Nasty Senior Villagers

Closed Thread
Old 02-21-2015, 11:02 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeM View Post
Reminds me of a recent incident at Publix in Colony. Waited online to get some fresh fish and was the next to be served. Woman cut in front of me and was about to ask for her order. I said "excuse me but there's a line". She replied "I only want a few fillets". To which I replied "and I only want a half a pound of shrimp - get on line". She moved but was highly annoyed. The man behind me was hysterical and said he couldn't believe the behavior of many Villagers. Some are truly obnoxious.
I had an equally funny experience at Colony Publix. I was in the bakery and I walked up with a 6 pack of hamburger buns and ask the lady behind the counter to just give me 2 from the package and when I turned around I realized that there were 2 men waiting. I appologized and said, "Oh, these gentlemen were ahead of me." To which the bakery clerk said that they had already been waited on. I stepped back to wait for her to repackage my buns when one of the men waiting for his order said, "I know you aren't from Brooklyn!" I chuckled and said, "No I'm not." A few seconds lapsed and I asked him where he was from. He replied, "Brooklyn". So it must be true. There are rude people everywhere and they all visit The Villages
Old 02-21-2015, 11:09 AM
Gold member

The meek will inherit the Earth.....after it is used up and the bold leave it for greener pastures.
Old 02-21-2015, 11:29 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

Old People............what r u going 2 do with them??
Old 02-21-2015, 11:31 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnschuler View Post
The way some "seniors" act in the Villages is disgusting! I was in Beall's Outlet in Colony Plaza Monday and wanted to try a few things on. Some older lady, who acted like she was better then everyone else, came out of the dressing room with nothing in her hands! Why was she in there if she was not trying anything on? Oh yea, she was. She left it all in the room, all over the bench, on the floor and did not put anything back on a hanger. Seriously...... There was nowhere for me to hang my stuff. Why do some old ladies in the Villages think they are better then everyone? Weren't you raised better then that? Just remember this, Carma is a BI#@H and it's going to get you one day. Find your RESPECT for others. You may think you know your future but....you may need a job one day. I hope it's soon.
If that person, maybe Villager, maybe not, left the clothes all over the bench and the floor, I would think you had plenty of room to hang your stuff because the hooks would have been empty.
Old 02-21-2015, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
My recent encounter with the 'nasty senior villager' was the woman who very shrilly yelled at my husband for using her driveway for a 'K' turn when leaving a neighboring garage sale. I was polite and apologized to the nasty one; and explained it's just the Jersey in us and we were pleased to FINALLY meet one of the mean villagers we had only heard about until then.

The woman described by the OP might and might not have been a villages resident - but - for sure, she is simply a slob and thinks she is one of the entitled. I wonder if she is the same woman who cut me off at the cashier in Michaels...hmmmm...........
Boy, that can temporarily spoil your day. I need to ask you what is a "k" turn? Thanks.
Old 02-21-2015, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
[///
Uh Oh
Old 02-21-2015, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey100 View Post
There's a group on Facebook called Leesburg, Fl What's Happening Now. there are posts where people from Leesburg recount stories about Villagers and seniors in general, i.e. the bad driving habits, pushiness, rude behavior. Its pretty embarrassing, because we all know that behavior exists. Of course, not all of us are like that, and you hate to see everyone judged by the actions of a few, but the behavior is so prevalent, its hard to escape scrutiny.
Perhaps they should stay in Leesburg where they are safe.
Old 02-21-2015, 11:47 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loudoll View Post
Boy, that can temporarily spoil your day. I need to ask you what is a "k" turn? Thanks.
It's the one in between a "J" turn and an "L" turn. Although they are not nearly as popular.
Old 02-21-2015, 11:54 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey100 View Post
There's a group on Facebook called Leesburg, Fl What's Happening Now. there are posts where people from Leesburg recount stories about Villagers and seniors in general, i.e. the bad driving habits, pushiness, rude behavior. Its pretty embarrassing, because we all know that behavior exists. Of course, not all of us are like that, and you hate to see everyone judged by the actions of a few, but the behavior is so prevalent, its hard to escape scrutiny.
Can I get to read that Facebook thread without have a Facebook account? Can you give me a link to lurk there? I think I would enjoy it.
Old 02-21-2015, 11:55 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
Can I get to read that Facebook thread without have a Facebook account? Can you give me a link to lurk there? I think I would enjoy it.
No it's a closed group. You have to ask to join.
Old 02-21-2015, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
It's the one in between a "J" turn and an "L" turn. Although they are not nearly as popular.
Old 02-21-2015, 12:51 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Perhaps the senior tried on one item, hung it on a hanger in the dressing room and exited. Why assume everything in the dressing room was her making? The OP assumed the worst possible scenario of this woman. Sounds like the OP has a chip on their shoulder or just looks for problems.
Old 02-21-2015, 02:37 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Sadly for every decent act there are at least two nasty acts. I don't think it's a matter of feeling bad-it's more a matter of shaking one's head in disbelief.
Do we live in the same community? Yes, there are rude people but in my world there are far more kind, loving people than nasty ones. When I'm out and about I've witnessed people rushing to help people in distress and I feel blessed to live among these kind "old" people. Recently I witnessed a man trip and fall, by the time the paramedics came they had to ask people to step aside because so many people were tending to the man and his upset wife. The love and care given to lost and abandoned pets here in the Villages is phenomenal.
I'll stop here but acts of true kindness far exceed random nasty situations, at least in my world.
Old 02-21-2015, 02:39 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,034 Times in 364 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw View Post
Perhaps the senior tried on one item, hung it on a hanger in the dressing room and exited. Why assume everything in the dressing room was her making? The OP assumed the worst possible scenario of this woman. Sounds like the OP has a chip on their shoulder or just looks for problems.
Absolutely !!!
Old 02-21-2015, 03:21 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Sadly for every decent act there are at least two nasty acts. I don't think it's a matter of feeling bad-it's more a matter of shaking one's head in disbelief.
I agree. If nasty acts are what one is looking for, nasty acts are what one will see. I prefer to try and bring out the best in people when I can. It is said that you get back the same energy you put out.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.