To my golfing friends....warning!

Closed Thread
Old 04-04-2020, 05:17 PM
Veteran member
Default To my golfing friends....warning!

I have played the Champ courses for the last eight and one half years. I played twice this week and we practiced social distancing in both groups. Yesterday on Cane Garden I saw a group that had just finished and they were all sitting under a tree next to the first tee with most outside of their carts and no more that two to three feet apart. I live on Belle Glade and while walking my dog I noticed a foursome with four carts all standing on the T box no more than three to four feet from each other. Next I saw two women waiting to T off not more than two feet from each other in a conversation. If you want the golf courses to be CLOSED then keep it up. I guarantee you the powers to be are watching. I love golf and it is the main reason we moved here but some are just not caring or not listening to the rules of the Governor and our POTUS. Practice social distancing!
Old 04-04-2020, 05:25 PM

Yes, personal distances is something that has to thought about constantly. If you don’t, natural habit automatically returns.
Old 04-04-2020, 05:32 PM
Sage

Maybe they're "thinking" that because they're outside they're safe. I know that we're being serious at our house about this thing. Just listened to the new daily update not too long ago---we NEED to be serious! Just had a thought...maybe you or someone here, who golfs, needs to post on the other local social media sites just reminding people it's not about them.
Old 04-04-2020, 06:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,910 Times in 4,143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeForChange View Post
I have played the Champ courses for the last eight and one half years. I played twice this week and we practiced social distancing in both groups. Yesterday on Cane Garden I saw a group that had just finished and they were all sitting under a tree next to the first tee with most outside of their carts and no more that two to three feet apart. I live on Belle Glade and while walking my dog I noticed a foursome with four carts all standing on the T box no more than three to four feet from each other. Next I saw two women waiting to T off not more than two feet from each other in a conversation. If you want the golf courses to be CLOSED then keep it up. I guarantee you the powers to be are watching. I love golf and it is the main reason we moved here but some are just not caring or not listening to the rules of the Governor and our POTUS. Practice social distancing!
Agree!

I played TDS today and the guy (6 feet) ahead of me on line had to have social distancing explained to him---twice!! (DOH). The staffer also mentioned that the people living in the homes on the course are busy taking pictures of golfers whom are too close, at least in their estimation.

This is not rocket science. Golf management has set it up so you can pay for your round and sign in without touching anything or getting inside 6 feet. Play you round as usual, just take 4 carts and stay 6 feet away from each other. You're playing on a 150+ acre field, surely 4 people can stay 6 feet away from each other.

As far as the Cecil B. Demills go, there are probably 3 types:
a) people who are so paranoid that they think if 2 golfers get 5' 11 1/2" from each other they are both going to get the virus, and then spread it to them in the grocery store, and then they are going to die. I'll refrain from calling them names because they are simply paralyzed with fear----they won't admit it, instead they post how they are saving lives
b) people who have been closed out of their favorite activity so they want others to lose theirs. Them I'll call idiots and worse
c) the usual small core of Villagers that are always miserable and complaining, so this just gives them something new to gripe about

Is this right, no, but it is the reality. You can be sure these Ansel Adams wannabees will be busy sending in their pictures to the powers that be in an effort to get golf closed down. Sad, because 99% of the golfers are following the rules, but drive through neighborhoods and past park and there are tons of non-golfers congregating. Maybe they should point their cameras in that direction. The only person who I asked WHY they take pictures stated it was to "shame" these people. Pretty lame, does she really think that people who are congregating in defiance of an executive order from the governor of Florida would be all broken up by her "shaming" of them. Get real.

So bottom line, golfers, just follow instructions signing in and stay 6 feet away from each other. PLEASE!
Old 04-04-2020, 06:14 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeForChange View Post
As always, the few inconsiderates will kill the game for us all. Maybe if some of us would bring their infractions to their attention , they would try to comply, Silly me, probably the same entitled folks who believe that their violation of deed restrictions is ok.
Old 04-04-2020, 06:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,156 Times in 1,919 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
.......... The only person who I asked WHY they take pictures stated it was to "shame" these people. Pretty lame, does she really think that people who are congregating in defiance of an executive order from the governor of Florida would be all broken up by her "shaming" of them. Get real...........
I believe you are referring to a post I made a couple of days ago answering the question of why would anyone take photos of people who are not adhering to social distancing. I said in my post that I have NEVER taken a photo of people who congregate together. I answered the question as I see it. It is a very easy question to answer. Why else would people take photos of people doing stupid things? Of course......to shame them. It is not lame at all. Duh!
Old 04-04-2020, 06:36 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

I've seen couples, not married, riding in the same cart.

They don't live together and one was an MD prior to retirement.

Old 04-04-2020, 06:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I believe you are referring to a post I made a couple of days ago answering the question of why would anyone take photos of people who are not adhering to social distancing. I said in my post that I have NEVER taken a photo of people who congregate together. I answered the question as I see it. It is a very easy question to answer. Why else would people take photos of people doing stupid things? Of course......to shame them. It is not lame at all. Duh!
Then I would view you as the exception, so apologies. But most of the photographers are trying to gather evidence that golf if not safe in order to get it closed down, I can't really see any other reason
Old 04-04-2020, 07:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,278 Times in 807 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Then I would view you as the exception, so apologies. But most of the photographers are trying to gather evidence that golf if not safe in order to get it closed down, I can't really see any other reason
Old 04-04-2020, 07:59 PM

The six feet is to be safe from someone sneezing or coughing. The virus is passed in droplet form. Someone who spits when they talk can also pass it. Mind the six feet, but it's not liked the virus is floating in the air and you'll automatically get it by being less than 6 feet from someone.
Old 04-05-2020, 05:10 AM
Send a message via AIM to JudyLife

You need total lockdown. The only way to stop the spread & have the possibility of the virus having no where to go.
Old 04-05-2020, 05:18 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyLife View Post
You need total lockdown. The only way to stop the spread & have the possibility of the virus having no where to go.
Great, another "expert". What do you know that the Florida Department of Health doesn't?????
Old 04-05-2020, 05:55 AM
Veteran member

At Evans Prairie yesterday it seemed all we’re practicing good social distancing. Unfortunately this is not always the case. Some people just don’t get it. It is not that hard to stay 6 feet apart.
Old 04-05-2020, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARFAP View Post
The six feet is to be safe from someone sneezing or coughing. The virus is passed in droplet form. Someone who spits when they talk can also pass it. Mind the six feet, but it's not liked the virus is floating in the air and you'll automatically get it by being less than 6 feet from someone.
The scientists are now saying that evidence is indicating that people are being exposed to Coronavirus from airborne transmission, not just particulates. This virus changes, plus they are still learning about it. It takes time. I believe you’re better off assuming it stays in the air for awhile and take those precautions. Do you really want to be on the wrong end of this learning curve?
Old 04-05-2020, 06:26 AM

The latest study, published in the New England Journal of Medicine clearly demonstrates airborne virus for over an hour. I love golf, and want to live to play another day. Here is a clip from the study abstract. We can benefit from what these medical researchers have learned, and stay home, or we can wait for the result of our study called ‘Let’s play golf as usual in the villages and see what happens’

“ SARS-CoV-2 remained viable in aerosols throughout the duration of our experiment (3 hours), with a reduction in infectious titer from 103.5 to 102.7 TCID50 per liter of air. This reduction was similar to that observed with SARS-CoV-1, from 104.3 to 103.5 TCID50 per milliliter (Figure 1A).”

Last edited by ismatta; 04-05-2020 at 06:31 AM. Reason: Omission
Closed Thread

Tags
feet, courses, golf, carts, social

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.