Need advice on refrigerator for At Ease

Closed Thread
Old 05-18-2011, 08:28 AM
Default Need advice on refrigerator for At Ease

We're moving in to our At Ease in Tamarind Grove next month and I want to buy a new refrigerator (and move the one that's there into the garage).

I'm wondering how big a fridge I can get; my agent has given me the measurements for the space and the depth of the wall next to the fridge space concerns me (31").

Most of the refrigerators that I've looked at and liked have a depth w/handle of 33 to 34 inches. My concern is whether this will look odd (having it extend beyond the wall.

I'm hoping that someone else with an At Ease model can offer advice and tell me about the refrigerator that you have. We'd like to get a side-by-side with an ice and water dispenser on the door . . . . just don't want to get one that overwhelms the kitchen!
Old 05-18-2011, 09:53 AM
Gold member
Default measure carefully

we moved our standard (top freezer) fridge to the laundry room, and bought a side-by-side that we thought would fit just fine, because we measured (ha)!

We were lucky - only had to remove the baseboard on one side and recut the front piece - our next step would have been to trim the countertop that it fit next to. We had measured at the top (space by the cabinet), thought we had at least half an inch to spare. Barely, barely fits.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:35 AM
Sage

Be sure you measure "your" house, not the model as there is enough tolerance that they will be somewhat different. The refrigerator that came with our At Ease is a GE and is the noisiest fridge I ever heard. GE couldn't do anything to quiet it and the home inspector that we hired just before our 1year warranty ran out said TV is going to Hot Point now. Remember also that the fridge has to be several inches away from the back wall to clear the tubing for the ice maker.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.