Is the music at the Squares unbearably LOUD?

Closed Thread
Old 12-01-2019, 07:12 AM
Sage

The only concert we went to that was real loud was Lady Gaga in Raleigh,NC--as far as the squares, been here 9 years+, go to the squares , only to dine or see a movie the only squares we dime in is Brownwood, Blufin or just outside of Spanish Springs @ Sakura

Going to the squares reminds me NYC, Times Sq-hate crowds & tight parking had our cars pinned in, once too often
Old 12-04-2019, 03:45 PM
Veteran member

No its not!
Old 12-04-2019, 10:30 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
LMAO. That statement makes no sense whatsoever. Listening to and enjoying any type of music, or relaxing, or having fun, does not equate to painful volume levels.

Plus one! Been there done that in my early years going to clubs and concerts. At this point in life I still get plenty of enjoyment listening to a trio or quartet in a small jazz club.
Old 12-06-2019, 07:35 AM
Veteran member

I was thinking of this thread last night as I was dancing to the Hooligans at Spanish Springs and thinking this isn’t that loud. No, you couldn’t have a conversation on the dance floor, or perhaps you could, I saw some people attempting it. But once on the sidewalk you could have a normal conversation.

Then I drove home and wandered into my den to watch TV and I could hear Johnny Wild clearly above the volume of the television. I live across the water from LSL, on an inland lot, with houses and a golf course between me and the water. My double pained windows were closed and locked (sealed). I did enjoy the series of Christmas songs they did in the last set from the warm comfort of my sofa. Perhaps it is a bit too loud.
Old 12-06-2019, 11:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed59 View Post
I was thinking of this thread last night as I was dancing to the Hooligans at Spanish Springs and thinking this isn’t that loud. No, you couldn’t have a conversation on the dance floor, or perhaps you could, I saw some people attempting it. But once on the sidewalk you could have a normal conversation.

Then I drove home and wandered into my den to watch TV and I could hear Johnny Wild clearly above the volume of the television. I live across the water from LSL, on an inland lot, with houses and a golf course between me and the water. My double pained windows were closed and locked (sealed). I did enjoy the series of Christmas songs they did in the last set from the warm comfort of my sofa. Perhaps it is a bit too loud.

Then you shouldn't have bought that house! Move! Wear earplugs! You're a wimp! Put a blanket over your house! You don't appreciate "the Developer"!, I've been to louder concerts! You hate the (non-denominational) holidays! You are getting too old to relax and have a good time! Johnny Wild and The Delights. Awesome band. Turn your hearing aide down!

LOL, just heading off some of the usual responses you are likely to get.
Old 12-07-2019, 08:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,880 Times in 2,426 Posts

If they can here the crap inside they’re house across lake IT’s TOO loud, just because some people are deaf don’t means the rest of us want to be.
Old 12-07-2019, 08:25 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,753 Times in 3,629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
If they can here the crap inside they’re house across lake IT’s TOO loud, just because some people are deaf don’t means the rest of us want to be.
I "here" ya.

Old 12-07-2019, 08:26 AM
Sage

I was at Lake Sumter last night with Cactus Jack playing....I did not think the volume was unusually loud. So, perhaps, it depends on the band and how they work with the audio team?
Old 12-07-2019, 08:37 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,674 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villages07 View Post
So, perhaps, it depends on the band and how they work with the audio team?
Yeah, that is probably correct.

As I said before, the night we were there listening to Johnny Wild they sang "Surfin Safari" at a reasonable volume.

Then one of the band members asked the sound guy to turn up the amps. The next piece of music was painfully loud, so we left.
Old 12-07-2019, 09:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post

I play championship courses every Friday and Palmer a couple of times a month. When I play Riley Grove at Arnold Palmer directly across Lake Sumter I always have a teetime after 1pm. When I come through holes 7, 8 and 9 usually about 4pm, way before the square music starts. I can hear the band playing at Cody's. I've been to Cody many times to listen to "Take Two", they're just a guy and girl with a keyboard and I sit 20' in front them with no problem.

Living across from LSL the sound travels across the water much easier. Plus when it's later sound travels greater at night. I can hear a train at night in Wildwood 5 miles from my house in Tamarind Grove and not hear any trains during the day. I can tell what song they're playing at Cody's while on Riley Grove and it has nothing to do with being too loud.

There is a scientific reason and it's because water cools the air above its surface, which then slows down the sound waves near the surface. This causes refraction or bending of the sound wave, such that more sound reaches across the lake. Sound waves skimming the surface of the water can add to the amplification effect, if the water is calm, which Lake Sumter usually is.
Old 12-07-2019, 11:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,995 Times in 1,728 Posts

I’d like to borrow the band members’ ear plugs.
Old 12-07-2019, 11:38 AM
Veteran member

From my yard I can usually hear if someone is playing at the square. I can seldom tell who is playing or what they are playing. That is what was so weird about the night of the tree lighting. I could hear the words inside the house. Was anyone at the square? Was it loud there? Or was it a weather phenomenon?
Old 12-11-2019, 02:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,741 Times in 1,223 Posts

There are usually children at the squares and anything greater that 85 db damages hearing so too loud is not good. Limit exposure by time or use earplugs for kids.

Tiny Tech Tips: Why You Need Earplugs At Concerts : All Songs Considered : NPR
Old 12-11-2019, 05:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I play championship courses every Friday and Palmer a couple of times a month. When I play Riley Grove at Arnold Palmer directly across Lake Sumter I always have a teetime after 1pm. When I come through holes 7, 8 and 9 usually about 4pm, way before the square music starts. I can hear the band playing at Cody's. I've been to Cody many times to listen to "Take Two", they're just a guy and girl with a keyboard and I sit 20' in front them with no problem.

Living across from LSL the sound travels across the water much easier. Plus when it's later sound travels greater at night. I can hear a train at night in Wildwood 5 miles from my house in Tamarind Grove and not hear any trains during the day. I can tell what song they're playing at Cody's while on Riley Grove and it has nothing to do with being too loud.

There is a scientific reason and it's because water cools the air above its surface, which then slows down the sound waves near the surface. This causes refraction or bending of the sound wave, such that more sound reaches across the lake. Sound waves skimming the surface of the water can add to the amplification effect, if the water is calm, which Lake Sumter usually is.
But John, they were inside the house. I heard the trains 🚂 where I live and yes on certain nights and wind direction it a lot louder. Another thing across the pond they are behind the speakers, but probably bounces off the buildings in front of the speakers. I really don’t have dog in the this cause I only have one ear that hears, so I stay clear of loud for me obnoxious noise the makes my pencil hanger ring.
Old 12-11-2019, 05:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
I "here" ya.

Huh? Can’t her you
Closed Thread

Tags
music, lake, loud, stand, sat

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.