Need lawn care

Closed Thread
Old 09-07-2021, 06:56 AM

All the mower guys are the same. They are over worked with so many customers and the quality shows through. I admit that I’m picky so I cut my own lawn
Old 09-07-2021, 07:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,714 Times in 5,243 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luggage View Post
Well over down the road in Pennbrooke Fairways and several other HOAs communities for seniors, the hoa is responsible for cutting your lawn. Something to consider for The villages,
I agree. But, I suggested it on another thread and some people thought I was crazy.
Old 09-07-2021, 07:02 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Question Opinion

Has anyone used Fertagator Landscapers? What is your opinion regarding their service?
Old 09-07-2021, 07:09 AM
Default Lawn Cutting Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankygrl View Post
The company I was using notified me they will no longer be in business. I have made several calls to lawn services/landscapers and either no return call or they aren’t taking on new clients. HELP - I’m just looking for someone who is reliable to cut my lawn, weed plant beds on a regular basis and Trim the bushes as needed. If you know of anyone TAKING new clients PM me please. My lawn hasn’t been cut in over 2 weeks and looks bad and the weeds are taking over.
We use a gentleman named Jose Perez. He is great. Very reliable. His number is 352-360-3222
Old 09-07-2021, 07:21 AM

1st Rate lawn care and pest control. 352-483-6487
Old 09-07-2021, 07:22 AM
Default Mowing

I use Brandon Garinger
352-426-9382
Old 09-07-2021, 08:02 AM

Quote:
The company I was using notified me they will no longer be in business. I have made several calls to lawn services/landscapers and either no return call or they aren’t taking on new clients. HELP - I’m just looking for someone who is reliable to cut my lawn, weed plant beds on a regular basis and Trim the bushes as needed. If you know of anyone TAKING new clients PM me please. My lawn hasn’t been cut in over 2 weeks and looks bad and the weeds are taking over.
Is it a home or a Villa ? In 2 years I went through 5 or 6 people for lawn services and got 2 complaints from the tattletales from the area.
Old 09-07-2021, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIRE1 View Post
From what am hearing, the ability of being able to retain or hire workers is impacting most of the lawn and yard maintenance companies, just the same as it is for all of the other service companies. It seems like ALL companies are having a hell of a time of retaining employees, and an even harder time addressing absences due to Covid illnesses or quarantine requirements. I wouldn't be surprised if that is one of the reasons there has been a change in the performance of lawn care services lately. So finding a lawn service company that can handle both mowing and trimming may be really difficult. And you may want to be a little cautious about "firing" your current provider before you get a new one lined up. It seems like they are facing the same situation as the restaurants and other companies around the country are experiencing. Who knows, if this keeps up we may have to start mowing our own lawn.

I've also wondered whether the huge number of homes that have been added to The Villages may compound the problem. Since there are only so many people in the tri county area that provide these types of services and with The Villages continually growing, the demand for these services will stretch available manpower to the limit. Even though the population of Sumter county has grown considerably, that growth is primarily us Villagers. And we all want the same services. I suspect that the population of working age men and women in this same area hasn't grown in the same proportion as seniors, so the number of people to work in these service areas is stretched really thin. Look at all the new homes built or going to be built south of 44 and consider how many additional workers it is going to require in order to provide services (including lawn & yard work). I sometimes wonder if the growth of The Villages will eventually exceed what the surrounding communities can provide for store, restaurants, and yes, lawn maintenance employees. Just a thought.
Given the uniqueness of the 3 counties and the cost of living the original residents pay due to the villages the growth will not be sustainable. The wages in Florida are way below the national average and while there isn’t an income tax there are consumption taxes on everything residents must pay. Many people go in and out of local service businesses without being qualified and can’t compete with illegal aliens who do much of the yard work.
Old 09-07-2021, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
I had the same problem. Called 6 recommended places - only one called me back to say they are not taking new customers. I finally found one by listening for he sound of mowers on our nearby streets and getting business cards or if the worker was the owner, asked him to stop by my house for an estimate. So far, so good. He now makes ONE stop on my street and does 6 designers houses in about 40 minutes. Economy of scale.

Good luck.

Skip
So for 6.5 minutes they mow, edge blow your grass ? Hmmm smh
Old 09-07-2021, 08:36 AM

Son Life, (315) 836-5228.
Old 09-07-2021, 08:57 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,204 Times in 465 Posts

We have been using deans for lawn because they are big and probably won’t run off. Have not been so lucky with people to take care of my shrubs so I do them myself but I love to garden so it is not a problem for me until I am too decrepit to do it. My butterflies love me for it!
Old 09-07-2021, 11:57 AM
Default Use Gene the best!

Quote:
Give Gene a call we’re really happy with is service (352) 613-2306
Old 09-07-2021, 06:05 PM

Global Landscaping
Old 09-08-2021, 11:43 AM

Thank you to all who replied, I have contacted the company that mows all my neighbors, can’t get a quote nor a yes/no from them. Did fins a friend to mow so doesn’t look so bad. Now will check with all these companies and see where we go from here. I’ve already contacted a company that will be doing some extensive work in near future. They also mow but at present not taking new clients.
Old 09-08-2021, 12:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by richs631 View Post
All the mower guys are the same. They are over worked with so many customers and the quality shows through. I admit that I’m picky so I cut my own lawn
No shortage of similar ideas. Cable for example. As I read through the posts. Imagine getting the inmates to agree on even what flowers to plant on common grounds.

In high school I started and ran a lawn cutting business. I also shoveled snow. People?
I used to do it for a widowed neighbor because she was nice to us when we moved in.
Our neighbor across the street objected to my do doing hers.

I can't help it. I hear you do good work. When will you be coming over for free of course.
Closed Thread

Tags
lawn, taking, cut, clients, regular

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.