Need more Pickleball courts

Closed Thread
Old 01-07-2019, 11:30 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,475 Times in 703 Posts

So there are 6 courts currently open in Fenney with 1805 homes scheduled for Fenney, or approximately 1 court for every 301 homes. Of course this is just the Village of Fenney and we now have DeSoto and the start of McClure, once all of CDD12 is built (Fenney, DeSoto, McClure, Linden, Monarch Grove, Marsh Bend, and DeLuna) there were be 3637 homes (per the development agreement with the City of Wildwood). But there are additional pickle ball courts being built; 6 in Riverbend, 12 in Everglades, and 6 more in Water Lilly VRC (Village of De Luna) for a total of 30 pickle ball courts in that section of The Villages south of Sr44 or about 1 court for every 121 homes south of SR44.

The big question is how does that compare to the rest of The Village?

According to Saturday's Daily Sun there are 182 pickle ball courts, if 6 are in Fenney that leaves 176 courts throughout The Village north of SR44. According the the 2019 new comers guide there are 58,406 homes north of SR44. The math says 1 court for every 332 homes north of SR44. With these rations the Fenney courts should support about 1991 homes.

Numbers don't lie, they can be juggled to say many things but in this case the math is very simple. There are more pickle ball courts per home/person in the areas that have been build and will continue to be built for the next 2 years than any other area of The Villages. The population north of SR44 hasn't changed much in the last 18 months (since Fenney area opened) and won't in the foreseeable future (all the growth is now south of SR44).

TwoPlaneKid, the math and the areas of growth in The Villages clearly shows your complaint is without any merit or validity. The courts were clearly built ahead of the population increase you're worried about and are being built in excess of current Villages ratios. They are AHEAD OF THE CURVE not behind it. What do you want? If you want more courts north of SR44 come to the PWAC and AAC meetings and state your case, they are the ones who can make it happen in the completed areas of The Villages.

Then start making your case the the 100,000+ other residents why their amenities rate is going to go up to pay for the new courts.
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 01-07-2019, 11:46 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

[QUOTE=Goldwingnut;1614052]So there are 6 courts currently open in Fenney with 1805 homes scheduled for Fenney, or approximately 1 court for every 301 homes. Of course this is just the Village of Fenney and we now have DeSoto and the start of McClure,

Well, according to your figures they are behind at the moment.

"Two years have gone by before additional courts can be used while TV population has increased by how many thousands of people in those two years? From my prospective as a pickleball player and enthusiast, they are a little bit behind the curve."
Old 01-07-2019, 01:44 PM

Rohan, no houses around. New Everglades rec center. They will have softball there also.
So lights are very possible. Getting John Rohan to do it is near impossible.

Last edited by wayneman; 01-07-2019 at 01:51 PM.
Old 01-07-2019, 01:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Urban Dictionary: Curmudgeon
Old 01-07-2019, 02:04 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,475 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneman View Post
Rohan, no houses around. New Everglades rec center. They will have softball there also.
So lights are very possible. Getting John Rohan to do it is near impossible.
John Rohan is constrained by budgets for this and all the other recreation facilities, it's not that he doesn't want to do what the residents want but if there is no money in the budget for it, it's not going to happen. That is why PWAC and AAC are involved, they set the budgets. The budget process starts for next year in February. Come and give you opinion and put your request in, it would be a first in 5 years that any resident came to a PWAC budget meeting, and asking for something to be added to the budget has yet to happen.

Yes there are no homes directly adjacent to the Rohan Rec Center, yet. The same logic can applied to Colony Rec Center, there are no home near it. Osceola Hills is very near by Rohan and the Village of Chitty Chatty is coming out the ground very quickly on the south side of SR44.
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776

Last edited by Goldwingnut; 01-07-2019 at 02:29 PM.
Old 01-07-2019, 02:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by toeser View Post
I can't speak to your specific location, but I travel all over the Villages on a frequent basis and I see Pickleball, bocce ball, tennis, and shuffleboard courts wide open with great frequency. I have never had to wait to play Pickleball.
I guess you don’t play open times from 8 to 10 am?
Old 01-07-2019, 07:42 PM
Veteran member

Or haven't played during stratified play times between 10am and noon.....lines are way worse this year already.
Old 01-07-2019, 10:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

I want to know what courts toeser never has to wait to play on, because I will go there.

I think what TV never expected was the absolute explosion of the popularity of pickleball, even among the "youths." I took our 45-year-old son out over Christmas and played an hour and a half of singles with him. He'd never played before. (I still can't move, BTW...) He's now back in Indy looking to find a pickleball group to add to his other sports.
Old 01-08-2019, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I want to know what courts toeser never has to wait to play on, because I will go there.

I think what TV never expected was the absolute explosion of the popularity of pickleball, even among the "youths." I took our 45-year-old son out over Christmas and played an hour and a half of singles with him. He'd never played before. (I still can't move, BTW...) He's now back in Indy looking to find a pickleball group to add to his other sports.
There is a pretty good Indy Pickleball Facebook page that your son may want to check out.

Indy Pickleball Public Group | Facebook
Old 01-08-2019, 05:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPacers View Post
There is a pretty good Indy Pickleball Facebook page that your son may want to check out.

Indy Pickleball Public Group | Facebook
Thanks, I will send that to him.
Old 01-31-2019, 06:53 PM

There are always a lot of courts available. Have do do some homework and be willing to get in golf cart/car and find
Old 02-02-2019, 12:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlbrpt444 View Post
There are always a lot of courts available. Have do do some homework and be willing to get in golf cart/car and find
Those aren’t pickleball courts. There horseshoes pits
Closed Thread

Tags
courts, single, added, pickleball, rec

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.