Need advice on rental

Closed Thread
Old 08-30-2016, 05:09 PM
Default Need advice on rental

I've been looking for a rental for Feb and Mar 2017. A few months ago when I was looking no one would rent unless Jan was included. Unfortunately, we can not be here in Jan. I was told wait until the end of the summer or Oct. So I waited.

Now as I look, not only don't I see Feb and Mar availability, but many of the rentals now show only Jan and Apr availability. I'm stunned. This is only our second year renting and eventually we will buy.

Can anyone help me with some advice as to how to find a suitable place? My wife and I are non-smokers and we don't have any pets so there shouldn't be any barriers for us to rent.

Are there any real estate agents or organizations that can help? I've tried the Villages office but they say the months I want won't open up until Nov. We'd like to get something locked in earlier than that.

Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 08-30-2016, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianyer7711 View Post
I've been looking for a rental for Feb and Mar 2017. A few months ago when I was looking no one would rent unless Jan was included. Unfortunately, we can not be here in Jan. I was told wait until the end of the summer or Oct. So I waited.

Now as I look, not only don't I see Feb and Mar availability, but many of the rentals now show only Jan and Apr availability. I'm stunned. This is only our second year renting and eventually we will buy.

Can anyone help me with some advice as to how to find a suitable place? My wife and I are non-smokers and we don't have any pets so there shouldn't be any barriers for us to rent.

Are there any real estate agents or organizations that can help? I've tried the Villages office but they say the months I want won't open up until Nov. We'd like to get something locked in earlier than that.

Thanks.
Try this site best available VillagersHomes4Rent.com.

good luck it is a tough time for feb/march ---you might get lucky with a cancellation ---
Old 08-30-2016, 10:05 PM

I have a 3 bed courtyard villa in Duval We are putting on the rental market in September. Pm me if interested.
Old 08-30-2016, 10:29 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianyer7711 View Post

Thanks.
If you do a search on VillagersHomes4Rent.com and check the boxes for feb and march you will see many homes are available to rent. I just checked today. If you PM me I may know someone, too. Rae

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Fraugoofy; 10-19-2016 at 05:20 PM.
Old 08-31-2016, 08:10 AM
Veteran member

We bought our home in October and listed it for rent during that next January. I think that's common, so keep checking daily on the rental sites and on this site. I only advertised here on TOTV. Good luck!

Drank the Kool-Aid and now own a home in Tamarind Grove. Yippee!!
Old 09-01-2016, 05:26 AM
Smile Rentals

Be sure to check out Our Villages Rental also. Very nice homes listed there.

Mallory Square, Village of Hadley and now Gilchrist!
Old 09-01-2016, 06:21 AM

I would do two things. First check all internet sites every day. Second subscribe to The Daily Sun and have it sent to your home. Reality is someone will have to cancel an existing reservation for a variety of reasons. Village homeowners will then post an ad in the paper "due to a cancellation". It may not happen until January. Good luck.
Old 09-01-2016, 08:10 AM

I just did a quick search for Feb-March in The Villages on ****. There are 46 rentals available. Down Home Property Management has 13 properties still available.

edit: the **** is a popular vacation rental by owner site.
Old 09-01-2016, 09:47 AM

Sending pics this am
Old 09-01-2016, 03:33 PM
Veteran member

Did you see this post????

Four year old villa for rent in January

Drank the Kool-Aid and now own a home in Tamarind Grove. Yippee!!
Old 09-01-2016, 09:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by baustgen View Post
I would do two things. First check all internet sites every day. Second subscribe to The Daily Sun and have it sent to your home. Reality is someone will have to cancel an existing reservation for a variety of reasons. Village homeowners will then post an ad in the paper "due to a cancellation". It may not happen until January. Good luck.
The Villages Daily Sun does have a web site, and the web site does list classified ads with rental homes listed. So if you are not currently living near The Villages, you can still look at the rental homes available.

The web site is: The Villages Daily Sun

Good luck, and I hope you find a home for this coming winter.
Old 10-19-2016, 05:09 PM
Veteran member
Location: The Villages - Formerly Atlanta Endicott and Syracuse NY
Default Rental

Did you finda place yet
Closed Thread

Tags
jan, advice, rental, availability, mar

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.