Need lawn care

Closed Thread
Old 09-08-2021, 12:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankygrl View Post
Thank you to all who replied, I have contacted the company that mows all my neighbors, can’t get a quote nor a yes/no from them. Did fins a friend to mow so doesn’t look so bad. Now will check with all these companies and see where we go from here. I’ve already contacted a company that will be doing some extensive work in near future. They also mow but at present not taking new clients.
If, anyone is interested, weds 9/8/21 about 11:30 the babtist thrift store on Citizens blvd
has had two fairly new battery powered mowers. I did not look hard at them. Price etc?
Old 09-08-2021, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankygrl View Post
The company I was using notified me they will no longer be in business. I have made several calls to lawn services/landscapers and either no return call or they aren’t taking on new clients. HELP - I’m just looking for someone who is reliable to cut my lawn, weed plant beds on a regular basis and Trim the bushes as needed. If you know of anyone TAKING new clients PM me please. My lawn hasn’t been cut in over 2 weeks and looks bad and the weeds are taking over.
A & J’s Property Maintenance LLC, cell 352-391-2565 , Office 352-205-5551.
Old 09-13-2021, 08:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I agree. But, I suggested it on another thread and some people thought I was crazy.
This is not an HOA Community.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 09-14-2021, 05:43 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
Has anyone used Fertagator Landscapers? What is your opinion regarding their service?
Fertigator????..............yes, they were great.

Fertagator????.........nope.
Old 09-14-2021, 08:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,044 Times in 5,335 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRMACK55 View Post
So for 6.5 minutes they mow, edge blow your grass ? Hmmm smh
I thought of that also.
Old 09-14-2021, 02:54 PM
Default Lawn Care

Seems as if dependable lawn service is almost non-existent here - the area is growing so fast it is out pacing most service providers - most lawn service companies are much better at getting new customers than keeping existing ones - PAX is a perfect example - promise you a perfect yard - then show up maybe half the time - DO NOT USE - still looking for that one company that will charge a fair price for good service - open to all referrals
Old 09-14-2021, 02:58 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick007 View Post
Seems as if dependable lawn service is almost non-existent here - the area is growing so fast it is out pacing most service providers - most lawn service companies are much better at getting new customers than keeping existing ones - PAX is a perfect example - promise you a perfect yard - then show up maybe half the time - DO NOT USE - still looking for that one company that will charge a fair price for good service - open to all referrals
Coming up on ten years with Fertigator.
They prefer to have a group of neighbors, much more efficient.
Have not been disappointed.
If I need an extra trim or weed attack, they are responsive.

Labor market is tough.............they fight it every day.
Old 09-22-2021, 09:16 AM
Default Village Lawn Mowing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luggage View Post
Well over down the road in Pennbrooke Fairways and several other HOAs communities for seniors, the hoa is responsible for cutting your lawn. Something to consider for The villages,
I Agree. Maybe The Villages could consider mowing the Residence Lawns in the Villages. It is getting harder and harder trying to find a reliable, dedicated mowing service.
kaydees1
Old 09-22-2021, 06:11 PM

Rather than that, maybe it's time for each of the CDD's to relax their rules for lawn coverage. Possibly allowing more rock usage, especially in the Patio & Courtyard Villa areas. That would reduce the number of yards that need to be mowed weekly so that the existing mowing services can handle those yards which have grass. That would also reduce the amount of water going for irrigation. Both of which would save the home owners money. Seems like win to me. And from what I've seen of the few "illegal" villa homes with rock instead of grass, they don't look bad at all.
Old 09-25-2021, 07:31 AM

It seems to be a fact of live in The Villages - you will have to change lawn service companies frequently - all are better at getting customers than keeping them - PAX is the worst
Old 09-25-2021, 01:01 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIRE1 View Post
From what am hearing, the ability of being able to retain or hire workers is impacting most of the lawn and yard maintenance companies, just the same as it is for all of the other service companies. It seems like ALL companies are having a hell of a time of retaining employees, and an even harder time addressing absences due to Covid illnesses or quarantine requirements. I wouldn't be surprised if that is one of the reasons there has been a change in the performance of lawn care services lately. So finding a lawn service company that can handle both mowing and trimming may be really difficult. And you may want to be a little cautious about "firing" your current provider before you get a new one lined up. It seems like they are facing the same situation as the restaurants and other companies around the country are experiencing. Who knows, if this keeps up we may have to start mowing our own lawn.

I've also wondered whether the huge number of homes that have been added to The Villages may compound the problem. Since there are only so many people in the tri county area that provide these types of services and with The Villages continually growing, the demand for these services will stretch available manpower to the limit. Even though the population of Sumter county has grown considerably, that growth is primarily us Villagers. And we all want the same services. I suspect that the population of working age men and women in this same area hasn't grown in the same proportion as seniors, so the number of people to work in these service areas is stretched really thin. Look at all the new homes built or going to be built south of 44 and consider how many additional workers it is going to require in order to provide services (including lawn & yard work). I sometimes wonder if the growth of The Villages will eventually exceed what the surrounding communities can provide for store, restaurants, and yes, lawn maintenance employees. Just a thought.
Agree 100% with your thoughts about lack of service people in the area and it is going to get worse before it gets better.

Do feel that neighborhoods particularly should look into contracting with one lawn company for their neighborhood, particularly some of the smaller neighorhoods. Every day of the working week I see different companies cutting grass. Using one company would or should take care of this.
Old 09-25-2021, 01:16 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIRE1 View Post
Rather than that, maybe it's time for each of the CDD's to relax their rules for lawn coverage. Possibly allowing more rock usage, especially in the Patio & Courtyard Villa areas. That would reduce the number of yards that need to be mowed weekly so that the existing mowing services can handle those yards which have grass. That would also reduce the amount of water going for irrigation. Both of which would save the home owners money. Seems like win to me. And from what I've seen of the few "illegal" villa homes with rock instead of grass, they don't look bad at all.
I used to do all of the work myself. Adding rock, flower boxes etc, usually causes the laborers takes more time to cut, especially for the landscapers using the high speed mowers. Neighborhoods need to look into using one company to do entire neighborhood. This would be good for the customers and the companies,
Closed Thread

Tags
lawn, taking, cut, clients, regular

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.