Nasty Senior Villagers

Closed Thread
Old 02-22-2015, 05:56 AM
Gold member

Then to think about all the kind, considerate, "Happy Go Lucky" Villagers!!!!!: coolsmiley:
Old 02-22-2015, 07:33 AM

I have always found that the people here are the ultimate in nice. I, for one, feel joyous just being at this stage of life. I was a teacher, and now and then I would have parents with a chip on their shoulders. My strategy was, " Kill them with kindness." Always helps!
Old 02-22-2015, 07:44 AM
Veteran member

I have gotten to the point that thats the way they behave so am rude people dont know they are behaving bad so why shouls I care.
Old 02-22-2015, 07:45 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [FONT="Comic Sans MS"
[/FONT] I wouldn't trade my like-new '04 C5 for any other.....except maybe a '15 Z06.
I wouldn't trade my 03 'BLACK BEAUTY"

eitherStep 11..'and when you're wrong promptly admit IT!
Old 02-22-2015, 08:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

There are many people who live here, maybe just moved here, maybe for twenty years, who love almost everything about The Villages. They like the lifestyle, they like living with their peers, (grown up and pretty savvy people and people who have planned for retirement) they like the way this place is run, they like the price, they like the climate and the opportunity to do a lot of things and interact with a lot of people who become social or REAL friends if they "click".

They identify with this place and it becomes their home. It is comfortable to them, and when they leave for awhile, they look forward to coming back. It works for them. They have enough people skills, enough money, enough wisdom to make a new start in a place quite a bit different from where they grew up.

This place is growing faster than any place any of you have ever lived before and it is NOT run like any place you have lived before. It is not a typical government, and for many they find it surprisingly better, but some folks want to tweek and change what I find is almost perfection. Maybe it would be better to have elected officials like back home, but maybe it wouldn't.

In January, February and March of every year that I have been here we have a lot of conflict on this forum, a lot of criticism, a lot of nastiness as people will make statements and others dispute them or correct them.

There are a lot of people during this time of year who make statements about The Villages, it's people, the processes, the ways things are done that are incorrect. Those of us who have lived here for awhile try to quell rumors and provide correct information. We have a vested interest in this place, financially and emotionally. We still have folks who we love and want to join us here who are reading this forum. We are proud villagers and it just plain annoys the heck out of us to hear someone spout off things that aren't true, aren't typical, and only sometimes happen.

I have had people say that I work for the developer. I went to a party once and met a new person who told me that the developer bought my house for me. WHICH MADE THIS OLD LADY WHO IS MARRIED TO AN OLD MAN WHO HAS WORKED HARD for things all of their lives very mad and hurt.

Some of us aren't trying to be mean. We are trying to just set things straight. In my case it may be an obsession, but no one pays me for it.

Some of us have received some really nasty PMs. I will still stand up for my home town, I will still fight age bias and I will still annoy some of you, but not on purpose.

It IS mostly just this time of year, a lot of people who are skeptical, like I was when I first came here, and they are thinking...alright...what's the catch? The catch is that there isn't any.

Last edited by graciegirl; 02-22-2015 at 09:09 AM.
Old 02-22-2015, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
A person wiser than I encourages me to say:
Goodnight Gracie!
Old 02-22-2015, 09:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
There are many people who live here, maybe just moved here, maybe for twenty years, who love almost everything about The Villages. They like the lifestyle, they like living with their peers, (grown up and pretty savvy people and people who have planned for retirement) they like the way this place is run, they like the price, they like the climate and the opportunity to do a lot of things and interact with a lot of people who become social or REAL friends if they "click".

They identify with this place and it becomes their home. It is comfortable to them, and when they leave for awhile, they look forward to coming back. It works for them. They have enough people skills, enough money, enough wisdom to make a new start in a place quite a bit different from where they grew up.

This place is growing faster than any place any of you have ever lived before and it is NOT run like any place you have lived before. It is not a typical government, and for many they find it surprisingly better, but some folks want to tweek and change what I find is almost perfection. Maybe it would be better to have elected officials like back home, but maybe it wouldn't.

In January, February and March of every year that I have been here we have a lot of conflict on this forum, a lot of criticism, a lot of nastiness as people will make statements and others dispute them or correct them.

There are a lot of people during this time of year who make statements about The Villages, it's people, the processes, the ways things are done that are incorrect. Those of us who have lived here for awhile try to quell rumors and provide correct information. We have a vested interest in this place, financially and emotionally. We still have folks who we love and want to join us here who are reading this forum. We are proud villagers and it just plain annoys the heck out of us to hear someone spout off things that aren't true, aren't typical, and only sometimes happen.

I have had people say that I work for the developer. I went to a party once and met a new person who told me that the developer bought my house for me. WHICH MADE THIS OLD LADY WHO IS MARRIED TO AN OLD MAN WHO HAS WORKED HARD for things all of their lives very mad and hurt.

Some of us aren't trying to be mean. We are trying to just set things straight. In my case it may be an obsession, but no one pays me for it.

Some of us have received some really nasty PMs. I will still stand up for my home town, I will still fight age bias and I will still annoy some of you, but not on purpose.

It IS mostly just this time of year, a lot of people who are skeptical, like I was when I first came here, and they are thinking...alright...what's the catch? The catch is that there isn't any.

THIS is a bump over Ziggie. And DBussone is my FRIEND.

Last edited by graciegirl; 02-22-2015 at 10:06 AM.
Old 02-22-2015, 10:51 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffysmom View Post
(snipped) ... acts of true kindness far exceed random nasty situations, at least in my world.

We live in The Villages, and we basically all live similar lives.
One poster said "sadly for every decent act, there are at least two nasty acts".
Yet some residents perceive goodness, beauty and true kindness.
Could it be our approach and attitude, rather than what is actually happening?
Old 02-22-2015, 11:01 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post

We live in The Villages, and we basically all live similar lives.
One poster said "sadly for every decent act, there are at least two nasty acts".
Yet some residents perceive goodness, beauty and true kindness.
Could it be our approach and attitude, rather than what is actually happening?
You betcha! I have been amazed at how two people can view an event and see it through entirely different lenses.

If you look for meanness and evil, you'll find it.

If you look for goodness and light, you'll find that too.

I am a realist, but like to err on the side of optimism. As a bonus, I've found I have much fewer wrinkles than my angry acquaintances.

Wanda
Village of Collier

Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before. ~Mae West

Old 02-22-2015, 11:09 AM

There are lots of optimists in TV. I saw a whole bunch of them yesterday, driving right up to the square at LSL thinking they would all find parking places there for the art/craft show.

Meanwhile, we bailed early in the line and parked at the medical offices.

Jaded Laurie
Old 02-22-2015, 11:13 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurie2 View Post
There are lots of optimists in TV. I saw a whole bunch of them yesterday, driving right up to the square at LSL thinking they would all find parking places there for the art/craft show.
I've seen a few of those optimists.
The ones that show up at 6 PM expecting to get a front-row seat when Rocky and the Rollers are playing at a Town Square.
Old 02-22-2015, 11:14 AM
Veteran member

LOL -- are they optimists or idiots?

Wanda
Village of Collier

Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before. ~Mae West

Old 02-22-2015, 10:12 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandatime View Post
You betcha! I have been amazed at how two people can view an event and see it through entirely different lenses.

If you look for meanness and evil, you'll find it.

If you look for goodness and light, you'll find that too.

I am a realist, but like to err on the side of optimism. As a bonus, I've found I have much fewer wrinkles than my angry acquaintances.
I so agree !!
Old 02-23-2015, 12:00 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I've seen a few of those optimists.
The ones that show up at 6 PM expecting to get a front-row seat when Rocky and the Rollers are playing at a Town Square.
Don't you love when they show up with their chairs as the show starts and set up in front? There's another word for them... I don't think it's optimists...

Slaughter on 10th Avenue (and more) -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMo6w...gbuFRTT06nS9pn
Old 02-23-2015, 12:12 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt. View Post
Don't you love when they show up with their chairs as the show starts and set up in front? There's another word for them... I don't think it's optimists...
From the webcam, it looked like that happened tonight at Paddock Square.
In spite of that, it looked like everyone was enjoying the wonderful warm evening and a great band!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.