Need more Pickleball courts

Need more Pickleball courts

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Capacity and usage must vary by village
Old 01-07-2019, 08:59 AM

Default Capacity and usage must vary by village

I can't speak to your specific location, but I travel all over the Villages on a frequent basis and I see Pickleball, bocce ball, tennis, and shuffleboard courts wide open with great frequency. I have never had to wait to play Pickleball.

Old 01-07-2019, 10:30 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
In my very first post on this thread, I said “While it looks like twelve new courts at the under construction Everglades regional rec center will be added in 2019, they are a little bit behind the curve in my estimation of the need for courts.” Hopefully, the six at River Bend will be completed before the end of 2019 as the population is increasing daily.

I understand that the Developer constructs the courts and thus never suggested in my comments anything about new courts above 44.

Two years have gone by before additional courts can be used while TV population has increased by how many thousands of people in those years? From my prospective as a pickleball player and enthusiast, they are a little bit behind the curve.

Those that play pickleball can clearly understand why courts are most active during certain times of the day. I don’t play golf but am happy to support those that enjoy playing that game and am happy to see them continue to build golf courses.
GolfWingnut says Fenney has courts. And new ones being built in contiguous villages. That takes care of their area and the areas now occupied have the same amount as they had with the same population. I don't understand your concern.

Last edited by graciegirl; 01-07-2019 at 11:07 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2019, 10:56 AM
Gold member

Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
GolfWingnut says Fenney has courts. And new ones being buil in contiguous villages. That takes care of their area and the areas now occupied have the same amout as they had with the same population. I don't understand your concern.
Again: Two years have gone by before additional courts can be used while TV population has increased by how many thousands of people in those two years? From my prospective as a pickleball player and enthusiast, they are a little bit behind the curve.

Were the six new courts at Fenney enough to cover two years worth of new pickleballers? I don't think so.

They may be ahead for a time depending on when the announced new courts can be used and what increases in TV population take place before other additional courts are needed. A never ending game to stay ahead or keep up.

Last edited by twoplanekid; 01-07-2019 at 11:04 AM.
Old 01-07-2019, 11:14 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
Again: Two years have gone by before additional courts can be used while TV population has increased by how many thousands of people in those two years? From my prospective as a pickleball player and enthusiast, they are a little bit behind the curve.

Were the six new courts at Fenney enough to cover two years worth of new pickleballers? I don't think so.

They may be ahead for a time depending on when the announced new courts can be used and what increases in TV population take place before other additional courts are needed. A never ending game to stay ahead or keep up.
I would be interested to hear from people who are having more trouble than they had last year at this time getting courts. Also I imagine that they factor in that pickleball being a more active sport that many people age out of their interest in it.

And the many that are still in casts.

JUST KIDDING.
Old 01-07-2019, 11:26 AM
Gold member

Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I would be interested to hear from people who are having more trouble than they had last year at this time getting courts. Also I imagine that they factor in that pickleball being a more active sport that many people age out of their interest in it.

And the many that are still in casts.

JUST KIDDING.
Hey, everyone should be an advocate for their favorite sport. The newer areas supposedly are for the more active generation thus more PB players? We will see if that holds true. It’s always fun discussing things with you about our favorite place to be.
Old 01-07-2019, 11:30 AM
Veteran member

So there are 6 courts currently open in Fenney with 1805 homes scheduled for Fenney, or approximately 1 court for every 301 homes. Of course this is just the Village of Fenney and we now have DeSoto and the start of McClure, once all of CDD12 is built (Fenney, DeSoto, McClure, Linden, Monarch Grove, Marsh Bend, and DeLuna) there were be 3637 homes (per the development agreement with the City of Wildwood). But there are additional pickle ball courts being built; 6 in Riverbend, 12 in Everglades, and 6 more in Water Lilly VRC (Village of De Luna) for a total of 30 pickle ball courts in that section of The Villages south of Sr44 or about 1 court for every 121 homes south of SR44.

The big question is how does that compare to the rest of The Village?

According to Saturday's Daily Sun there are 182 pickle ball courts, if 6 are in Fenney that leaves 176 courts throughout The Village north of SR44. According the the 2019 new comers guide there are 58,406 homes north of SR44. The math says 1 court for every 332 homes north of SR44. With these rations the Fenney courts should support about 1991 homes.

Numbers don't lie, they can be juggled to say many things but in this case the math is very simple. There are more pickle ball courts per home/person in the areas that have been build and will continue to be built for the next 2 years than any other area of The Villages. The population north of SR44 hasn't changed much in the last 18 months (since Fenney area opened) and won't in the foreseeable future (all the growth is now south of SR44).

TwoPlaneKid, the math and the areas of growth in The Villages clearly shows your complaint is without any merit or validity. The courts were clearly built ahead of the population increase you're worried about and are being built in excess of current Villages ratios. They are AHEAD OF THE CURVE not behind it. What do you want? If you want more courts north of SR44 come to the PWAC and AAC meetings and state your case, they are the ones who can make it happen in the completed areas of The Villages.

Then start making your case the the 100,000+ other residents why their amenities rate is going to go up to pay for the new courts.
My Drone Flying YouTube Page
Gold Wingnut Productions Goldwingnut.com
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Old 01-07-2019, 11:46 AM
Gold member

[QUOTE=Goldwingnut;1614052]So there are 6 courts currently open in Fenney with 1805 homes scheduled for Fenney, or approximately 1 court for every 301 homes. Of course this is just the Village of Fenney and we now have DeSoto and the start of McClure,

Well, according to your figures they are behind at the moment.

"Two years have gone by before additional courts can be used while TV population has increased by how many thousands of people in those two years? From my prospective as a pickleball player and enthusiast, they are a little bit behind the curve."
Old 01-07-2019, 01:44 PM

Rohan, no houses around. New Everglades rec center. They will have softball there also.
So lights are very possible. Getting John Rohan to do it is near impossible.

Last edited by wayneman; 01-07-2019 at 01:51 PM.
Old 01-07-2019, 01:55 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Urban Dictionary: Curmudgeon
Old 01-07-2019, 02:04 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneman View Post
Rohan, no houses around. New Everglades rec center. They will have softball there also.
So lights are very possible. Getting John Rohan to do it is near impossible.
John Rohan is constrained by budgets for this and all the other recreation facilities, it's not that he doesn't want to do what the residents want but if there is no money in the budget for it, it's not going to happen. That is why PWAC and AAC are involved, they set the budgets. The budget process starts for next year in February. Come and give you opinion and put your request in, it would be a first in 5 years that any resident came to a PWAC budget meeting, and asking for something to be added to the budget has yet to happen.

Yes there are no homes directly adjacent to the Rohan Rec Center, yet. The same logic can applied to Colony Rec Center, there are no home near it. Osceola Hills is very near by Rohan and the Village of Chitty Chatty is coming out the ground very quickly on the south side of SR44.
My Drone Flying YouTube Page
Gold Wingnut Productions Goldwingnut.com
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero

Last edited by Goldwingnut; 01-07-2019 at 02:29 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
courts, single, added, pickleball, rec