Must read. Orlando Sentinal. Page J 1 Cancer benefit thrown for a loss by Villages.

Closed Thread
Old 02-06-2011, 08:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajakk View Post
I have emailed Michelle Foley the Public Relations Officer for the Moffitt Cancer in Tampa. She refuses to comment on the Moffitt affiliate in The Villages. If anyone else would like to try her Email address is michelle.foley@moffitt.org.
I have written to ask her if the information is accurate. How do you know she refuses to comment? Did she respond to this effect?
Old 02-06-2011, 09:41 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to barb1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajakk View Post
I have emailed Michelle Foley the Public Relations Officer for the Moffitt Cancer in Tampa. She refuses to comment on the Moffitt affiliate in The Villages. If anyone else would like to try her Email address is michelle.foley@moffitt.org.
I did too; just now. Figure it's worth a try.

Most people walk in and out of your life, but FRIENDS leave footprints in your heart.

"Being kind is more important than being right." By Andy Rooney
Old 02-07-2011, 08:48 AM
Gold member
Default Follow-up Question for the Moffitt Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by 784caroline View Post
Like I said earlier , The People in The VIllages will understand the recent article in the Orlando paper. There may be some misunderstanding about donations in support of the equipement needed for the Villages Moffit Center but people do understand this Relay for Life issue.

This is not good PR for the Morses, The Villages or the Moffit Center. I also wrote to the Moffit Center alerting them how their name was being dragged down and through the mud over this recent incident. Suggest you all do the same!!
If you ever get a reply, a good follow-up question would be: Would you please disclose the details of all contracts, arrangements, or other understandings between Moffitt and any member of the Morse family, or any corporation, limited liability company, partnership, or other entity controlled by the Morse family or any member thereof? Please specifically include any contract, arrangement, or other understanding that could financially benefit any of the foregoing because of fund-raising efforts on behalf of Moffitt.

One has to be, or should be, a little cynical about what appears to have gone on, and appears to continue to go on, with respect to the fund-raising drive.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:02 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advogado View Post
If you ever get a reply, a good follow-up question would be: Would you please disclose the details of all contracts, arrangements, or other understandings between Moffitt and any member of the Morse family, or any corporation, limited liability company, partnership, or other entity controlled by the Morse family or any member thereof? Please specifically include any contract, arrangement, or other understanding that could financially benefit any of the foregoing because of fund-raising efforts on behalf of Moffitt.

One has to be, or should be, a little cynical about what appears to have gone on, and appears to continue to go on, with respect to the fund-raising drive.
Known corporate affiliations. Click on a circle, it's interactive.

http://www.corporationwiki.com/graph...px?id=14993004
Old 02-07-2011, 10:28 AM
Sage
Location: the villages since 04. Lived in Alaska, Texas, California, Massachusetts, Maine, Maryland, New York
Thanked 6,953 Times in 1,189 Posts
Default that is amazing

Clinking on the link above is so interesting. then clicking on a name or business gives so much information. Very very interesting. Thanks Whalen
Old 02-07-2011, 12:06 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I'd done some research about Morse holdings, but this gives some I hadn't even thought to consider such as the LLCs for the water and power. I truly don't mind that they have their fingers in so many pies -- they run most of them quite well. I do dislike the greed in the running some of their businesses.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 02-07-2011, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalen View Post

Wow! Whalen, this is a great site. Thanks for posting.
Old 02-07-2011, 02:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

[,,

Last edited by graciegirl; 02-07-2011 at 07:53 PM.
Old 02-07-2011, 02:14 PM
Gold member
Default Morse-family Maze

Quote:

Thanks for the information. That chart is really interesting. Do you know who prepared it, when, and why? Is it is accurate, complete, and up-to-date?
Old 02-07-2011, 03:03 PM
Email Reported As Spam
Default 50% or Out

I noted that one post made reference to the real story to soon be found in the Daily Sun around page 25. Perhaps such reaction is good to remind us all not to jump to conclusions and pre-judge. On the other hand, I do not know of another venue in or around The Villages, other than the Orlando Sentinel/Lauren Ritchie, including the VHA or the POA that has the courage to honestly detail many of the busines dealings taking place in TV.

The problem as I see it is that some people here simply refuse to be faced with news that might affect their view of TV. I refer to this as disney dust clouding their vision. TV is no different than any other place and politics will always play a part in our lives. We can either embrace the truth and have it worked for us or ignore it and have it work against us. Thankfully that choice is still ours . I made mine long ago when I first moved here and Lauren Ritchie speaks the truth. I hold no credence in any media venue or Homeowner Association in TV and little based on past dealings with TV government.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:10 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I have seen this site before and you can see that the Morse family holdings are not a small entity. That in itself is not bad, in fact I think it is reassuring.
I don't think ever again will this happen, a single builder building a town of this size and doing it so well.

Does anyone remember Levittown? My sister in law lived there for a time, but I don't know much about it. I know it was the source of the song about "Houses made out of Ticky Tacky", or at least I THINK it was.
Levittown?
Old 02-07-2011, 03:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Levittown?
Read more here:
http://tigger.uic.edu/~pbhales/Levittown.html
Old 02-07-2011, 03:24 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Thanks, I know about Levittown.
I was wondering what it had to do with this thread.
Old 02-07-2011, 04:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Old 02-07-2011, 06:24 PM
Default Follow the Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
I have written to ask her if the information is accurate. How do you know she refuses to comment? Did she respond to this effect?
I have emailed Michelle Foley 4 times about the fund raising here. I received two reply's the first said my questions would be referred to someone in TV who could answer them. I never received any answers from anyone connected with the fundraiser. The second was the press release everyone received who emailed Foley.
In other words she has not answered any questions I have asked.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.