Nasty Senior Villagers

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #91  
Old 02-23-2015, 12:26 AM
Walt.'s Avatar
Walt. Walt. is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bronx, Brooklyn, Yonkers, Miami, The Villages.
Posts: 499
Thanks: 5
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
From the webcam, it looked like that happened tonight at Paddock Square.
In spite of that, it looked like everyone was enjoying the wonderful warm evening and a great band!
That's exactly right. We got there too late to find any seats and were leaving when we saw those "very special" people start setting up in front. Boy, it sure filled up early. We were there for their last show there and got great seats. Between all the new folks and the season... what a crowd!
__________________


Slaughter on 10th Avenue (and more) -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMo6w...gbuFRTT06nS9pn

State holding your money? Find out now.
Florida: http://www.fltreasurehunt.org/index.jsp
Other States: http://www.missingmoney.com/Main/StateSites.cfm
  #92  
Old 02-23-2015, 12:57 AM
tippyclubb's Avatar
tippyclubb tippyclubb is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: N/A
Posts: 876
Thanks: 40
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
From the webcam, it looked like that happened tonight at Paddock Square.
In spite of that, it looked like everyone was enjoying the wonderful warm evening and a great band!
It was our first time seeing Rocky & The Rollers. All we wanted to do was have fun, and we had a ball. Yes, people had chairs roped off, and ran across a few rude people. We refused to let those minor incidents ruin our night.
__________________
Laughter is medicine for the soul.
  #93  
Old 02-23-2015, 08:26 AM
Codysmom Codysmom is offline
Member
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Village of Charlotte
Posts: 32
Thanks: 2
Thanked 7 Times in 4 Posts
Default

If you want to get a real taste of this, shop at the Publix at Colony. You alost need combat attire.
  #94  
Old 02-23-2015, 08:36 AM
Laurie2 Laurie2 is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 274
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codysmom View Post
If you want to get a real taste of this, shop at the Publix at Colony. You alost need combat attire.
Even though Colony is the closest Publix to me, when I am out and about, I like to stop in at the Spanish Plaines Publix. (Yes. That is the correct spelling for Plaines in this case, even though I am having a smackdown with auto-correct right now.)

Anyway, that's the Publix by the hospital. I was in there yesterday and felt absolutely queenly as I waltzed my cart down the aisles.
  #95  
Old 02-23-2015, 08:40 AM
graciegirl's Avatar
graciegirl graciegirl is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 39,560
Thanks: 4,325
Thanked 4,840 Times in 1,659 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurie2 View Post
Even though Colony is the closest Publix to me, when I am out and about, I like to stop in at the Spanish Plaines Publix. (Yes. That is the correct spelling for Plaines in this case, even though I am having a smackdown with auto-correct right now.)

Anyway, that's the Publix by the hospital. I was in there yesterday and felt absolutely queenly as I waltzed my cart down the aisles.

I was there for the first time last week. It is huge, bigger than any other Publix here by far and they carry things other Publix do not carry . Worth the trip up "North" to Spanish Plaines. You are funny Laurie.
__________________
It is better to laugh than to cry.
  #96  
Old 02-23-2015, 10:31 AM
under55 under55 is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Village of Hemingway
Posts: 356
Thanks: 2
Thanked 26 Times in 11 Posts
Default Front Row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt. View Post
Don't you love when they show up with their chairs as the show starts and set up in front? There's another word for them... I don't think it's optimists...
I have a question. I don't go to the square much but when I do I wonder who determines where the front row should be. Sometimes I see it so far back from the dance area that you could easily get 2 or 3 more rows of chairs in there and not interfere with the dance area. Lately my trips have been to Brownwood and the front row has been started way back only about 3 rows of chairs before the bleachers.
  #97  
Old 02-23-2015, 11:13 AM
tuccillo tuccillo is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,753
Thanks: 0
Thanked 160 Times in 86 Posts
Default

Good question. The front row was pretty far up at Brownwood last night. The place was packed. I believe the only restriction on chair placement is that you don't block the isles, which is usually marked off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by under55 View Post
I have a question. I don't go to the square much but when I do I wonder who determines where the front row should be. Sometimes I see it so far back from the dance area that you could easily get 2 or 3 more rows of chairs in there and not interfere with the dance area. Lately my trips have been to Brownwood and the front row has been started way back only about 3 rows of chairs before the bleachers.
  #98  
Old 02-23-2015, 11:21 AM
tuccillo tuccillo is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,753
Thanks: 0
Thanked 160 Times in 86 Posts
Default

It is not clear to me how that should be handled. The "front row" does grow outward toward the dance area with time. Perhaps they should "rope off" the dance area so as to clearly define where the front row is and then it can grow backwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt. View Post
Don't you love when they show up with their chairs as the show starts and set up in front? There's another word for them... I don't think it's optimists...
  #99  
Old 02-23-2015, 11:21 AM
Wandatime's Avatar
Wandatime Wandatime is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Village of Collier
Posts: 510
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
I hate to disagree, Wanda, but for everyone nasty one there are probably 100 sweethearts. That's been my experience here anyway.
You are absolutely right, Dr. Boogie! I am happy to stand corrected!
__________________

Wanda
Village of Collier

Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before. ~Mae West


Closed Thread

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:02 AM.