Need your help

Closed Thread
Old 02-05-2018, 08:18 PM
Sage
Default Need your help

I had a very nice lady call me this evening asking if I knew anyone who could add pockets to some of her clothes. She has an insulin pump and I believe another kind of medical device she needs to be able to carry around with her. (I head up a craft class so she thought maybe we did sewing in my class....we don’t) I felt I wanted to help her if I could, as she is not computer savvy and don’t feel she could post on this site to ask for help.

Does anyone know of someone who could help her? I expect a seamstress would be able to help or if someone is handy with a sewing machine they could help.

Thanks for your suggestions....
Old 02-05-2018, 08:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

There are seamstresses around, and perhaps if you did a search on TOTV you might come up with some who have been recommended. I do know a couple have stopped taking new customers. The drycleaners in Wildwood on 301 does alterations, and you might try there. I have used them for hemming. They do a fine job with that, but I don't know about their other work. Good luck to this lady. I hope she can find someone, and thank you for trying to help her, happinow.
Old 02-05-2018, 08:40 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

You might have her contact one or more of the quilting guilds in The Villages. Many if not most of their members have sewing machines with all the bells and whistles and a sewing aptitude that goes well beyond quilting. And most of them are very willing to contribute their time to someone in need in the community. Good Luck to her.
Old 02-05-2018, 09:00 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
You might have her contact one or more of the quilting guilds in The Villages. Many if not most of their members have sewing machines with all the bells and whistles and a sewing aptitude that goes well beyond quilting. And most of them are very willing to contribute their time to someone in need in the community. Good Luck to her.
Great idea! Thank you....
Old 02-05-2018, 09:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,353 Times in 2,392 Posts

There are three sewing clubs on the list of clubs.
Village Community Development Districts Under recreation tab

Tags
class, sewing, don’t, computer, savvy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.