multi-modal and getting along

Closed Thread
Old 01-18-2015, 04:25 PM
Default multi-modal and getting along

My friend and I just had a very interesting experience on the "multi-modul path" over by 466 and Belevedere. Two bicyclists
(man and women) were riding in front of us. My friend passed them as they were the slower traffic. When we came to the stop the man intentionally hit her from behind and the woman yelled at her. My friend did nothing wrong. There was plenty of time to pass. No wonder no one wants to share the road with these so called "jerks". I told the lady we passed her because she was the slower traffic and she flipped us off and yelled "go to h---". NICE, real class!
Old 01-18-2015, 07:01 PM
Gold member

See, I have been telling my wife exercise makes you crazy.
Old 01-18-2015, 08:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeV View Post
See, I have been telling my wife exercise makes you crazy.

I love these kind of responses, because there is nothing you can do about some jerks but have a laugh over them.
Old 01-18-2015, 08:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post

I love these kind of responses, because there is nothing you can do about some jerks but have a laugh over them.
No point in getting an assault and battery charge over an idiot. Hmm, sounds like the woman wore the pants in that couple also.
Old 01-18-2015, 10:00 PM
Gold member

Ahhh - a chance to use my favorite saying . . .

YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID!
Old 01-18-2015, 10:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,147 Times in 2,246 Posts

"you can't fix Stupid" Or completely totally inconsiderate. I ride my bike occasionally. I expect to be passed by faster traffic, and I stop at stop signs, and I signal when I am turning. AND I avoid locations and paths where I would be putting myself in danger......

It is too bad that you came across these idiots, the rest of us in the villages are wonderful people.
Old 01-18-2015, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post

I do, also! Love it when we can laugh about it.
Old 01-18-2015, 11:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

AND Mr. Hog. Most women wear the pants. Dresses aren't in anymore.
Old 01-19-2015, 06:05 AM

Particularly when riding a bicycle!
Old 01-19-2015, 08:08 AM
Gold member
Location: Bought Tamarind Grove, Mercer Island Wa, previously NH,FLA,Hi,CT,CA,GA, Hubby from Hawaii

It kills me that some people who ride bikes don't make the connection that they are a vehicle and that road rules apply.
At home our very twisty street runs all the way around the island and there is a park up by the freeway where people can park and they park their cars and bike around the island sometimes in packs. So because of all the curves long lines of cars end up behind them sometimes. If they are obeying the road rules I don't have a problem but....
Just before we came down I passed (in my car) a biker then around a couple curves put on my blinker to turn right but had to wait for a car to clear so stopped in the lane for a sec. Bike passes me between the curb and my car as I am turning and screams I cut him off. Hello my turn signal is on no passing on the right outside the lane get a clue.
Old 01-19-2015, 08:39 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromlich View Post
My friend and I just had a very interesting experience on the "multi-modul path" over by 466 and Belevedere. Two bicyclists
(man and women) were riding in front of us. My friend passed them as they were the slower traffic. When we came to the stop the man intentionally hit her from behind and the woman yelled at her. My friend did nothing wrong. There was plenty of time to pass. No wonder no one wants to share the road with these so called "jerks". I told the lady we passed her because she was the slower traffic and she flipped us off and yelled "go to h---". NICE, real class!
We're you in a golf cart? Did you give them at least 3 feet of room when you passed?
Old 01-19-2015, 08:44 AM

There are a lot of "good" bikers out there that follow the rules. I think the problem arises when the opinion that "I have rights" takes over common sense. It's not just bikers but some walkers, golf carters, etc that feel they are all that matters. We need to just be safe and care about each other as much as we do ourselves.
Old 01-19-2015, 09:47 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
"you can't fix Stupid" Or completely totally inconsiderate. I ride my bike occasionally. I expect to be passed by faster traffic, and I stop at stop signs, and I signal when I am turning. AND I avoid locations and paths where I would be putting myself in danger......
It's always nice to hear from responsible bikers...
Old 01-19-2015, 10:33 AM

Quote:
I am sorry that you were subjected to this type of rude behavior, which borders on the criminal, as you described that the cyclist intentionally hit your friend's cart. The words and "hand signals" are of less concern. I'm glad that no one was injured.

Such aggressive behavior by cyclists are pretty rare, in my experience, as they are at such a distinct disadvantage in any physical conflict with any other vehicle. The only thing that I can imagine that might provoke such behavior might have been their perception that they were being passed unsafely and/or illegally (less than the required 3 feet).
Old 01-19-2015, 10:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
There are a lot of "good" bikers out there that follow the rules. I think the problem arises when the opinion that "I have rights" takes over common sense. It's not just bikers but some walkers, golf carters, etc that feel they are all that matters. We need to just be safe and care about each other as much as we do ourselves.
The 99% of us that do always wonder why the 1% and the isolated fools gets so much play!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.