To my golfing friends....warning!

Closed Thread
Old 04-05-2020, 02:55 PM
Exclamation Distancing: what part of that dont you get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchad View Post
Yes, personal distances is something that has to thought about constantly. If you don’t, natural habit automatically returns.
we are NOT INVINCIBLE....THIS IS FOR YOUR SAFETY KNUCKLEHEADS. DYING FROM THIS VIRUS IS MOST UNPLEASANT. BUCK UP FOLKS. DO THE RIGHT THING HERE IN THE VILLAGES. WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE THE ADULTS IN THE WORLD, AND HERE WE ARE NOT FOLLOWING THE GUIDELINES...…..PAY ATTENTION AND DO THE RIGHT THING
Old 04-05-2020, 04:22 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,308 Times in 542 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapbas View Post
The posters here are correct, people don’t understand that 6 feet does not mean 2 feet. However for the anti golf people, I was in one of the colony supermarkets last week and it was mayhem, I determined that while standing there in a line of 30 people waiting to check out my odds of getting the virus there was 10X what it would ever be on a golf course.
I walked into the Colony Publix last week took a quick look and left. Mayhem is a good word to describe the crowd. We need to change our practice of going to the grocery every day or every other day. In addition, my wife and I no longer shop together in order to cut down on numbers in the store. The other day I noticed 4 of us waiting in our golf carts in the parking lot of the Walmart neighborhood Market. This community is, and has always been, a “golfing community”. The golf courses in The Villages have been “retrofitted” to make them as safe as possible. Are they safe? Is any place outside of your home totally safe? Did our previous choices make our home totally safe? Where you were last week was it totally safe? By using common sense, and following CDC advice, we make our best personal choices.
Old 04-05-2020, 05:25 PM

What if we create a website for "Golf for Life"?

1.Get an address of people who need food near your golf course to be played
2. Get the list of needs
3. Shop
4. Deliver in front of the house
5. Go play !

You are out there anyway.. Why not do some good?
Old 04-05-2020, 06:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Then I would view you as the exception, so apologies. But most of the photographers are trying to gather evidence that golf if not safe in order to get it closed down, I can't really see any other reason
You must love your golf. LOL.
Old 04-05-2020, 06:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlspiess View Post
No offense but all this complaining about golf yet the churches are open.
I'm still scratching my head about this one. Is it against the constitution to close the churches in the event of a pandemic?
Old 04-05-2020, 08:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
I walked into the Colony Publix last week took a quick look and left. Mayhem is a good word to describe the crowd. We need to change our practice of going to the grocery every day or every other day. In addition, my wife and I no longer shop together in order to cut down on numbers in the store. The other day I noticed 4 of us waiting in our golf carts in the parking lot of the Walmart neighborhood Market. This community is, and has always been, a “golfing community”. The golf courses in The Villages have been “retrofitted” to make them as safe as possible. Are they safe? Is any place outside of your home totally safe? Did our previous choices make our home totally safe? Where you were last week was it totally safe? By using common sense, and following CDC advice, we make our best personal choices.
Of all the Publix stores, Colony is, IMO, a horrible store. For some reason the attitudes of those that shop there are me first and screw the rest of you. Traverse and Lake Deaton have a much more tolerant clientele, don't know why.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 04-06-2020, 01:07 PM

Quote:
And it probably is.

Please don't get the wrong idea from many of my posts. This pandemic IS serious and everybody should be extremely careful. Everybody should follow the law and engage only in permitted activities, and everyone is free to exceed the restrictions. I have defended golf because it is a low risk activity, in fact lower risk than many other things Villagers are doing every day. There is NOTHING anyone can do to make their risk zero. My objections are against those that want to dictate their choice of exceeding the restrictions to everyone else, and those that call anyone not doing what they are doing idiots, selfish, and entitled.

People are dying and that sucks. People are mortal and that sort of sucks as well. However, this is not the end of civilization as we know it (although it is rapidly becoming the end of civility---and I'm as guilty as the next person, sorry.)

But here are some numbers to ponder:

Since the first case appeared in China on November 17th, 140 days have passed and 66,560 people have died. Deaths from all other causes, worldwide, average 153,400 PER DAY or 21,476,000 since Nov 17. This is not wiping out the human race. Cases are increasing in some parts of the world and decreasing in other. It will end, sooner or later.
Well said
Old 04-06-2020, 02:32 PM
Default Warning to golfers

Today I was playing in a twosome and as we were completeing our last hole on # 9 Fort Walton we observed the two foursomes that had been ahead of us congregating in mass along the cart path and grass area just past the green. To say they were not following the guidelines would be an understatement, we quickly weaved our two carts around their parked golf carts and pulled ahead and stopped near the restaurant. These 8 golfers were as close as 2 feet apart and acted as though they didn't have a clue what the world was going through. As one of the golfers passed us we cautioned him on the requirements of social distancing and he said , " we were playing for money and had to make payments to the winners".

These are the idiots that will ruin what we are now able to enjoy but probably not for long.
Old 04-06-2020, 02:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmagrann View Post
Today I was playing in a twosome and as we were completeing our last hole on # 9 Fort Walton we observed the two foursomes that had been ahead of us congregating in mass along the cart path and grass area just past the green. To say they were not following the guidelines would be an understatement, we quickly weaved our two carts around their parked golf carts and pulled ahead and stopped near the restaurant. These 8 golfers were as close as 2 feet apart and acted as though they didn't have a clue what the world was going through. As one of the golfers passed us we cautioned him on the requirements of social distancing and he said , " we were playing for money and had to make payments to the winners".

These are the idiots that will ruin what we are now able to enjoy but probably not for long.
These people are OBLIVIOUS!!! Somebody wake these people up! Close the golf courses for crying out loud. People can not be trusted to follow simple guidelines.
Old 04-06-2020, 04:00 PM

I vote to close the Golf Courses. All of them!

Like children, can't play nice, don't play at all.

I am a Golfer and can wait it out.
If you are a renter, GO HOME!!
There is always next year, maybe.
Old 04-06-2020, 04:01 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
These people are OBLIVIOUS!!! Somebody wake these people up! Close the golf courses for crying out loud. People can not be trusted to follow simple guidelines.
Sadly, All it takes is ONE time.
Old 04-06-2020, 04:04 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scbang View Post
What if we create a website for "Golf for Life"?

1.Get an address of people who need food near your golf course to be played
2. Get the list of needs
3. Shop
4. Deliver in front of the house
5. Go play !

You are out there anyway.. Why not do some good?

What a great idea and it would dispel the myth that golfers are selfish.
Old 04-06-2020, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Agree!

I played TDS today and the guy (6 feet) ahead of me on line had to have social distancing explained to him---twice!! (DOH). The staffer also mentioned that the people living in the homes on the course are busy taking pictures of golfers whom are too close, at least in their estimation.

This is not rocket science. Golf management has set it up so you can pay for your round and sign in without touching anything or getting inside 6 feet. Play you round as usual, just take 4 carts and stay 6 feet away from each other. You're playing on a 150+ acre field, surely 4 people can stay 6 feet away from each other.

As far as the Cecil B. Demills go, there are probably 3 types:
a) people who are so paranoid that they think if 2 golfers get 5' 11 1/2" from each other they are both going to get the virus, and then spread it to them in the grocery store, and then they are going to die. I'll refrain from calling them names because they are simply paralyzed with fear----they won't admit it, instead they post how they are saving lives
b) people who have been closed out of their favorite activity so they want others to lose theirs. Them I'll call idiots and worse
c) the usual small core of Villagers that are always miserable and complaining, so this just gives them something new to gripe about

Is this right, no, but it is the reality. You can be sure these Ansel Adams wannabees will be busy sending in their pictures to the powers that be in an effort to get golf closed down. Sad, because 99% of the golfers are following the rules, but drive through neighborhoods and past park and there are tons of non-golfers congregating. Maybe they should point their cameras in that direction. The only person who I asked WHY they take pictures stated it was to "shame" these people. Pretty lame, does she really think that people who are congregating in defiance of an executive order from the governor of Florida would be all broken up by her "shaming" of them. Get real.

So bottom line, golfers, just follow instructions signing in and stay 6 feet away from each other. PLEASE!
99 PERCENT COMPLY -- yeah ok -- I am not disgruntled -- I don't play Golf because I work -- Golf is important to my home value -- but Golfers are not keeping the appropriate distances -- blame them -- not the people reporting transgressions
Old 04-06-2020, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
You must love your golf. LOL.
they seem to all have only a singular vision - it says that golfers are special -- Outside is better than indoors -- but WITHIN SPITTING DISTANCE -- works for no one
Old 04-06-2020, 05:32 PM
Platinum member

All those who want the golf courses closed, raise your hand if you attended church yesterday.

Tags
feet, courses, golf, carts, social

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.