Is the music at the Squares unbearably LOUD?

Closed Thread
Old 11-28-2019, 11:46 AM

The music is so loud I don't go to the squares anymore In fact, it is so loud that I heard it (faintly) in my house,
with the windows closed last night. Other times, I just hear the base. I can't sit on my deck overlooking the lake without the background of music I can't quite identify. I live next to the Silver Lake Rec Center. That's about a mile away. The free entertainment is no longer a benefit, just something I have to live with (and hide from.)
Old 11-28-2019, 11:47 AM

What did he Say, The music was to loud !
Old 11-28-2019, 11:49 AM

Can you imagine what it's going to be like for the poor folks who will be renting at the Lofts of Brownwood situated in the Brownwood Square parking lot who will be listening to this loud music 365 nights a year!
Old 11-28-2019, 11:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Some are starting to show and act their age.
Things that are no longer entertainment for some...for what ever reason...are still available for those that still enjoy it.

All others need not go/attend/listen/etc....it is just that simple.
Old 11-28-2019, 12:04 PM
Veteran member

I am trying to post a new idea but can’t find where you click on new post. My question is does anyone know for sure if they will be charging for premier seating at New Years squares. Three very good entertainers. Scooter, Johnny Wild, and the hooligans. I’m sure if they charged 50 bucks to see a tree lighting, they will charge for New Years eve
Old 11-28-2019, 12:14 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
Things that are no longer entertainment for some...for what ever reason...are still available for those that still enjoy it.

Clicking thank you wasn't enough. Thank You!!! That was the point I had in mind earlier in this thread.
Old 11-28-2019, 12:25 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,244 Times in 360 Posts

We attended the second set at Sumpter last night (the one referenced by the OP) and go to one of the squares at least once a week. We could hear the music once we entered the square. Could not hear it at all once we got past the theater going south back to our cart. I think some folks are exaggerating just a bit but I hope more people stay home. Sumpter was crazy busy last night.

The government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it from someone else
Old 11-28-2019, 12:36 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,754 Times in 3,629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by npwalters View Post
We attended the second set at Sumpter last night (the one referenced by the OP) and go to one of the squares at least once a week. We could hear the music once we entered the square. Could not hear it at all once we got past the theater going south back to our cart. I think some folks are exaggerating just a bit but I hope more people stay home. Sumpter was crazy busy last night.

No P

Old 11-28-2019, 12:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,358 Times in 2,509 Posts

It's the poor quality of the sound that hurts, if it is well balanced there should be no pain.
Problem on squares, is one sound setting, seems to fit all groups.
That is why most of the big groups have their own sound engineers, not some bloke knocking back the Buds with a volume control!
Old 11-28-2019, 12:58 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,780 Times in 728 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post

It is as simple as some people have excellent hearing and many here do not. It’s painful when you have your hearing.
Old 11-28-2019, 01:03 PM

We are all individuals with individual tastes. It's hard to please everyone and I think that is why we have entertainment at three squares to choose from every day. I have my favorite musical performers that I frequent and I think most residents also have their favorites. I know what to expect in terms of loudness from each of my favorites and I am never disappointed.
Old 11-28-2019, 01:11 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
My opinion is, when you go somewhere to listen to music, and it's too loud for you, you are getting too old to relax and have a good time. The name is Johnny WILD and the delights, not chamber music.
Old 11-28-2019, 01:15 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
When we first came here for a visit four years ago, we enjoyed the music at Lake Sumter.

Tonight we were up there and they had Johnny Wild (or Dee) and his group playing some good music. At the first part of the second set, they turned it up so loud that we could not stand it, even if sat back by the lake. So we left.

We have noticed that other groups are louder than they used to be.

What is your opinion?
We were there and back by the radio station and the music was fun and most enjoyable!
Old 11-28-2019, 01:24 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,674 Times in 628 Posts

It is nice to see that some of you agree with me that the music can be painfully loud when certain groups are playing.

We sometimes sit back by the lake so the sound is not too bad, but then we can't see the performers, so it is not any better than just hearing music on Youtube. Actually, Youtube is better because there are a lot of good videos, even some of the homemade ones.

Anyway, thanks for all of your opinions.
Old 11-28-2019, 01:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by wielen View Post
Yes the music is way way too loud at the squares!! When you ask the sound guy to please turn it down he laughs at you and then proceeds to turn the volume higher!! You know what we pay for this music would be nice if we could enjoy it at a decent noise level!! But then who are we only the people who live here and listen to the sound barrier breaking music!!!
The musicians are paid for by the merchants on the square. But perhaps you are a merchant.

Tags
music, lake, loud, stand, sat

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.