MVP garage door wall panel not working

Closed Thread
Old 01-11-2019, 03:24 PM
Default MVP garage door wall panel not working

The wall buttons will not open the garage door. The panel buttons are lit, no breakers are tripped. I tried replacing the panel thinking that maybe one of the circuit boards was fried but still no luck.The garage remotes open and close the door normally. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. TIA.
Old 01-11-2019, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourjayranch View Post
The wall buttons will not open the garage door. The panel buttons are lit, no breakers are tripped. I tried replacing the panel thinking that maybe one of the circuit boards was fried but still no luck.The garage remotes open and close the door normally. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. TIA.

Sounds like the safety lights are out or misaligned. I'd quit wasting time and money and call Ryan O'cull. he'll have you up and running in no time. Punctual and reasonable. 352-617-0522.
Old 01-11-2019, 03:54 PM

Make sure the black switch on bottom is not locked. Be sure it is all the way to the unlock side.
Old 01-11-2019, 07:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourjayranch View Post
I am not sure the 'wall buttons' are interchangeable without some programming at the garage door opener. IMHO, put the original 'wall buttons back, make sure the slide switch at the bottom is in the UNLOCKED position, and test the operation. There is a small hole where you can insert a paper clip to reset the unit, you might try that, if nothing works, call Ryan OCull.
Old 01-11-2019, 08:40 PM

Thanks for your response. I apologize if my use of the term “wall buttons” was not the proper term for the controls on the wall panel. I replaced the old panel, made sure it was unlocked, and reset the unit with no success. I’ll give Ryan a call on Monday. Thanks again for the assistance.
Old 01-12-2019, 08:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

Let all of know what he finds, thanks.
Old 01-12-2019, 11:00 AM

Ryan O'Cull, for sure
Old 01-14-2019, 02:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

All the positive things mentioned on TOTV about Ryan O'Cull are true.

My opener started humming when activated over the weekend. I called Ryan this morning at 9:30, he returned my call at 1:05 and said "give me an hour and I will stop by. He arrived at 1:40 and left at 1:55. This time included our greeting and me writing a check.

All fixed. Fair price and a friendly meeting.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND!
Old 01-14-2019, 02:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
All the positive things mentioned on TOTV about Ryan O'Cull are true.

My opener started humming when activated over the weekend. I called Ryan this morning at 9:30, he returned my call at 1:05 and said "give me an hour and I will stop by. He arrived at 1:40 and left at 1:55. This time included our greeting and me writing a check.

All fixed. Fair price and a friendly meeting.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND!
I've referred four of my customers to Ryan, and had the occasion to be at one of their houses when he arrived to fix an opener issue. He is professional, thorough and honest. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone who needs garage door opener repairs.
Old 01-14-2019, 04:31 PM

Called Ryan and he came over within an hour. It took him a while to find the problem, but it turned out to be a short in the wiring to one of the sensors. We are now back up and running and it only cost $65. Thank you all for the recommendation.
Old 01-14-2019, 09:42 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,084 Times in 367 Posts

I had problems with my wall unit several years ago with eratic operation. Sometimes it worked, sometimes not. I bought a replacement and it solved the problem. As I recall, the only wires to connect to the wall are obviously directly connected to the control unit on the ceiling. The ceiling unit is the brain. The wall unit has a control board and serves several purposes. I believe all purposes are to communicate with the ceiling unit. So failure to work would mean that either the wires are defective (Short), the ceiling unit is defective, or the wall unit is defective. Wire problem check to insure good connections. Ceiling unit working ok in all other functions, go to source of problem ie the wall unit. I should note that someone had a spare wall unit that they gave to me and I tried it with no success. New one worked. Was about $12 on EBAY. No reprogramming was required.
Old 01-16-2019, 09:48 AM

Several people have mentioned in nextdoor that they have left Ryan O’Cull a message several times in the last week with no return phone calls. I also left him several voicemails and text messages with no return phone calls for 10+ days. Anybody else having the same issue? Does anyone know what is happening with Ryan? You would think he would put something on his voicemail to let people know what is happening. I just hope he’s OK!
Closed Thread

Tags
panel, door, garage, open, buttons

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.