Need Help w/ small landscape project

Closed Thread
Old 02-07-2012, 08:23 PM
Default Need Help w/ small landscape project

Does any of you know of anyone that does small projects. I already have my brickwork & stone & palms. I need help in digging up some of the bushes and some advice on other types of plants & flowers to add color. I have called a few of the the landscape companies and they want a minimum of $1500 - $2000. Let's just say I don't have a green thumb and have never really worked outside with flowers...so I am a bit clueless....but I don't need a $2000 flower bed
Old 02-07-2012, 08:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,665 Times in 594 Posts

I did most of my own landscaping (excepting large palms). The ground here is pretty sandy and digs easy. There is advice everywhere on plants - the Florida extension service on 466/Morse, the Gardening clubs, or on the Landscape forum here in TOTV (which is probably where this thread belongs).

I do have the name of a Village guy that did some nice landscaping for a neighbor at a good price (but admittedly it was a big job) and he might help out, but I don't have his name/number handy. If you think you want it,
send me a PM.

But if it's just bushes, and you're inclined, you can manage this.
I was pleasantly surprised how easy the sand/soil digs here.
Good luck
Old 02-08-2012, 09:21 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Give Rupert Cross a call (352/406-8814). He and his crew do some really nice work for a very reasonable price. They did a brick patio for a friend of mine that is just beautiful.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 02-08-2012, 02:54 PM

Thanks I will give him a call (I am needing a patio too)
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.