In need of a good interior (drywall) wall repair man!

Closed Thread
Old 09-25-2021, 07:26 AM
Default In need of a good interior (drywall) wall repair man!

Does anyone have a good drywall and texture repair man? I had some furniture delivered to our new home and the movers hit the edge of our overhead archway with a large TV stand and crushed it in. We just bought here and this seams like the place to find out the info we need. Any help is much appreciated!!
Old 09-25-2021, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbo136 View Post
Does anyone have a good drywall and texture repair man? I had some furniture delivered to our new home and the movers hit the edge of our overhead archway with a large TV stand and crushed it in. We just bought here and this seams like the place to find out the info we need. Any help is much appreciated!!
About 5 years ago, I used a woman who did a fantastic job. She only did small jobs. Her name is Laurie and her company is Touch of Drywall - the phone number is 352-636-6859. Hope she is still in business! Let me know.

— Joan Robinson, “Contributions to Modern Economics” (1978)
Old 09-25-2021, 10:03 AM

How about a drywall gal? Give Lori a call. It's been several years since we used her. Don't know if she is still in the business, but if she is, she does a great job! We has some ceiling cracks which she repaired!
A Touch of Drywall
Lori -- (352) 636-6859
Old 09-25-2021, 10:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbo136 View Post
A repeat of our adventure. We bought 9 years ago. Our name brand interstate mover, what a misadventure. I have an armoir and it was in my second floor bedroom in our then sold home. I was not watching them. Their, company? staff, did not know that like a china closet such large furniture is designed to come apart. They thought they could carry it down the stairs in one piece. They damaged the wall paint as well as the paint on the hand rail that took me hours to do.

On the other end. Not the same people of course but,"company employees," they dropped the same piece of furniture into the bedroom wall punching a hole in the sheet rock at least 6inches in diameter.

Our place was new. It was nine years ago. We called the villages. They sent the people who had done the job. I was shocked at the difference between my level of skill and the guy they sent. The job would have taken me days. He did it in hours. You could not find what he patched. I could guess but it would be a guess based on my memory of where the hole was. We were thrilled with the job AND WE WERE NOT CHARGED.

I would call the Villages offices.
Old 09-25-2021, 10:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVES View Post
A repeat of our adventure. We bought 9 years ago. Our name brand interstate mover, what a misadventure. I have an armoir and it was in my second floor bedroom in our then sold home. I was not watching them. Their, company? staff, did not know that like a china closet such large furniture is designed to come apart. They thought they could carry it down the stairs in one piece. They damaged the wall paint as well as the paint on the hand rail that took me hours to do.

On the other end. Not the same people of course but,"company employees," they dropped the same piece of furniture into the bedroom wall punching a hole in the sheet rock at least 6inches in diameter.

Our place was new. It was nine years ago. We called the villages. They sent the people who had done the job. I was shocked at the difference between my level of skill and the guy they sent. The job would have taken me days. He did it in hours. You could not find what he patched. I could guess but it would be a guess based on my memory of where the hole was. We were thrilled with the job AND WE WERE NOT CHARGED.

I would call the Villages offices.
The materials they use. The spackle was a two part product that does not shrink when it dries, cures. The texture comes in a spray can. The guy that did the repair clearly knew what he was doing. A patching artist.
Closed Thread

Tags
man, repair, drywall, good, crushed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.