My Thoughts about an article in Sunday's paper

Closed Thread
Old 06-01-2017, 01:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by circletrack View Post
I 100% understand that people are afraid. And it's unfortunate. IMO their fears have grown for the wrong reasons including religious discrimination and racism.

No, I would not want to move into Fuller park. And not because of the color of the skin or religion of the people that live there. But because of the crime rate. I have the ability to separate the two.
No, their fear has grown because of beheadings, suicide bombers and mass shootings. They would feel the same way towards Lutherans if they were the terrorists

Just as it is unfair to judge all Muslims by the jihadists, it is unfair to blame animus towards the terrorists on "discrimination and racism"---they reap what they sow
Old 06-01-2017, 02:13 PM
Gold member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh

Muslims breed like rabbits so they can gradually take over cities. As far as fasting goes, don't be fooled. They fast all day then party all night.
Old 06-01-2017, 02:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredman View Post
Muslims breed like rabbits so they can gradually take over cities. As far as fasting goes, don't be fooled. They fast all day then party all night.
I've heard walk like an Egyptian and party like it's 1999-----but party like a Muslim? I guess that's just about as racist as the rest of your post

My high school graduating class on Long Island totaled 99, and 2 of them died on 9/11/01, so I have no love for jihadists----note JIHADISTS, not MUSLIMS. But to judge all Muslims by ISIS is like judging Southern Baptists by the KKK or Roman Catholics by the Spanish Inquisition or all Cambodians by Pol Pot. And " breed like rabbits so they can gradually take over cities."????? Please replace your tin foil hat-----immediately!
Old 06-01-2017, 03:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Thank you, Mrs. Robinson.
ditto, redwitch > Mrs. Robinson.
Old 06-01-2017, 03:18 PM
Sage

After 75 posts, here's my take on this:

Is there anything wrong with a newspaper article on Islam?--------NO
Do you have to read the article?--------NO
Do you have to subscribe to the paper?----NO
Do you have to like jihadists?-----NO
Do you have to like Muslims-------NO
Do you have to like Methodists-----NO

Someone compared jihadists to homophobia in the 70's----It is NOT the same thing. I don't remember any gay activists beheading people, or blowing them into pieces just because they were heterosexual.

As far as immigration from Syria/Iraq/etc. goes----
If you are a farmer, do you let a fox into the henhouse? Even if there are 100 "vegetarian foxes" for every one that thinks your hens are finger-lickin' good, you don't let it in since you cannot tell the difference until AFTER the carnage has ensued.

So to all those that advocate open borders and letting unvetted refugees into the US, would you take 5 Muslim men in their 20's into your home to live with you and your grandchildren? If so, I applaud your devotion to your principles and wish you good luck with your new "friends", odds are that you will have no problem. But if you are unwilling to do so, please don't expect the rest of the country to take the gamble that you rejected.
Old 06-01-2017, 03:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtorc View Post
One day it will happen close to us . How would you feel today if one of your children was among the dead or injured?
One day some jerk of any faith will kill some of us. How do you know who it will be?
Old 06-01-2017, 03:44 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
One day some jerk of any faith will kill some of us. How do you know who it will be?
Although it is obviously impossible to accurately predict a single seemingly random act occurring statistical analysis is valuable in predicting who it is likely to be so protective measures can be taken and an effective defense prepared.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 06-01-2017, 03:50 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
By a little thing which has been given a bad name...

Offender profiling - Wikipedia

The actual future of mankind hinges on successfully fighting this. Being overly PC is what the enemy wants from us.
Old 06-01-2017, 04:04 PM

My thoughts on this discussion are similar to my thoughts on the ongoing police brutality/shooting incidents

Are some cops bad? Yes, but that doesn't make all cops bad, which unfortunately is becoming a growing sentiment.

In this scenario, many here are labeling an entire religious group as terrorists. When an unbelievably small percentage are radicals, using the religion as a guise for world domination.

Yet I bet these same people are the ones lighting up blue lights in support of police. (Which I find nothing wrong with).

This is about much more than just fear.
Old 06-01-2017, 05:41 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
Thomas Jefferson was the first American President who stood up to Muslim terrorism. In his day it was the Barbary Coast pirates who were about as inhumane as today's Muslim terrorists. He sent the US Marines who developed and used leather collars to protect themselves from beheadings by swords during battles. Thus Marines became known as leathernecks.
The Barbary Coast pirates used cutlasses at that time. The Marines also used cutlasses. The firearms of those days were single shot pistols and rifles.

The leather collars were used as personal armor against cutlass wounds to the neck.

Leather Neck always sounded better than Gyrene or Jar Head.
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, bad, article, thoughts, ramadan

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.