Nasty Senior Villagers

Closed Thread
Old 02-20-2015, 07:29 PM
Default Nasty Senior Villagers

The way some "seniors" act in the Villages is disgusting! I was in Beall's Outlet in Colony Plaza Monday and wanted to try a few things on. Some older lady, who acted like she was better then everyone else, came out of the dressing room with nothing in her hands! Why was she in there if she was not trying anything on? Oh yea, she was. She left it all in the room, all over the bench, on the floor and did not put anything back on a hanger. Seriously...... There was nowhere for me to hang my stuff. Why do some old ladies in the Villages think they are better then everyone? Weren't you raised better then that? Just remember this, Carma is a BI#@H and it's going to get you one day. Find your RESPECT for others. You may think you know your future but....you may need a job one day. I hope it's soon.
Old 02-20-2015, 07:34 PM
Gold member

Was she wearing a sign that said, "I am a Villager?"
Old 02-20-2015, 07:45 PM
Gold member

I was thinking the same thing. How did you know she was a "Villager"?
Old 02-20-2015, 07:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Do you think that only seniors in The Villages act like this? Do you think only seniors act like this? Dp you think that only Villagers act like this?

There are rude obnoxious people in all age groups in every corner of the world. This is not a problem limited to seniors or Villagers.

As to why some people act like this, I have no idea and I don't know that anyone does. I don't spend a lot of time worrying about it. I just accept the fact that there are people that don't always act as they should. It is annoying to the rest of us, but it's simply a fact of life. The only way to avoid it woul dbe to move to remote corner of the world where there are no other people.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 02-20-2015, 07:56 PM

My wife and I refer to people like this as "the special people". They don't have to adher to the same norms as the rest of us. And, of course, they don't have to rake sand traps.
Old 02-20-2015, 08:45 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clekr View Post
My wife and I refer to people like this as "the special people". They don't have to adher to the same norms as the rest of us. And, of course, they don't have to rake sand traps.
Another bad habit of the special people is to park their Mercedes, BMW, Jaguar (name any high end luxury car or SUV) right next to the curb in front of a shopping center store, instead of out in the parking lot with us commoners. Their time is just too important to have to walk that far, and heaven forbid they be made to break a sweat in the heat. How silly of us to think the no parking, fire lane signs would be meant for them. After all, they're special.

east central Illinois, St. Louis, Baton Rouge, Houston, Atlanta, Birmingham, AL
Old 02-20-2015, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenoa View Post
Another bad habit of the special people is to park their Mercedes, BMW, Jaguar (name any high end luxury car or SUV) right next to the curb in front of a shopping center store, instead of out in the parking lot with us commoners. Their time is just too important to have to walk that far, and heaven forbid they be made to break a sweat in the heat. How silly of us to think the no parking, fire lane signs would be meant for them. After all, they're special.
I've seen junkers parked there too!
Old 02-20-2015, 09:38 PM
Gold member

The one thing that still surprises and disappoints me here is the lack of courtesy to pedestrians in the shopping center parking lots.

News Flash!!! A pedestrian has the RIGHT OF WAY!

I can't count the number of times I have watched drivers (both cars and carts) fail to yield to the little old lady carrying groceries. Even in the rain. It is the same "me first" mentality mentioned above.

A little kindness goes a long way. So what if you have to stop a couple of times before you reach the end of the parking lot. It is not a race!! A little consideration goes a long way in making life less frustrating for all.

OK! I'll get off my soap box. I just had to vent! Whew...I feel better...Thanks!
Old 02-20-2015, 09:39 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

My recent encounter with the 'nasty senior villager' was the woman who very shrilly yelled at my husband for using her driveway for a 'K' turn when leaving a neighboring garage sale. I was polite and apologized to the nasty one; and explained it's just the Jersey in us and we were pleased to FINALLY meet one of the mean villagers we had only heard about until then.

The woman described by the OP might and might not have been a villages resident - but - for sure, she is simply a slob and thinks she is one of the entitled. I wonder if she is the same woman who cut me off at the cashier in Michaels...hmmmm...........

Old 02-20-2015, 09:44 PM
Sage

I expect my 11 year old granddaughter to have the attitude of, "it's all about me". Somehow, I find this a very unattractive trait, in seniors. Some people never grow up and will always have a sense of entitlement!!!!

I usually walk away from people like this as I don't let them rent space in my head!!!

They are not worth knowing!!!

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 02-20-2015, 10:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,558 Times in 507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti105 View Post
The one thing that still surprises and disappoints me here is the lack of courtesy to pedestrians in the shopping center parking lots.

News Flash!!! A pedestrian has the RIGHT OF WAY!

I can't count the number of times I have watched drivers (both cars and carts) fail to yield to the little old lady carrying groceries. Even in the rain. It is the same "me first" mentality mentioned above.

A little kindness goes a long way. So what if you have to stop a couple of times before you reach the end of the parking lot. It is not a race!! A little consideration goes a long way in making life less frustrating for all.

OK! I'll get off my soap box. I just had to vent! Whew...I feel better...Thanks!
Dotti105, I know pedestrians have the right of way, but there are a lot of IDIOT DRIVERS everywhere (not just in TV) that don't. I will not walk out in front of a vehicle anymore since I nearly got rolled up on a hood of a car in front of our local grocery store in KC last September. I'm now like a cart crossing the street at a gate and a driver waving me on - not gonna do it.
Old 02-21-2015, 12:09 AM
Veteran member

People of all ages and all locations incumbent the group you complaining about. I see no reason to single out seniors or Villagers for that matter.
Old 02-21-2015, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenoa View Post
Whoa .... I have seen every make and model car, as well as golf carts parked illegally in front of a shopping center store. . . when there were legal parking spaces just a few steps away. Your inference is misguided.
Old 02-21-2015, 02:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Some forget there mama does not live here to clean up there mess, who ever they may be
Old 02-21-2015, 07:18 AM
Sage
Default Perhaps it was her Karma to aggravate folks

Last edited by senior citizen; 05-26-2015 at 07:19 PM.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.