New antenna for WVLG

Closed Thread
Old 10-06-2018, 10:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,316 Times in 870 Posts

Remember when FM had no commercials? Ahhhhh

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 10-07-2018, 04:24 PM

WVLG is going to put up a translator antenna to rebroadcast 640 am on a very tiny small coverage fm signal......as you know they are streaming for the last 4 months but are not talking about it on air wonder why
Old 10-08-2018, 04:13 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutman View Post
WVLG is going to put up a translator antenna to rebroadcast 640 am on a very tiny small coverage fm signal......as you know they are streaming for the last 4 months but are not talking about it on air wonder why
Good point - I wonder why WVLG announcers aren't mentioning that they are now streaming on the internet?
Old 10-28-2018, 02:25 PM

Very often with FM towers you'll see one or more rings about a foot in diameter at or near the top. That's the actual antenna, the rest of the structure is the mast. In AM, depending on where the antenna is fed its signal, the height of the tower is in a mathematical relationship with the frequency it's transmitting and the entire structure radiates the signal. So, if this tower is about the same height as the original and has no loop antennas attached, it's AM.
Old 11-04-2018, 08:04 AM

wvlg to fm is on hold the station manager aka the owners girlfriend has no clue
Old 11-07-2018, 09:30 AM
Location: Rockville, MD and Sawgrass Villas, Village of St. James

Here is the link to the FCC authorization to mount the FM antenna oi the WVLG tower.

https://licensing.fcc.gov/prod/cdbs/...es/1775945.pdf
Old 11-15-2018, 01:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,162 Times in 833 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioman41 View Post
It appears WVLG is planning to also broadcast on 102.7 FM at 250 watts. This may give them better coverage in the new villages. The details are depicted below in the application to the FCC.

https://licensing.fcc.gov/cdbs/CDBS_...um=1&exhcnum=1
I wrote to the media group that filed that form, a Christian broadcasting company that is Z88.3 and asked if this new equipment was for rebroadcast of the WVLG signal or for their Christian programming.

Answer "We will be continuing broadcasting Z88.3 FM from the tower."
Old 11-15-2018, 10:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
I wrote to the media group that filed that form, a Christian broadcasting company that is Z88.3 and asked if this new equipment was for rebroadcast of the WVLG signal or for their Christian programming.

Answer "We will be continuing broadcasting Z88.3 FM from the tower."
They really didn't answer your question, but there can be multiple broadcasters renting space on an existing towers.

A friend of mine in Springfield NJ owns commercial properties and built a 150' tower at one of them on the busiest road in NJ which he rents space to 2 cell carriers, 2 low power broadcast stations, 3 ham radio repeaters (free of charge), a tow company, Audi dealership and the local police and fire dept. BIG BIG BUCKS to be made. The equipment room looks like the space station. This tower can be multi-use.
Old 11-16-2018, 08:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,162 Times in 833 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
They really didn't answer your question, but there can be multiple broadcasters renting space on an existing towers.

A friend of mine in Springfield NJ owns commercial properties and built a 150' tower at one of them on the busiest road in NJ which he rents space to 2 cell carriers, 2 low power broadcast stations, 3 ham radio repeaters (free of charge), a tow company, Audi dealership and the local police and fire dept. BIG BIG BUCKS to be made. The equipment room looks like the space station. This tower can be multi-use.
Yes they did answer my question. Z88 does not own the tower as your friend does. They only own a single license for a single frequency to be used for broadcasting. They can only broadcast one signal. Either that signal would be WVLG's AM signal sent over FM, or it would be Z88's Christian programming. They answered the question.
Old 11-16-2018, 02:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts
Default New antenna for WVLG

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
Yes they did answer my question. Z88 does not own the tower as your friend does. They only own a single license for a single frequency to be used for broadcasting. They can only broadcast one signal. Either that signal would be WVLG's AM signal sent over FM, or it would be Z88's Christian programming. They answered the question.

Sorry, I guess I misunderstood. I thought you specifically asked them if WVLJ would be broadcasting from that tower and they simply replied that THEY would continue to broadcast but did not directly answer if another station would share the tower with another transmitter.
"If one has no sense of humor, one is in trouble."
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 11-16-2018, 02:53 PM
Location: Rockville, MD and Sawgrass Villas, Village of St. James

In my previous post I attached the FCC grant letter issued 2/7/18 which authorized the move of translator W274BR, owned by CENTRAL FLORIDA EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION, INC. to move to WVLG's tower and re-transmit its signal on 102.7 FM. I don't know how they can do anything other than what the FCC authorized unless they go back to the FCC. WVLG must have a deal with the owner of the license to make this move.

I guess we will have to wait to see what happens.
Closed Thread

Tags
antenna, communications, knowledgeable, application, fcc

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.