Must read. Orlando Sentinal. Page J 1 Cancer benefit thrown for a loss by Villages.

Closed Thread
Old 02-07-2011, 09:18 PM
Gold member
Default Follow-up Question to Moffitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajakk View Post
I have emailed Michelle Foley 4 times about the fund raising here. I received two reply's the first said my questions would be referred to someone in TV who could answer them. I never received any answers from anyone connected with the fundraiser. The second was the press release everyone received who emailed Foley.
In other words she has not answered any questions I have asked.
This evening, I sent Ms. Foley the following e-mail. As indicated therein, I will post her reply here.

"Other residents of The Villages and I have become concerned about some of the fund-raising actions alleged by the Orlando Sentinel to have been undertaken on behalf of your organization by the developer of The Villages. Would you be good enough to help allay these concerns by answering the following question:

Would you please disclose the details of all contracts, arrangements, or other understandings between Moffitt and any member of the Morse family, or any corporation, limited liability company, partnership, or other entity controlled by the Morse family or any member thereof? Please specifically include any contract, arrangement, or other understanding that could financially benefit any of the foregoing because of fund-raising efforts on behalf of Moffitt or because of Moffitt's establishing a presence in The Villages.

To assist you in putting this matter to rest, I will be glad to forward your
response to the Property Owners' Association for publication in its Bulletin and
will post your response on the TalkofTheVillages website.

Thank you for your anticipated response."
Old 02-07-2011, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advogado View Post
This evening, I sent Ms. Foley the following e-mail. As indicated therein, I will post her reply here.

"Other residents of The Villages and I have become concerned about some of the fund-raising actions alleged by the Orlando Sentinel to have been undertaken on behalf of your organization by the developer of The Villages. Would you be good enough to help allay these concerns by answering the following question:

Would you please disclose the details of all contracts, arrangements, or other understandings between Moffitt and any member of the Morse family, or any corporation, limited liability company, partnership, or other entity controlled by the Morse family or any member thereof? Please specifically include any contract, arrangement, or other understanding that could financially benefit any of the foregoing because of fund-raising efforts on behalf of Moffitt or because of Moffitt's establishing a presence in The Villages.

response to the Property Owners' Association for publication in its Bulletin and

Cudos to you for taking the time to write the e-mail. I would be amiss if I didn't include all who wrote in an effort to find the truth.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:25 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Wilson View Post
Cudos to you for taking the time to write the e-mail. I would be amiss if I didn't include all who wrote in an effort to find the truth.

In my best Jack Nicholson ...

"Truth, you want the truth, you can't handle the truth".

Just kidding.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:51 PM
Gold member
Default Moffitt Response to Follow-up Question

Quote:

Here is the Moffitt response:

"Thanks for your e-mail.

Our contract with CFHA is not a matter of public record as it is information relating to a private contractual agreement. However, if there is information you are requesting that is not confidential we would be happy to share it with you if you would like to provide some specific questions.

Thanks,

Michelle"
Old 02-08-2011, 08:12 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to barb1191

Quote:
Here is the Moffitt response:

"Thanks for your e-mail.

Our contract with CFHA is not a matter of public record as it is information relating to a private contractual agreement. However, if there is information you are requesting that is not confidential we would be happy to share it with you if you would like to provide some specific questions.

Thanks,

Michelle"
...."a private contractual agreement." Since when is it a private contractual agreement when the public is asked/demanded to donate big bucks???? Sure sounds like the public should be well informed about this contractual agreement.

Maybe these donations already given to the developer's organization (is it really certifiably an organization? I couldn't find anything about it in searching the web) should incorporate to become a third party in this "contractual agreement." Why not? Monies donated blindly where people were so misled should know what the "deal" is with their money and have some say in negotiations.

Most people walk in and out of your life, but FRIENDS leave footprints in your heart.

"Being kind is more important than being right." By Andy Rooney
Old 02-08-2011, 08:21 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

This is not meant to be a negative comment, but it is the response I expected. The request really was asking for confidential information. Maybe we could all brainstorm to see what information we truly want and what questions we think we can get answers to. I'd say that once we have some reasonable questions, it would be time to email Moffitt again and see what is said.

Some of my questions are:

1) What will Moffitt-TV offer that Leesburg-TV doesn't offer, if anything (this one should definitely be answerable).

2) How are Moffitt Centers usually funded -- all donations, public funding, equipment purchased by Moffitt or one of its subsidiaries or a combination?

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 02-08-2011, 10:44 PM
Sage

I agree that it was a request for legitimately confidential information. To add to Red's suggested questions, I would add:

Since Moffitt will not own the equipment, what direct benefit will Moffitt derive from fund raising effort?
Old 02-09-2011, 12:42 PM
Default Follow the Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
I agree that it was a request for legitimately confidential information. To add to Red's suggested questions, I would add:

Since Moffitt will not own the equipment, what direct benefit will Moffitt derive from fund raising effort?
I emailed Michelle Foley and asked what if anything were they getting from the donations to The Village Health System.

Following is her response:

Hi Jack,

The monies raised in The Villages will be used for the Moffitt Cancer Center at The Villages Health System and will not be shared with the Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa. All of the equipment purchased for The Villages Cancer Center will be owned by The Villages Health System and not Moffitt.

If you have any other questions please don’t hesitate to reach out again.

Best,

Michelle
Old 02-09-2011, 07:37 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajakk View Post
I emailed Michelle Foley and asked what if anything were they getting from the donations to The Village Health System.

Following is her response:

Hi Jack,

The monies raised in The Villages will be used for the Moffitt Cancer Center at The Villages Health System and will not be shared with the Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa. All of the equipment purchased for The Villages Cancer Center will be owned by The Villages Health System and not Moffitt.

If you have any other questions please don’t hesitate to reach out again.

Best,

Michelle
That doesn't actually answer the question. I wonder if she has considered a career in politics.

Old 02-09-2011, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
That doesn't actually answer the question. I wonder if she has considered a career in politics.

In a way, I think it does confirm something I thought all along - the equipment they want us to donate will be property of The Villages Health System. Since radiation treatment is very profitable, they will see immediate return on the "donated" equipment. It's like I wanted to open a liquor store and you guys bought all the booze for me to sell - and I get to keep all the money I make. Talk about a sweetheart deal!!
Old 02-09-2011, 07:54 PM
Veteran member

Last edited by bestmickey; 02-09-2011 at 08:38 PM. Reason: answered in error
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.