Nasty, mean people !!!

Closed Thread
Old 03-03-2015, 09:05 PM
Platinum member
Default Nasty, mean people !!!

Was at Walgreens today. It was very busy since it is Tuesday, senior day with 20% off everything. Needless to say, certain specials can run out, especially during season. A popular item that was advertised in their flyer was out of stock. I had wanted the item as well, but none could be found....so, I bought the next size up and still got 20% off. A man next to me asked the sales girl where the item was. She explained that she was very sorry, but they ran out because it was an extremely busy day. This nasty, grumpy old mad started berating the young sales girl. She aplologized over and over, and he kept yelling at her. He was screaming "this is bait and switch" "you could be arrested for this". What a jerk this guy was!!! I caught up with the young sales girl later as she was telling the experience to other employees. She was so upset. I told her the guy was just a grumpy jerk and that she was very professional and did all she could.

I have said this before.....I feel so sorry for the service people that work here in The Villages. Everyday they have to deal with old grumps. Why are so many old people so nasty??
Old 03-03-2015, 09:18 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Yep. Some are so miserable things don't always go their way. My guess is he's been that way most his life. Sad to go through life that way when others have much more issues.
Old 03-03-2015, 09:19 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,772 Times in 512 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryann View Post
Was at Walgreens today. It was very busy since it is Tuesday, senior day with 20% off everything. Needless to say, certain specials can run out, especially during season. A popular item that was advertised in their flyer was out of stock. I had wanted the item as well, but none could be found....so, I bought the next size up and still got 20% off. A man next to me asked the sales girl where the item was. She explained that she was very sorry, but they ran out because it was an extremely busy day. This nasty, grumpy old mad started berating the young sales girl. She aplologized over and over, and he kept yelling at her. He was screaming "this is bait and switch" "you could be arrested for this". What a jerk this guy was!!! I caught up with the young sales girl later as she was telling the experience to other employees. She was so upset. I told her the guy was just a grumpy jerk and that she was very professional and did all she could.

I have said this before.....I feel so sorry for the service people that work here in The Villages. Everyday they have to deal with old grumps. Why are so many old people so nasty??
This.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	geezer.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	11.0 KB
ID:	48573  
Old 03-03-2015, 09:46 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
....Why are so many old people so nasty??
As another poster said, many have been that way all their lives and other have developed this attitude as they age. Most people here have great attitudes that are only helped by the lifestyle offered in The Villages. Others bring their own baggage, which can never be helped by moving here or anywhere else.
Old 03-03-2015, 09:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
Yep. Some are so miserable things don't always go their way. My guess is he's been that way most his life. Sad to go through life that way when others have much more issues.
And they are called grump buckets. They have nothing better to do than gripe.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:00 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGUY View Post
As another poster said, many have been that way all their lives and other have developed this attitude as they age. Most people here have great attitudes that are only helped by the lifestyle offered in The Villages. Others bring their own baggage, which can never be helped by moving here or anywhere else.
I agree that these types have most likely been this way their whole life. However, I disagree that most people here have great attitudes. After I left Walgreens, I went to Publix with this interaction still on my mind. I made a deliberate attempt to watch and listen to folks as they shopped. I also made a point to smile at everyone. Very few people smile or even say excuse me. Sorry, but I really do disagree that folks here are happy. I see unhappy faces. I'll keep looking for the happy people though. 😊
Old 03-03-2015, 10:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
I agree that these types have most likely been this way their whole life. However, I disagree that most people here have great attitudes. After I left Walgreens, I went to Publix with this interaction still on my mind. I made a deliberate attempt to watch and listen to folks as they shopped. I also made a point to smile at everyone. Very few people smile or even say excuse me. Sorry, but I really do disagree that folks here are happy. I see unhappy faces. I'll keep looking for the happy people though. [emoji4]

I believe that if you want to see happy faces you will. I see far more happy and pleasant people than grump buckets.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:09 PM
Sage

Quote:
I agree that these types have most likely been this way their whole life. However, I disagree that most people here have great attitudes. After I left Walgreens, I went to Publix with this interaction still on my mind. I made a deliberate attempt to watch and listen to folks as they shopped. I also made a point to smile at everyone. Very few people smile or even say excuse me. Sorry, but I really do disagree that folks here are happy. I see unhappy faces. I'll keep looking for the happy people though. 😊
If it was the Colony Publix, and it was as crowded as usual, that would explain the lack of smiling faces.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Has hell frozen over? Who could be grumpy down here in the sunshine and 70s when it's so blasted cold everywhere else? Something inherently wrong with these complainers.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Has hell frozen over? Who could be grumpy down here in the sunshine and 70s when it's so blasted cold everywhere else? Something inherently wrong with these complainers.

What she said.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:20 PM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW

I am sorry this hppened to this young girl. I think you handled it beautifully. The one thing I would like to point out is that this is one nasty jerk among many, many beautiful people. We don't tend to post about all the people who have been very lovely to us, like Gracie, for instance but I am sure everyone has met many more nice people than nasty. I know I have. Smile

When God made me he said Ta Da!
Old 03-03-2015, 10:36 PM
Gold member

Shopping is competitive. I would not judge people by their behavior in crowded stores.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzy View Post
Shopping is competitive. I would not judge people by their behavior in crowded stores.
I’m not so sure I agree. I think one’s behavior in a crowded store - whether polite or nasty - speaks volumes about them.
Old 03-03-2015, 11:11 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzy View Post
I disagree. It's not like the old grouches have to get the kids ready and taken to school or daycare so they can get to work by 8:00 a.m. They've got ALL DAY AND EVENING, all 7 days of the week to go to the store during less crowded hours like afternoons and evenings.

I try to bolster the worker's morale however possible when I see a poisonous old coot treat them like dirt. Sometimes it's so bad I've sought out a manager to tell them what I saw--that the worker did the right thing but was verbally abused by the customer. And sometimes, the manager doesn't really care. I pity the workers. Been there, done that, and will never forget what it's like on the job where snotty customers think they rule and then demand you be fired because THEY were creeps.
Old 03-03-2015, 11:30 PM
Platinum member
Exclamation

How important is any "STUFF" we want to buy that would cause
you act nasty to anyone?

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.