Need recommended doggie motels in route from NY state

Closed Thread
Old 10-12-2008, 06:55 PM
Smile Need recommended doggie motels in route from NY state

Rusty and I will be traveling in early Nov. to our new Villa in Hadley. Our 1st drive down. Mom (Teresa) is still working and will be flying down later. Us guys need a place to lye down enroute around Richmond and again around Jacksonville traveling about 500 miles a day. Any Suggestions. Thanks folks

We bought in April and had a closing by mail. We are very anxious to see our new home and furnishings. The photos just don't cut it anymore.

Tom
Old 10-12-2008, 07:18 PM

When Honey and I drive down from RI, we always seem to stop at the Best Western on Rt 95. It's south of DC in the King's Dominion parking lot. Right off the highway, clean,cheap and quiet
Old 10-12-2008, 07:24 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

When we traveled from California, I found this site to be really handy since we never knew where we'd be when it was time to stop. http://www.petswelcome.com/

Also, if you have AAA, they can make the reservations for you while you're driving (with the AAA discount).

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 10-12-2008, 07:25 PM

How the heck do you edit? Missed some message----
I don't know about dogs but maybe you could call. Sometimes they have pet friendly rooms and just charge a few dollars more.
PS We will live in Hadley too.
Old 10-12-2008, 07:31 PM
Gold member
Talking

I have traveled back and forth to TV in the past year with my cocker spaniel. I usually use Comfort Inn , but you need to call ahead because not all Comfort Inn's accept dogs. La Quinta is universal, they accept pets and as you get into the southern states Jamison Inns will accept pets for an extra $25.00.

Beware sometimes Comfort Inn will allow pets in smoking rooms only...so be sure to ask ahead of time if you don't want to stay in a smoking room.

Have a great trip and welcome to TV.
Old 10-12-2008, 07:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

We have Kitties and we are fortunate that from Cincinnati, it is a LONG day in the car but we don't have to stop over. Kathie posted that her doggies picked up fleas she thought from the hotels they stayed in that were pet friendly. Boy nobody wants that.

I am digressing, but Boomer does it all the time. My kitties will not be outside,when we are in TV, just on the Lanai. Can furry children get fleas from being out there?
Old 10-13-2008, 01:03 PM
Veteran member
Default Red roof inn accepts dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by zummy View Post
Rusty and I will be traveling in early Nov. to our new Villa in Hadley. Our 1st drive down. Mom (Teresa) is still working and will be flying down later. Us guys need a place to lye down enroute around Richmond and again around Jacksonville traveling about 500 miles a day. Any Suggestions. Thanks folks

We bought in April and had a closing by mail. We are very anxious to see our new home and furnishings. The photos just don't cut it anymore.

Tom
When i drove from N Y to CA i used Red Roof Inns all the way. Reasonable rates join their club for discounts.
Wanabee future TVer
Old 10-13-2008, 04:34 PM
Veteran member

I'll second LaQuinta. When we came down from Elmira, we stayed at the LaQuintas in Richmond and Savannah. I think they were both near Rt. 95. Good luck on that trip, I hope I never have to do it again.
Old 10-13-2008, 04:57 PM
Default Tech Gal

Go to http://www.petfriendlyhotels.com. This site will let you put in the city that you want to stop in, and will give you all of the pet friendly motels and hotels in that city.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:37 AM

I use my AAA tourist books to locate dog friendly motels. Leaving from the Poughkeepsie, NY area, I usually stop in SC below the NC/SC border. Then my second day of driving is not too long. Concerning the flea situation, I apply a tick and flea solution to my dog every month. We have a serious deer tick situation in my neck of the woods in NY. Enjoy you trip.

Belle
Old 10-15-2008, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zummy View Post

Tom
Hey - Hi, from a former (3 weeks ago) Rhinebecker. Happy to see more "local" people moving down from the cold and snow. We're also in Hadley. Someone told me that there's a Hudson Valley club, but I haven't seen anything about it yet.
Old 10-18-2008, 04:00 AM
Send a message via ICQ to tankdvr1950

try this web page

http://www.petswelcome.com/

i found this doing a Google search...it lists hotels everywhere that accept pets...some don't charge extra...some do

let me know if it works for you
Old 10-18-2008, 10:43 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I am digressing, but Boomer does it all the time. My kitties will not be outside,when we are in TV, just on the Lanai. Can furry children get fleas from being out there?
Smple answer: YES

Worse yet, I know of at least one instance where friends had an enclosed lanai and the cats still picked up fleas. The theory we came up with was that people were bringing them in on their shoes. The fleas got really bad here after TS Fay.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 10-18-2008, 12:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Smple answer: YES

Worse yet, I know of at least one instance where friends had an enclosed lanai and the cats still picked up fleas. The theory we came up with was that people were bringing them in on their shoes. The fleas got really bad here after TS Fay.
Thank you RED!!. Do we have a hug smilie? Forwarned, Forarmed. They ain't gonna like a flea collar.
Old 10-18-2008, 12:56 PM

Hi JoC,

I, also, am originally from Queens, NY; Rantoul,Il; Malverne, LI; then Stormville, NY. I love Rhinebeck and usually visit there once a year. I wish you well in your new home. I know you'll love it at TV.

Belle
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.