Golf cart traffic

Closed Thread
Old 12-17-2007, 10:02 PM
Veteran member
Default Golf cart traffic

I have seen it all a golf cart with a towing a trailer with a lawn mower in it going down the traffic lane on Morse Blvd. Folks you are asking for trouble, remember you dont have front brakes and that thing is going to be hard to stop.And in the motor lane to boot. There needs to be some type of regulations on these things where they (share) to road with cars,it's going to happen some one is going to get seriously injured and it probably wont be the passengers in the car.Also think about the fact that the frames are not intended for trailers going at 30 mph and no seat belts. If you are going to drive on the road you should have the same safety features as the cars. One last thing a solid white line on the road means the same here as anywhere (stay in your lane).Yes I know some of you are going to say mind your own bussiness and no I dont have a golf cart but yes I do live here. I think if you are going to drive your cart on the road you should have insurance to at least cover the other guy for damages. Ok I'm done bet me up.
Old 12-18-2007, 03:41 AM
Eternal Member
Default Re: Golf cart traffic

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:09 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Hard to beat someone up who is right on the money. You said it well!

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 12-18-2007, 01:06 PM

Old 12-18-2007, 01:42 PM
Sage

Today's Daily Sun reported on 2 separate golf cart accidents yesterday...both requiring drivers to be airlifted to Orlando for their injuries. In one, a lady hit a curb and was thrown. In the other, a man hit one of the poles on the golf cart path.

Yesterday, some guy in a souped up cart came barrelling around a curve at 25 or so and almost hit me head-on.

Please be careful on your golf cart...slow down and pay attention to what you're doing. These are not toys .... they are motorized vehicles.
Old 12-18-2007, 01:48 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by villages07
Today's Daily Sun reported on 2 separate golf cart accidents yesterday...both requiring drivers to be airlifted to Orlando for their injuries. In one, a lady hit a curb and was thrown. In the other, a man hit one of the poles on the golf cart path.

Yesterday, some guy in a souped up cart came barrelling around a curve at 25 or so and almost hit me head-on.

Please be careful on your golf cart...slow down and pay attention to what you're doing. These are not toys .... they are motorized vehicles.
Old 12-18-2007, 09:04 PM
Platinum member

There are laws in place for golf carts and their operation but people have a hard time of obeying them. But the same applies to all motor vehicles. If people would obey the laws and not speed and pay attention, there would be fewer accidents all the way around.
Old 12-19-2007, 12:33 AM
Send a message via AIM to DENNIS G Send a message via MSN to DENNIS G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooper
There are laws in place for golf carts and their operation but people have a hard time of obeying them. But the same applies to all motor vehicles. If people would obey the laws and not speed and pay attention, there would be fewer accidents all the way around.
Old 12-19-2007, 07:34 PM
Soaring Eagle member

This is a tough one, I don't disagree with anything said, but with as many carts as wehave out there, there are going to be a certain number of accidents, not sure how many are directly related to excess speed.
Old 12-20-2007, 01:07 PM

This is a page from the lady Lake police department site, click on the link or copy and paste it in your browser for the rules of operating golf carts in the Villages.

http://www.ladylake.org/Police%20Dep...rtpamphlet.pdf
Old 12-21-2007, 02:28 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Its really not to hard to figure out, if you have a curb 12" to your right and a car lane 12" to your left , at 20 mph its not a good idea to take your eyes off the road.....
the (scared to death) fumar

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.