MVP garage door wall panel not working

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 01-11-2019, 03:24 PM

Default MVP garage door wall panel not working

The wall buttons will not open the garage door. The panel buttons are lit, no breakers are tripped. I tried replacing the panel thinking that maybe one of the circuit boards was fried but still no luck.The garage remotes open and close the door normally. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. TIA.

Old 01-11-2019, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourjayranch View Post
The wall buttons will not open the garage door. The panel buttons are lit, no breakers are tripped. I tried replacing the panel thinking that maybe one of the circuit boards was fried but still no luck.The garage remotes open and close the door normally. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. TIA.

Sounds like the safety lights are out or misaligned. I'd quit wasting time and money and call Ryan O'cull. he'll have you up and running in no time. Punctual and reasonable. 352-617-0522.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2019, 03:54 PM

Make sure the black switch on bottom is not locked. Be sure it is all the way to the unlock side.
Old 01-11-2019, 07:50 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourjayranch View Post
I am not sure the 'wall buttons' are interchangeable without some programming at the garage door opener. IMHO, put the original 'wall buttons back, make sure the slide switch at the bottom is in the UNLOCKED position, and test the operation. There is a small hole where you can insert a paper clip to reset the unit, you might try that, if nothing works, call Ryan OCull.
Old 01-11-2019, 08:40 PM

Thanks for your response. I apologize if my use of the term “wall buttons” was not the proper term for the controls on the wall panel. I replaced the old panel, made sure it was unlocked, and reset the unit with no success. I’ll give Ryan a call on Monday. Thanks again for the assistance.
Old 01-12-2019, 08:49 AM
Sage

Let all of know what he finds, thanks.
Old 01-12-2019, 11:00 AM

Ryan O'Cull, for sure
Old 01-14-2019, 02:19 PM
Sage

All the positive things mentioned on TOTV about Ryan O'Cull are true.

My opener started humming when activated over the weekend. I called Ryan this morning at 9:30, he returned my call at 1:05 and said "give me an hour and I will stop by. He arrived at 1:40 and left at 1:55. This time included our greeting and me writing a check.

All fixed. Fair price and a friendly meeting.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND!
Old 01-14-2019, 02:29 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
All the positive things mentioned on TOTV about Ryan O'Cull are true.

My opener started humming when activated over the weekend. I called Ryan this morning at 9:30, he returned my call at 1:05 and said "give me an hour and I will stop by. He arrived at 1:40 and left at 1:55. This time included our greeting and me writing a check.

All fixed. Fair price and a friendly meeting.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND!
I've referred four of my customers to Ryan, and had the occasion to be at one of their houses when he arrived to fix an opener issue. He is professional, thorough and honest. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone who needs garage door opener repairs.
Old 01-14-2019, 04:31 PM

Called Ryan and he came over within an hour. It took him a while to find the problem, but it turned out to be a short in the wiring to one of the sensors. We are now back up and running and it only cost $65. Thank you all for the recommendation.

Tags
panel, door, garage, open, buttons