Need more Pickleball courts

Need more Pickleball courts

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 12-31-2018, 03:10 PM
Gold member

Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Not sure what the "curve" is? Have you talked to the District to understand the ratio? Have you asked for the projections? Also, this appears to be the largest expansion in The Villages history and amenities require residents so I suspect sales will take priority.
The District usually isn’t involved in the construction of new recreation facilities with the exception of the church property up north. The Developer might be placing a greater emphasis on sales than building new amenities. But again, my focus is on the construction of new pickleball courts as it will soon be two years, March 31, 2017 since a new court has been placed in operation.

Old 12-31-2018, 05:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
The District usually isn’t involved in the construction of new recreation facilities with the exception of the church property up north. The Developer might be placing a greater emphasis on sales than building new amenities. But again, my focus is on the construction of new pickleball courts as it will soon be two years, March 31, 2017 since a new court has been placed in operation.
The District has the responsibility for maintenance and staffing so I assume they need to project needs. You could also reach out to the Developer and the District can also help with that. I doubt any more courts will be built above 44 so your needs will need to be filled by the new construction.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2018, 09:26 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
But again, my focus is on the construction of new pickleball courts as it will soon be two years, March 31, 2017 since a new court has been placed in operation.
When there are more new houses built above Route 44, then it will be reasonable to build more courts above Route 44.

At the present time, the new houses are being built south of the Turnpike, and that is where the new courts are being built. Makes sense to me.
Old 12-31-2018, 09:46 PM
Gold member

Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
When there are more new houses built above Route 44, then it will be reasonable to build more courts above Route 44.

At the present time, the new houses are being built south of the Turnpike, and that is where the new courts are being built. Makes sense to me.
My point is that there have been no new courts built since March 2017 in all of TV including both above and below 44. Are they too slow in building courts? I believe that they are.

Usually they are ahead of the demand to show prospective home owners what they have to use.
Old 12-31-2018, 11:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
My point is that there have been no new courts built since March 2017 in all of TV including both above and below 44. Are they too slow in building courts? I believe that they are.

Usually they are ahead of the demand to show prospective home owners what they have to use.
I believe all the recreation facilities above 44 have been built so not sure where they would put them. I suspect any new courts would need to be below 44. Have any regional or neighborhood recreation centers been built in the last two years? Moyer, Burnsed, Rohan all have them.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 01-01-2019, 08:11 AM
Gold member

The newest courts are located in the Spanish Moss Recreation Center in the Village of Fenney. That was opened in March of 2017. It's now 2019 and Happy New Year.
Old 01-01-2019, 09:03 AM

I believe there are a couple of activity issues at play re Southern Oaks. There clearly are a current lack of PB courts south of Rt 44.Other than Everglades RC, I did not see any PB courts scheduled to be opened at any rec center in the Daily Sun supplement magazine today. Another impact issue is the lack of scheduling beginner, advanced beginner and intermediate PB at 10 am at the rec centers where nothing is scheduled at 10 am. For example, for yrs, the only advanced beginner PB scheduled on Friday 10 am is Big Cypress and a far north rec center. During snowbird season, this results in lines of 25 to 40 people waiting to play. For every 24 waiting the wait is at least 15 minutes. The Rec Dept has been made aware of this, for yrs, yet no apparent effort to solve the 10 am long lines problem.

The other glaring Southern Oaks activity omission is the current lack of any championship golf courses. Today's supplement shows one 18 hole course (as opposed to the usual 27) planned for some future date east of Monarch Grove. That has to be at least 2 yrs away.
Old 01-01-2019, 09:20 AM
Veteran member

Location: The Berkshires of Western Massachusetts and the Villages

Quote:

It's been much longer since championship golf has been added, and the sports pools are very overcrowded and offer very limited dedicated lap swimming time. I agree that availability of certain recreational activities are not keeping pace with the population growth.
Old 01-01-2019, 10:03 AM

I was under the impression that the southern villages were being built to appeal more toward those who like nature and more of the natural outdoor activities. This is why they concentrated less on courts and championship golf course and more on nature trails, dog parks, archery ranges and such. Are the pickle ball courts south of 44 busier than Rohan?

I am doubtful the residents south of 44 are what is making the pickleball courts north of 44 busy. In the off season I’ve seen an explosion of pickleball 101, 102, and 103 classes being taught all over. They became so ubiquitous they weren’t even full. This means there are lots more trained pickleball folks ready to take on the beginner, advanced beginner and open crowds.
Old 01-01-2019, 11:59 AM
Veteran member

Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio

I don't play pickleball but walk my dog in the park at the pickelball courts in Fenney. I don't know that I have ever seen anyone waiting to play and most of the time they're empty. I'm sure there are times throughout the day that they are very busy with leagues, etc. but not all day long.

Tags
courts, single, added, pickleball, rec