new bridges, 2 over sr 44, 2 over tpke.,

Closed Thread
Old 09-25-2018, 07:56 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Thanks for the excellent update, but where are the Championship courses. Seems to be a major omission in the planning of the growth?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
One 18 hole championship course close to the proximity of the turnpike service plaza from what I've heard.
A championship course is planned for the area east of the turnpike, in the future Village of Bradford. As stated, this is east of the Okahumpka Service Plaza. See attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf VOSO Daily Sun 2018-08-15.pdf (1.62 MB, 105 views)
Old 09-25-2018, 08:14 AM

There's obviously no satisfying the OP on this topic. Yet I don't see a single reply agreeing with it. Apparently The Villages is all of a sudden okay with building infrastructure that will, ultimately, lead to nowhere because the city, county, or state is going to nix any plans to finish it. As with most anything in life - follow the money! Or, in this case, follow the potential tax revenue.
Old 09-25-2018, 09:53 AM

Please relax and enjoy the ride, "New Yorker". People here have overcome larger obstacles than where they are from. The Villages is for real and one thing they do, and will continue to do, is "under-promise, and over-deliver". I hope you will enjoy the adventure as much as most of the rest of us do. There is no overwhelming interest here in what you did in your prior life or where you are from. Think of The Villages as a "do-over" where you can start fresh and will be happy.
Old 09-26-2018, 09:28 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbydebby View Post
seen it growth of the villages web site, yet one person not even talking about it. is it a done deal, over st44 and over fla. tpke. , twice ??????…. seems like villages hype and not true..... anybody out there know better ? thanks
Last week The Village sun published pictures and facts about bridges. no here-say in that
Old 09-26-2018, 10:18 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,674 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditka41 View Post
Please relax and enjoy the ride, "New Yorker". People here have overcome larger obstacles than where they are from. The Villages is for real and one thing they do, and will continue to do, is "under-promise, and over-deliver". I hope you will enjoy the adventure as much as most of the rest of us do. There is no overwhelming interest here in what you did in your prior life or where you are from. Think of The Villages as a "do-over" where you can start fresh and will be happy.
That is a wonderful post and I believe the vast majority of us totally agree with you. We used to be responsible adults with many competing priorities in our lives and now we feel like young teen-agers just trying to enjoy every day. A "do-over" is a great description.
Old 09-26-2018, 02:11 PM

I haven't seen any evidence of recreation "centers" being built in the new areas south of SR 44, only recreation "areas" most of which don't include meeting rooms, card rooms, kitchens, and billiard rooms. It worries me because residents in these areas will want to form neighborhood groups and will not have any place to meet. I hope I'm wrong and the developer has plans for recreation centers like we have north of 44.
Old 09-26-2018, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDat View Post
I haven't seen any evidence of recreation "centers" being built in the new areas south of SR 44, only recreation "areas" most of which don't include meeting rooms, card rooms, kitchens, and billiard rooms. It worries me because residents in these areas will want to form neighborhood groups and will not have any place to meet. I hope I'm wrong and the developer has plans for recreation centers like we have north of 44.
Right now, all we have is the Fenney rec center. That concerns me a bit as the other villages in the Fenney side of 468 get built out and any snowbirds start flocking in. There is a regional rec center coming just across 468 and I believe another rec center over that way somewhere as well. It does seem like we'll be at least 1 shy of what is minimally reasonable once this are gets built out as planned.
Old 09-26-2018, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageIdiots View Post
Right now, all we have is the Fenney rec center. That concerns me a bit as the other villages in the Fenney side of 468 get built out and any snowbirds start flocking in. There is a regional rec center coming just across 468 and I believe another rec center over that way somewhere as well. It does seem like we'll be at least 1 shy of what is minimally reasonable once this are gets built out as planned.
Agree. We love living in Fenney but we're also concerned about what the situation will be with rec centers. Some of the classes at Fenney Rec are near capacity and some have had people turned away, and we're not even in the winter season. Even now we have to go early to get a spot in some classes, so what's going to happen once all these homes they're building down here get sold? I'm sure many will say we're worrying about nothing and I hope so, but it's not fun having to go early and then stand around hoping you get a spot in the classes.
Old 09-27-2018, 05:37 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Are there any plans for a regional center near Fenney. I have admit I have been turned away from classes at colony
Old 09-27-2018, 05:58 AM
Default like i sais all along

just asked if anybody seen hard facts, these bridges have been approved by local, county or state goverments. so after 2000 views and 38 replys and nobody saying anything, answer NO thank you all builder hype, nothing set in stone.
and lets, make it clear, ii'm closing in desoto in mid November, so yes it does affect us... and with that I will not bother you guys anymore, because you know just as much as I do...… NOTHING
Old 09-27-2018, 06:08 AM
Sage

I am not sure I see your point. As indicated in post #34, the plans for the bridges over the Florida Turnpike and 44 were published in the Sun (The Villages daily newspaper) and I believe the timeframe for golf cart access to the new areas is still in 2020. While I haven't been here as long as many others, I am pretty sure they only publish things that are actually going to happen. If none of this floats your boat then you will have to start making some phone calls to satisfy your curiosity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbydebby View Post
just asked if anybody seen hard facts, these bridges have been approved by local, county or state goverments. so after 2000 views and 38 replys and nobody saying anything, answer NO thank you all builder hype, nothing set in stone.
and lets, make it clear, ii'm closing in desoto in mid November, so yes it does affect us... and with that I will not bother you guys anymore, because you know just as much as I do...… NOTHING
Old 09-27-2018, 08:04 AM

I say it's probably time to stop indulging this troll. It doesn't matter what you say, they will come back with something else to further stir the pot. Fact based media reporting doesn't satisfy the question. They could probably be out there working on the turnpike bridge right now and the OP would still be here arguing that there is no proof that they will actually finish it. And what does it say about the OP, if this is such a concern with so much doubt, yet they purchased property anyway all the while complaining as if this is a deal breaker?
Old 09-27-2018, 08:34 AM
Default Dear idiot

maybe its me, AND it always is, ok here we go,

I ASKED ONE QUESTION, AND ONLY ONE, DID ANYBODY, SEE A FACT ,STATING THAT THE CITY, THE COUNTY, OR THE STATE OF FLORIDA AS SIGNED OFF ON THESE BRIDGES, SORRY YOU PEOPLE DON'T YET IT

ALL I ASK...…. SHOW ME PROOF... ANYBODY?

TRUSH ME I CHECH IT EVERYDAY, OK WILL TRY TO STOP THIS POST BECAUSE PEOPLE HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M SAYING...………. GOODNITE

PLEASE SHOW ME PAPERWORK WITH GOVERMENT, SHOWING ITS SET IN STONE

AND I'M THE BAD GUY, ASK 1 SIMPLE QUESTION, GEEEEEEESSSSS
Old 09-27-2018, 09:24 AM
Default Hello

[sweize="7"][/size]\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Old 09-27-2018, 09:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

You should really be reading TV newspaper, the Daily Sun, they have articles about plans and progress weekly if not daily. Here's a rendering of the northern most Turnpike Bridge.

When we had our LSV in spring 2011 we found the Daily Sun was in our driveway everyday courtesy of TV. After moving here June 2011 we got our subscription and I always start my day off with reading the paper. When we moved here in 2011 there no homes south of 466A. In just 7 years everything south of Colony Plaza and Pinellas Plaza has been built. In fact Buena Vista didn't even connect to 466A, it was a dead end at Turtle Mound Executive.

If a subscription is not practical to you, they have a website, here's a link.

The Villages Daily Sun | Trusted Villages news, weather, events, and more.

The Villages Florida

Two bridges are being developed to traverse the Florida Turnpike. The northern bridge, shown in this rendering, will cross near the Village of De Luna, an area between Brownwood Paddock Square and the Village of Fenney, providing golf cart access to villages in the southern region.

July 23, 2018 The Daily Sun

The Developer’s promise of expanded golf cart connectivity became visible over the past week with a mobile construction crane signaling a new phase of work on the first multimodal link to the Village of Southern Oaks.

It was mid-March when The Villages development team unveiled a first look at the extensive roadway and multimodal network that will connect the community’s recreational amenities and the Developer’s commercial assets north of State Road 44 with the fast-growing neighborhoods south of the state highway.

Over the coming year, the Developer anticipates completing a multimodal path extension, reminiscent of the old steel trestle bridges, east of the Barnstorm Theater and across a Florida Department of Transportation retention pond.

It will then connect with a multimodal bridge across SR 44 and then into Southern Oaks, replete with the weathered-look of corten steel, curved trusses and large pillars, where it then will connect with a series of multimodal trails and tunnels into new neighborhoods under development.

While creating fun routes for golf cart drivers, this interconnected transportation system also plays a big role in reducing the traffic impact throughout Southern Oaks, The Villages land planner Mike Pape said.

“These structures will not only add to the ease of movement throughout The Villages community, but they will continue to be a fun, celebratory sense of arrival and departure for years to come,” he said.

Also: Southern Oaks development remains on a fast track, with the Wildwood City Commission expected to approve three final plats in the Village of DeSoto at tonight’s regularly scheduled meeting. Once approved, the development then may pull permits and begin home building within those neighborhoods. The plat applications include Unit 18, which contains 79 single-family detached lots on 49.64 acres at County Road 501 and at the southeast corner of the intersection of Fenney Way and Warm Springs Avenue (formerly County Road 468); Unit 19, which contains 81 single-family detached lots on 20.84 acres at the southwest corner of Fenney Way and Warm Springs Avenue; and Haven Villages, which contains 60 single-family detached lots on 7.24 acres to the south of Unit 19.

Also: Development work in the Village of McClure, south of DeSoto, also continues at a fast pace. The north and east entry gates are now under construction. Work has been completed at the Willow Tree Recreation Area and postal center; and the Tall Pines executive golf course starter shack, restrooms and irrigation pump station.

Also: Activity stepped up of late on the north side of Warm Springs Avenue in the Village of Marsh Bend. Construction has started on the Marsh Bend guardhouse and entry feature and the Everglades postal center.

Also: Site work started and construction drawings are being reviewed for two fast-developing projects in Southern Oaks — The Villages Grown controlled organic farming operation and District Public Safety Station 47. The Developer plans to build controlled greenhouse operations, capable of producing the highest quality organic produce with high nutrient levels for wholesale and eventual retail sales, on 86 acres at the southwest corner of State Road 44 and Morse Boulevard. And the Developer plans to build a 10,282-square-foot public safety building on a 3.5-acre site on the east side of the Morse Boulevard expansion (formerly CR 468) and about three-quarters of a mile south of SR 44.

Also: Reader interest continues to flow in at steady pace now that the Developer has started site work at the Lofts at Brownwood. Many of the callers indicated they submitted requests through the Developer’s website, thevillages.com/thelofts, for more information about the 265 age-restricted, apartment-style living units at the southeast corner of Powell Road and County Road 44A at Brownwood. It will include covered parking, a pool with pavilion, a clubhouse, a dog park and a mail center. And residents will have full access to The Villages’ amenities through a monthly amenity fee, plus golf cart access to all recreational and commercial services in the community. Because of the scope of the project, the Developer recently secured development approval from the Wildwood commission to permanently close Brownwood Boulevard from Shady Nook Run to County Road 44A. As construction progresses, the Developer also anticipates closing Shady Nook Run east of Brownwood Boulevard.

Also: New home construction will begin soon at the nearby Atwood Bungalows at Brownwood in the Village of Collier, since the Wildwood commission approved the final plat at a recent meeting.
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, tpke, deal, ??????…, st44

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.