Need your help ... again : )

Closed Thread
Old 08-14-2019, 07:23 PM
Default Need your help ... again : )

Last edited by Nonni252; 09-25-2019 at 10:37 PM.
Old 08-14-2019, 08:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,665 Times in 594 Posts

yes, that's the norm, afternoon showers is a summertime pattern.
Old 08-14-2019, 08:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,496 Times in 3,100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonni252 View Post
I've been checking the weather reports from TV and it looks like it's been raining most days and from posts on TOTV, it seems like the rain is mainly in the afternoon. We'll be there soon to look at houses and our appointments with agents are in the afternoon. I'm not much of a morning person but maybe I'd better change those appointments to the morning. Is that the pattern for showers in TV - mostly in the afternoon at this time of year? Thanks again for all the help.
This is hurricane season. So yes it typically rains in the afternoon. I would actually recommend that you visit the homes while it's raining. Here's why:

You would presumably be living in the Villages, if you choose to buy a home here. That means you'll be living in the best weather, and the worst, that comes through the area. If you visit when it's a miserable day, and think, "you know, I can live with this for a couple months out of the year" then you'll know this might definitely be the place for you.
Old 08-14-2019, 08:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,046 Times in 2,737 Posts

During the summer it can rain at anytime, but I have found that from about 2 PM to late evening to be the hardest time to plan outdoor activities. Being on a peninsula, with the gulf of mexico on one side and the atlantic ocean on the other, the weather is very unpredictable.
Old 08-14-2019, 08:10 PM

It's mostly periodic showers which don't last long.

Don't let the rain stop you -- just carry a collapsible umbrella and wear sneakers!
Old 08-14-2019, 09:09 PM

at least they are not slapping a water sur charge on us for lack of rain.....yet
Old 08-14-2019, 09:26 PM

I believe you will see what you need to see no matter the weather. So often you will “just know” when you find the right house. I don’t mean to say it is an emotional decision (it should not be, but at times it is), you should have a list of MUST HAVES and a list of WANTS. Prepare this ahead of time, and at the end of each day review what you saw against those lists. Rank the homes daily and this MAY help you narrow your choices. Also, I have found in The Villages, property moves much faster than in other markets. Don’t be discouraged by this... keep looking. You will (I believe) eventually find what fills your need and most of your desires too. It took us over 18 months of watching and then making a trip...
Old 08-14-2019, 10:12 PM
Sage

Plus rain can be spotty. You can be in one area of The Villages where the sun is shining and then travel to another where it is pouring. Weather here is unpredictable for the most part. IF you've not lived in the south before, the rains can be like a monsoon OR they can be more of a shower. Heard on the radio there's 3 kinds of rains here. #1 is where it's just a spritz and very light (no umbrella needed) #2 is more of a rain-shower and you may or may not want an umbrella #3 is a deluge/monsoon type and you may want to remain inside til it passes OR have a very large umbrella. Don't let the weather keep you from enjoying the area!!
Old 08-15-2019, 08:54 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Just bring a travel umbrella and you'll be fine. I kinda enjoy the rain myself. It sets the mood for my afternoon nap.
Old 08-15-2019, 09:06 AM
Investment Painting Contractors Investment Painting Contractors is offline
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
Just bring a travel umbrella and you'll be fine. I kinda enjoy the rain myself. It sets the mood for my afternoon nap.
(AMEN) Nicely put Len
Old 08-15-2019, 09:38 AM
Platinum member

Also study the floor plans so you can get an idea of what model you like. That saves a lot of time. Before we came we knew we wanted a Gardenia because of the separate master bedroom closets and separate vanities. Saved us from a lot of stupid arguments.
Closed Thread

Tags
afternoon, appointments, morning, person, pattern

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.