Need more Pickleball courts

Closed Thread
Old 01-04-2019, 06:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,879 Times in 2,425 Posts

[QUOTE=graciegirl;1613089]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post

Perhaps they are disinclined because lighting the courts would cause noise to nearby homes at bedtime for some?
The lighted tennis courts you have to feed with quarters over there and the courts are right beside 441 along with the pickleball courts. no houses close like everywhere else where every inch used to squeeze in one more house. Now where else in village IMO would appropriate due to housing within ball throw.

Over at these two locations it pretty close to 1/5 mile from housing, plus square noise also. Lights on the tennis courts go out at 10 or 1030 PM if I remember correctly? We both know there not going to do anything extra that don’t have the word golf in it anyway
Old 01-04-2019, 06:56 PM
Sage

[QUOTE=CFrance;1613076]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
IMO lowering the tennis net height for pickleball would be better than nothing.The posts heights don't factor much in pickleball, and it's only a couple of inches. Tennis nets can sag a couple of inches. TV will never pay to light the courts. Way too much of an expense.

We need another bowling alley too!
IMO rec enter workers won’t do it, can’t even get them at certain locations to zip tie the wind screen back or blow shrub and palm trash off the courts ( especially the little marbles the fall out of palms planted right beside courts at certain locations, like playing on BBs) (I probably tie off more broken zip ties than they do)

I agree both bowling alley are pretty busy. But, that’s big bucks?

Speaking of bowling the pros will be back to spainish springs around March 22nd. I went last year and seen Pete Weber, Parker Bohn, norm duke, Walter Ray Williams, and more.
Old 01-04-2019, 07:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
You're kidding me, right? So we need more pickleball courts which will sit empty because of heat, wind, etc?
Golf courses set empty also, but not reducing them are they, or stop spending loads money them like replacing sand traps that were better here than private or city courses elsewhere. You can make that point about every amenities at certain time of the day.
Old 01-04-2019, 07:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,504 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Golf courses set empty also, but not reducing them are they, or stop spending loads money them like replacing sand traps that were better here than private or city courses elsewhere. You can make that point about every amenities at certain time of the day.
Sir. The golf courses are in use most time it is light here in The Villages.

Unless they are being redone or fixed.
Old 01-05-2019, 10:51 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Sir. The golf courses are in use most time it is light here in The Villages.

Unless they are being redone or fixed.

See there's that word most. which described about all other functions, but horseshoes, which I rarely see any activity on, but, who am I say replace them with something else. But, it could be come popular again?
Old 01-05-2019, 01:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
The local paper mentioned that The Villages has 182 pickleball courts, the most of any single location in the world. However, not a single court was added in 2018.

While it looks like twelve new courts at the under construction Everglades regional rec center will be added in 2019, they are a little bit behind the curve in my estimation of the need for courts.
Need more pickleball courts is also a bit negative for a title.

In your opinion we need more pickleball courts.

I ask, is is harder to get a court to play pickleball this January? Is the wait longer than it was a year ago?
Old 01-05-2019, 01:47 PM
Veteran member

In a word, YES
Old 01-05-2019, 08:03 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,511 Times in 710 Posts

The next pickle ball courts will be at River Bend rec center and Everglades rec center, both currently under construction. They build them ahead of the residents, so the Fenney courts were built and open as Fenney was opening, no more needed until more growth happens.

If you want more courts north of SR44 then you have to convince the AAC and PWAC to built them. The developer is done building amenities north of SR44 and owes none of us anything (yes, what your realtor told you was a lie). If PWAC/AAC agrees to build them then prepare to pay more for your monthly amenities fees as nothing is free.

You'll be hard pressed to win the argument that more courts are needed. Yes, it may be difficult to get court time between 8:00AM and 11:00AM, but in the afternoons I have passed a great many that our empty, play then.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	105 2019-01-05 19.43.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	78040   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	106 2019-01-05 20.01.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	78041  
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 01-05-2019, 08:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
The next pickle ball courts will be at River Bend rec center and Everglades rec center, both currently under construction. They build them ahead of the residents, so the Fenney courts were built and open as Fenney was opening, no more needed until more growth happens.

If you want more courts north of SR44 then you have to convince the AAC and PWAC to built them. The developer is done building amenities north of SR44 and owes none of us anything (yes, what your realtor told you was a lie). If PWAC/AAC agrees to build them then prepare to pay more for your monthly amenities fees as nothing is free.

You'll be hard pressed to win the argument that more courts are needed. Yes, it may be difficult to get court time between 8:00AM and 11:00AM, but in the afternoons I have passed a great many that our empty, play then.
There you go with facts again! If you keep that up don't be surprised if you get booted off the site.

Thanks for all that you do.
Old 01-05-2019, 09:55 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
There you go with facts again! If you keep that up don't be surprised if you get booted off the site.

Thanks for all that you do.
In my very first post on this thread, I said “While it looks like twelve new courts at the under construction Everglades regional rec center will be added in 2019, they are a little bit behind the curve in my estimation of the need for courts.” Hopefully, the six at River Bend will be completed before the end of 2019 as the population is increasing daily.

I understand that the Developer constructs the courts and thus never suggested in my comments anything about new courts above 44.

Two years have gone by before additional courts can be used while TV population has increased by how many thousands of people in those years? From my prospective as a pickleball player and enthusiast, they are a little bit behind the curve.

Those that play pickleball can clearly understand why courts are most active during certain times of the day. I don’t play golf but am happy to support those that enjoy playing that game and am happy to see them continue to build golf courses.
Old 01-07-2019, 08:59 AM
Veteran member
Default Capacity and usage must vary by village

I can't speak to your specific location, but I travel all over the Villages on a frequent basis and I see Pickleball, bocce ball, tennis, and shuffleboard courts wide open with great frequency. I have never had to wait to play Pickleball.
Old 01-07-2019, 10:30 AM
Sage

Quote:
In my very first post on this thread, I said “While it looks like twelve new courts at the under construction Everglades regional rec center will be added in 2019, they are a little bit behind the curve in my estimation of the need for courts.” Hopefully, the six at River Bend will be completed before the end of 2019 as the population is increasing daily.

I understand that the Developer constructs the courts and thus never suggested in my comments anything about new courts above 44.

Two years have gone by before additional courts can be used while TV population has increased by how many thousands of people in those years? From my prospective as a pickleball player and enthusiast, they are a little bit behind the curve.

Those that play pickleball can clearly understand why courts are most active during certain times of the day. I don’t play golf but am happy to support those that enjoy playing that game and am happy to see them continue to build golf courses.
GolfWingnut says Fenney has courts. And new ones being built in contiguous villages. That takes care of their area and the areas now occupied have the same amount as they had with the same population. I don't understand your concern.

Last edited by graciegirl; 01-07-2019 at 11:07 AM.
Old 01-07-2019, 10:56 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Quote:
GolfWingnut says Fenney has courts. And new ones being buil in contiguous villages. That takes care of their area and the areas now occupied have the same amout as they had with the same population. I don't understand your concern.
Again: Two years have gone by before additional courts can be used while TV population has increased by how many thousands of people in those two years? From my prospective as a pickleball player and enthusiast, they are a little bit behind the curve.

Were the six new courts at Fenney enough to cover two years worth of new pickleballers? I don't think so.

They may be ahead for a time depending on when the announced new courts can be used and what increases in TV population take place before other additional courts are needed. A never ending game to stay ahead or keep up.

Last edited by twoplanekid; 01-07-2019 at 11:04 AM.
Old 01-07-2019, 11:14 AM
Sage

Quote:
Again: Two years have gone by before additional courts can be used while TV population has increased by how many thousands of people in those two years? From my prospective as a pickleball player and enthusiast, they are a little bit behind the curve.

Were the six new courts at Fenney enough to cover two years worth of new pickleballers? I don't think so.

They may be ahead for a time depending on when the announced new courts can be used and what increases in TV population take place before other additional courts are needed. A never ending game to stay ahead or keep up.
I would be interested to hear from people who are having more trouble than they had last year at this time getting courts. Also I imagine that they factor in that pickleball being a more active sport that many people age out of their interest in it.

And the many that are still in casts.

JUST KIDDING.
Old 01-07-2019, 11:26 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
I would be interested to hear from people who are having more trouble than they had last year at this time getting courts. Also I imagine that they factor in that pickleball being a more active sport that many people age out of their interest in it.

And the many that are still in casts.

JUST KIDDING.
Hey, everyone should be an advocate for their favorite sport. The newer areas supposedly are for the more active generation thus more PB players? We will see if that holds true. It’s always fun discussing things with you about our favorite place to be.
Closed Thread

Tags
courts, single, added, pickleball, rec

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.