Nasty Senior Villagers

Closed Thread
Old 02-21-2015, 09:08 AM

Everybody thinks there way is the right way...
Old 02-21-2015, 09:13 AM
Platinum member

Reminds me of a recent incident at Publix in Colony. Waited online to get some fresh fish and was the next to be served. Woman cut in front of me and was about to ask for her order. I said "excuse me but there's a line". She replied "I only want a few fillets". To which I replied "and I only want a half a pound of shrimp - get on line". She moved but was highly annoyed. The man behind me was hysterical and said he couldn't believe the behavior of many Villagers. Some are truly obnoxious.
Old 02-21-2015, 09:19 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrjojo View Post
I have found an expression that has served me well for most of my life. "Those people who are hardest to love usually need love the most."

Well said. This is always worth remembering. It's tough to do that though when you come across a real winner.
Old 02-21-2015, 09:21 AM
Sage

I love you all
Old 02-21-2015, 09:34 AM
Veteran member

No one should throw clothes on the floor, but many (most?) stores prefer that you leave unwanted clothes in the dressing room or in a cart/rack outside the dressing room so that the employees can hang/fold them properly and return them to the correct location. It's a lot less work for the employees than having to run around the store straightening, rehanging and moving clothes. Also, the clothes in the dressing room could have been left by several different people, not just the one lady.

I agree with bagboy, what was with the job comment? Hoping that someone needs a job soon infers a wish that financial hardship falls on the lady. I think thoughts like that would put someone much higher on the "nasty senior" and "bad Karma" list than someone who leaves clothes in a dressing room.
Old 02-21-2015, 09:51 AM
Platinum member

I don't think the poster was wishing financial hardships on anyone. I think she was trying to say that this woman had left the fitting room a shambles and a working person had to clean up after her.
Old 02-21-2015, 10:04 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeM View Post
I don't think the poster was wishing financial hardships on anyone. I think she was trying to say that this woman had left the fitting room a shambles and a working person had to clean up after her.
Here is what she said: "You may think you know your future but....you may need a job one day. I hope it's soon."

The "I hope it's soon" line is what bothered me. Additionally, unless she saw the woman carry all of those clothes in, she doesn't know who left the dressing room in a shambles. And unless she picked up all of those clothes, the next person in line may have been thinking the same thoughts about her.
Old 02-21-2015, 10:15 AM

I agree with one of the posters...everyone doesn't grow up.
Why should we feel bad because they are thoughless and immature... Let's instead catch someone else doing good when we happen upon one of these others and share that on TOV and we will all feel a little better about the world and ourselves. Time is short.
Old 02-21-2015, 10:16 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
.... for everyone nasty one there are probably 100 sweethearts ...
The Villages is full of wonderful people with a few grump buckets in the mix.
Old 02-21-2015, 10:23 AM
Platinum member

Sadly for every decent act there are at least two nasty acts. I don't think it's a matter of feeling bad-it's more a matter of shaking one's head in disbelief.
Old 02-21-2015, 10:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeM View Post
Sadly for every decent act there are at least two nasty acts. I don't think it's a matter of feeling bad-it's more a matter of shaking one's head in disbelief.

I don't see things here like that at all.

I am still absorbing what Perrjojo said.

"People who need love most, act the most unlovable."

Very good words, VERY GOOD WORDS.

And what Bogie Shooter often says "Patience, Grasshopper.

Also very good words.
Old 02-21-2015, 10:28 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey100 View Post
There's a group on Facebook called Leesburg, Fl What's Happening Now. there are posts where people from Leesburg recount stories about Villagers and seniors in general, i.e. the bad driving habits, pushiness, rude behavior. Its pretty embarrassing, because we all know that behavior exists. Of course, not all of us are like that, and you hate to see everyone judged by the actions of a few, but the behavior is so prevalent, its hard to escape scrutiny.
Folks if you have time go back and take your time re-reading these posts. Perhaps you will see what I see perhaps not?

In my personal view this sort of dialogue mimicks those reality shows. Are we that so well off that we have become like the idle rich of bygone days.?

Unfortunately for most of us it takes a real life personal crisis to remember what is important in life.....like dog poop lying at the mail drop
Old 02-21-2015, 10:35 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via Yahoo to MelZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenoa View Post
Another bad habit of the special people is to park their Mercedes, BMW, Jaguar (name any high end luxury car or SUV) right next to the curb in front of a shopping center store, instead of out in the parking lot with us commoners. Their time is just too important to have to walk that far, and heaven forbid they be made to break a sweat in the heat. How silly of us to think the no parking, fire lane signs would be meant for them. After all, they're special.
And I bet you never see a Kia, Ford or Chevy do it? Not just high end cars do it, sounds like car envy to me.
Old 02-21-2015, 10:48 AM
Gold member

our code for the selfish and ugly behavior we occasionally see, is RDNA The Rules Do Not Apply........
Old 02-21-2015, 10:55 AM
Location: The Villages (previous: Kittery & Eliot Maine, Portsmouth & Barrington NH, Uncasville CT)

Last year we traveled by car, boat and air for about 4 months. Basically people are the same everywhere we went. The nice people outweighed the rude people. I am sure the rude, pushy people here in the Villages were just the same wherever they came from. Its the way they are and probably the way they were raised and I don't think they even realize it. Sometimes I read posts and it sounds like The Villages is blamed for making them this way or that the only place they are is in The Villages. Life is too short to let the few bother me.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.