Village Homes

Closed Thread
Old 11-21-2007, 07:20 PM
Default Village Homes

A question for the general group. My wife and I a very sure we want to move to The Villages, sometime in the next 4 years, but for now, with elderly parents still to take care of, a permanent move is out of the question. The question is, If I purchase a manufactured home on a lot in Orange Blossom, or Silver Lake and decide 4 years down the road it needs replacing, can I put in a new one, or are there strict rules on what can be put in. Can I put up a stick built, or does it need to be a double wide trailer ? As we only live 60 miles away weekends in a single wide would be fine, but when we move here I think we want something larger.
Thank You
gary
Deltona, Fl
Old 11-21-2007, 07:26 PM
Platinum member
Default Re: Village Homes

Look around the "historic" side of The Villages and you will see new manufactured homes replacing older units as well as "site built" homes, both "Stick" and "CBS". It's your land, so it is your choice. However the house design must pass "TV Architectual Review Board" and "Lake County Building Department" codes too.

Skip
Old 11-21-2007, 08:30 PM
Sage

In the Historic section (East of 441)you can buy a single wide trailer on a 4K - 5K SF lot or so for around $75K or so and (after obtaining permits and approvals) put in a new home that blends in with the area. Happens all the time - drive around the area and you'll see newer type homes next to the original ones.

A double wide manufactured home of about 1200 SF might run around, a guess - $75K installed. So for around $150K you get a new home with 30 yr old trees right across the golf cart bridge from Spanish Springs.
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 11-21-2007, 08:40 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Or you can buy a patio villa south of 466 in the $150,000 range.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.