Nasty Senior Villagers

Closed Thread
Old 02-21-2015, 04:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeM View Post
Sadly for every decent act there are at least two nasty acts...
You really believe that?!?
Old 02-21-2015, 05:28 PM
Platinum member

I'm afraid I do. I've seen so much nasty. Yes I've seen some nice . I won't argue that. But I have seen quite a bit of nasty, judgmental, self-absorbed and entitled folks as well.I realize that people are who they are and didn't change from when they moved from more than likely. Just seems as if the concentration of nastier is more condensed.
Old 02-21-2015, 05:38 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeM View Post
Sadly for every decent act there are at least two nasty acts. I don't think it's a matter of feeling bad-it's more a matter of shaking one's head in disbelief.
I've been here 15 years. I have met so many great caring people. Once in awhile one of those nasty ones shows up but thank goodness they a very few and far between.
Old 02-21-2015, 05:52 PM
Sage

Ever notice that you never [RARELY?] run into nasty people on the golf course. I've played with over 1,000 people and maybe met 3.

My theory is that the game itself is not appealing to entitled people who take advantage of others and don't let down their guard.

With golf your opponent is yourself and the course with no one to blame and nowhere to hide. If you don't have a sense of humor and humility, you won't last.

If you never saw Robin Williams talk about how golf began, this will be a treat.

click here WARNING: THIS IS NOT FOR CHILDREN OR THOSE PEOPLE WHO OBJECT TO FOUL LANGUAGE
Old 02-21-2015, 06:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
Ever notice that you never [RARELY?] run into nasty people on the golf course. I've played with over 1,000 people and maybe met 3.

My theory is that the game itself is not appealing to entitled people who take advantage of others and don't let down their guard.

With golf your opponent is yourself and the course with no one to blame and nowhere to hide. If you don't have a sense of humor and humility, you won't last.

If you never saw Robin Williams talk about how golf began, this will be a treat.

click here WARNING: THIS IS NOT FOR CHILDREN OR THOSE PEOPLE WHO OBJECT TO FOUL LANGUAGE
Tom - I'm sorry but I keep running into foursomes, especially ladies (term used loosely) who feel the job of raking the traps belongs to the rangers (ok, ambassadors). After all, they have to pay to golf on the championship courses.

I hope the true ladies will forgive me.
Old 02-21-2015, 06:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

This post has the makings of a dog poop, roundabout or bicycles type of discussion.
Old 02-21-2015, 07:09 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
Tom - I'm sorry but I keep running into foursomes, especially ladies (term used loosely) who feel the job of raking the traps belongs to the rangers (ok, ambassadors). After all, they have to pay to golf on the championship courses.

I only play the execs for now. I'm usually on the tee talking with the people I'm playing with and don't notice who is raking and who isn't. Besides, lift, clean and place if you feel that you are unjustly being handicapped by others. When I officiated that's how I would rule an unfair lie.
Old 02-21-2015, 07:52 PM
Sage

Just today, while going out of the Sanibel gait, I encountered a rude villager. it was later in the day and not much traffic on Pinellas. At the time, I was following two other cars with no other car visible behind me. There was a golf cart waiting to cross from one side of Morse to the other. I followed behind the car ahead of me to go through the Gait. As I approached the gait, I noticed the golf cart driver throwing his arms up in the air and yelling at me. He thought I should have stopped to let him cross. If I'm correct, I believe carts have to yield to cars when crossing. I am a very considerate driver and I so want to stop to let carts cross but I'm so afraid I'll cause an accident somehow. I don't want to be responsible for someone getting hit. That cart driver must have felt pretty entitled at that point. I was just going to run an errand and felt bad that someone would fly off the handle like that when I did nothing wrong. So yes, this villager was rude.
Old 02-21-2015, 07:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
This post has the makings of a dog poop, roundabout or bicycles type of discussion.
Amen. I quit!
Old 02-21-2015, 08:25 PM
Platinum member

I don' t know why, but from my observations it is much easier to be rude and nasty than nice...
Old 02-21-2015, 09:24 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post

I see an awful lot of size 12 or so footprints in the bunkers, just saying.....
Old 02-21-2015, 09:38 PM
Sage
Default Nasty Senior Villagers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
I see an awful lot of size 12 or so footprints in the bunkers, just saying.....

A person wiser than I encourages me to say:
Goodnight Gracie!
Old 02-21-2015, 09:42 PM
Sage

Happinow, of course you did the right thing.

To another point, rude behavior isn't practiced only by Villagers. I was in the airport van and this woman from Stonecrest was extremely unhappy that the driver wouldn't take her home first. After all, she'd had a long and tiring day flying from Chicago.
Old 02-21-2015, 09:46 PM
Sage

I run into rude people all the time. Sometimes I back up and apologise.
Old 02-21-2015, 10:50 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelZ View Post
And I bet you never see a Kia, Ford or Chevy do it? Not just high end cars do it, sounds like car envy to me.
Honestly, I rarely see any of the cars you mention, 99.9% of the time it's a late model luxury, but perhaps I just don't notice the others. Car envy?? LOL, don't think so. I wouldn't trade my like-new '04 C5 for any other.....except maybe a '15 Z06.

east central Illinois, St. Louis, Baton Rouge, Houston, Atlanta, Birmingham, AL
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.