radio info

Closed Thread
Old 06-10-2011, 06:09 AM
Sage
Default radio info

Does anyone have the frequency of the community watch radios so I can put it into my scanner??
Old 06-10-2011, 11:22 AM
Veteran member

Try this link, it may give you ore that what you need. http://www.cityfreq.com/fl/thevillages/
Old 06-10-2011, 11:47 AM
Default VCDD Radio Info

While the patrols formerly were on a unique UHF radio frequency, the VCDD patrols are now part of the Lake County Public Safety radio system. This is a trunked system and the radios operate in P25 digital mode. If your scanner does not "do" (possibly rebanded) trunking or digital reception, then you can't monitor them. They are not encrypted, just digital. Most digital trunking scanners will receive them as well as other Lake County transmissions, except for genuine police communications which are encrypted in Lake County (they can't be decrypted and it is illegal to even try...).

Another great link is www dot radioreference dot com. This will give you even more information about this system. (Apparently, I couldn't put a real URL in the message yet so I hope you can figure this out.)
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.