Never ending dust accumulation!?!?

Closed Thread
Old 03-23-2019, 02:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Our first two houses were in the building zone first on the street. Ok there should be lots of dust, but building has been done, lawns are in, and yet I could dust every day, I don’t but I should
Old 03-23-2019, 02:54 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,325 Times in 1,441 Posts

I clean our Lanai and vacuum the floor and cushions every Sunday as whatever pollen/dust is on the tables is also on the cushion fabric and I don't care to sit in it or track it into the house. I wash the floor every second week and it is always very dirty. Last Sunday was the worst since we moved here, everything was covered heavily with green/yellow pollen, doesn't look so bad today but I'll find out more tomorrow morning, I guess it depends on the wind direction during the week.
Old 03-23-2019, 02:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

I've heard that a lot of it comes from the felons breaking rocks...at the Coleman prison.

Old 03-23-2019, 05:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
I've heard that a lot of it comes from the felons breaking rocks...at the Coleman prison.

Must be a strong wind to get up to Us. I now cover my outdoor furniture, the pollen alone is a pain to get off tables and chairs
Old 03-28-2019, 09:51 AM

Its just not only the fine dark dust in the lanai but also the fine dark dust on the inside tile floors as well as fine dust on the carpets. Don't know where it is coming from but I keep the windows closed and take our shoes off in the house and the dust is back on the tile floors three or four days after swiffing.
Definitely a Florida thing...BTW filters and duct work all cleaned out.
Old 03-28-2019, 01:45 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladimir View Post
Its just not only the fine dark dust in the lanai but also the fine dark dust on the inside tile floors as well as fine dust on the carpets. Don't know where it is coming from but I keep the windows closed and take our shoes off in the house and the dust is back on the tile floors three or four days after swiffing.
Definitely a Florida thing...BTW filters and duct work all cleaned out.
I have greatly reduced the dust accumulation inside the house by changing to MERV 11 A/C filters from the MERV 8 that most people use.
Old 03-28-2019, 02:16 PM
Veteran member

We installed a Carrier Infinity air filter which is MERV15. It made a big difference.

One of the things that Sunshine did as part of the install was to go into the attic and tape up all the joints in the flexible ducts. It took him over an hour to do it. Makes me think that the air ducts joints might be drawing in some dust.
Old 03-28-2019, 05:51 PM
Platinum member
Exclamation Dustier Places?

Dustier places?

Well, yes. I spent some time in southwest Kansas years ago. Remember the "dust bowl?"

And there's west Texas, in the desert area.

I've never lived in New Mexico, Arizona, or Nevada, but suspect that there are some arid, dusty areas out there.

The dustiest place in North America, and second dustiest in the world, goes to the Owens Valley in California. (You could look it up.)

Old 03-28-2019, 06:47 PM
Talking

I live in the Spanish Springs part of town, NO dust here. We leave the windows closed and have zero dust.
Closed Thread

Tags
dust, accumulation, begins, show, days

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.