Nasty Senior Villagers

Closed Thread
Old 02-21-2015, 07:32 AM
Location: Village of Hillsborough. (Past) Gilbertsvile, PA and Philadelphia, PA

We call these people "PVs". Pushy Villagers
Old 02-21-2015, 07:45 AM
Soaring Eagle member

There's a group on Facebook called Leesburg, Fl What's Happening Now. there are posts where people from Leesburg recount stories about Villagers and seniors in general, i.e. the bad driving habits, pushiness, rude behavior. Its pretty embarrassing, because we all know that behavior exists. Of course, not all of us are like that, and you hate to see everyone judged by the actions of a few, but the behavior is so prevalent, its hard to escape scrutiny.
Old 02-21-2015, 07:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

[///

Last edited by graciegirl; 02-21-2015 at 08:59 AM.
Old 02-21-2015, 07:52 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnschuler View Post
The way some "seniors" act in the Villages is disgusting! I was in Beall's Outlet in Colony Plaza Monday and wanted to try a few things on. Some older lady, who acted like she was better then everyone else, came out of the dressing room with nothing in her hands! Why was she in there if she was not trying anything on? Oh yea, she was. She left it all in the room, all over the bench, on the floor and did not put anything back on a hanger. Seriously...... There was nowhere for me to hang my stuff. Why do some old ladies in the Villages think they are better then everyone? Weren't you raised better then that? Just remember this, Carma is a BI#@H and it's going to get you one day. Find your RESPECT for others. You may think you know your future but....you may need a job one day. I hope it's soon.
Well that does it for me. I am leaving today.

Chloe
&
Lulu
Old 02-21-2015, 07:56 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
Well that does it for me. I am leaving today.

Safe travels and stay warm!
Old 02-21-2015, 08:07 AM
Platinum member

Chloe
&
Lulu
Old 02-21-2015, 08:28 AM
Platinum member

Chloe
&
Lulu
Old 02-21-2015, 08:37 AM
Veteran member

For every nasty one there is a sweetheart! Take the guy named Terry that works as a cashier at the Winn-Dixie on Burnsed Boulevard. He is a Villager and just the nicest man; unfailingly friendly and polite to every single customer.

Even the young ones from Wildwood.

Wanda
Village of Collier

Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before. ~Mae West

Old 02-21-2015, 08:39 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,034 Times in 364 Posts

Why do so many take as fact what the OP stated? Shouldn't we question the statement clothes were all over the floor and chair, yet there wasn't any room to hang her clothes up? And what was the "you may need a job someday" statement all about? Could be this really happened, and then again maybe not. I waiting on the OP's review of a local restaurant.
Old 02-21-2015, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti105 View Post
The one thing that still surprises and disappoints me here is the lack of courtesy to pedestrians in the shopping center parking lots.

News Flash!!! A pedestrian has the RIGHT OF WAY!

I can't count the number of times I have watched drivers (both cars and carts) fail to yield to the little old lady carrying groceries. Even in the rain. It is the same "me first" mentality mentioned above.

A little kindness goes a long way. So what if you have to stop a couple of times before you reach the end of the parking lot. It is not a race!! A little consideration goes a long way in making life less frustrating for all.

OK! I'll get off my soap box. I just had to vent! Whew...I feel better...Thanks!
You know I always feel better for letting a person who is walking know that they can take their time. Selfish I know but boy that kind of feeling good can go a long way in my day, as can a smile.
Old 02-21-2015, 08:53 AM

Probably the same person who left a large package of meat lay in the wine section at Sam's Club and had to made a difficult decision, food or booze.
Old 02-21-2015, 08:53 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragman View Post
I've seen junkers parked there too!
My pet parking peeve:

cars parked in the (very few) golf cart slots at Aldi and Lowes

can't the driver see that it's a bit narrow?
Old 02-21-2015, 08:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandatime View Post
For every nasty one there is a sweetheart! Take the guy named Terry that works as a cashier at the Winn-Dixie on Burnsed Boulevard. He is a Villager and just the nicest man; unfailingly friendly and polite to every single customer.

Even the young ones from Wildwood.
I hate to disagree, Wanda, but for everyone nasty one there are probably 100 sweethearts. That's been my experience here anyway.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 02-21-2015, 09:04 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
I hate to disagree, Wanda, but for everyone nasty one there are probably 100 sweethearts. That's been my experience here anyway.
Good point.
Suffering from TV envy
Old 02-21-2015, 09:08 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnschuler View Post
The way some "seniors" act in the Villages is disgusting! I was in Beall's Outlet in Colony Plaza Monday and wanted to try a few things on. Some older lady, who acted like she was better then everyone else, came out of the dressing room with nothing in her hands! Why was she in there if she was not trying anything on? Oh yea, she was. She left it all in the room, all over the bench, on the floor and did not put anything back on a hanger. Seriously...... There was nowhere for me to hang my stuff. Why do some old ladies in the Villages think they are better then everyone? Weren't you raised better then that? Just remember this, Carma is a BI#@H and it's going to get you one day. Find your RESPECT for others. You may think you know your future but....you may need a job one day. I hope it's soon.
I have found an expression that has served me well for most of my life. "Those people who are hardest to love usually need love the most."
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.