New Bridges coming!

Closed Thread
Old 02-17-2018, 12:38 PM
Default New Bridges coming!

For those of you living out of town with homes in TV, check out Skip Smith on YouTube. His video “Sinkhole and Bridge Update” shows the latest info on where the new cart bridges will be and other new amenities. If you are away and unable to read The Village Sun, this video is excellent!
Old 02-17-2018, 01:28 PM
Default Skip

I watch all of Skip's video, he is the best, cuts thru all the BS...
Old 02-17-2018, 06:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,048 Times in 2,738 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPelota View Post
For those of you living out of town with homes in TV, check out Skip Smith on YouTube. His video “Sinkhole and Bridge Update” shows the latest info on where the new cart bridges will be and other new amenities. If you are away and unable to read The Village Sun, this video is excellent!
Just watched the video, thanks for pointing it out. Looks like there are lots of plans for the new southern build out including lots of amenities and three golf cart bridges. However, it was very disappointed that the map did not appear to include any new championship golf courses. Does anyone know what the plans are regarding new championship golf courses?
Old 02-17-2018, 06:29 PM

I agree, 5 planned villages and not one championship course. Appears to be a glaring omission. However, I understand there will be a Southern Oaks course located bordering east of 468 and south of 470
Old 02-17-2018, 06:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,048 Times in 2,738 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswintberg View Post
I agree, 5 planned villages and not one championship course. Appears to be a glaring omission. However, I understand there will be a Southern Oaks course located bordering east of 468 and south of 470
You would think it would be difficult to sell homes down there without concrete advertised plans to add at least one Championship course? One of my favorite things about the Villages is the ability to load up the golf cart in our garage and be able to get to 8 different championship courses in a half hour or less. And the other 4 courses are only between about 35 and 50 minutes away. Where else could this be done?
Old 02-18-2018, 07:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

I seriously doubt that they're going to try to build a bridge over the turnpike. A bridge across the turnpike would have to be very high and 100 yards or more long. Since the turnpike is an interstate road, the federal government would have to be involved in any new existing bridges.

I saw a plan that showed a cart path running alongside 468 and then heading north-west parallel to the turnpike and eventually crossing 468 just south of Brownwood. That seems like a more feasible plan.

I can't recall where I saw it, but I'm thinking that it was posted here on TOTV.

And yes, it's going to be a hard sell with only two executive courses and no championships. Even if they build a championship course, residents in those Villages would be restricted to that one course unless they want to travel a long way in their golf carts.

The nearest championship course is Bonifay and that about 5 miles as the crow flies and I'm guessing 8-10 miles by golf cart. And that's the closest.

I have friends who will be moving to The Villages in March. They are considering Fenny and I strongly recommended against it. Unless you like being isolated from the rest of The Villages, and lot of people might, this is not the area for you.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 02-18-2018, 08:06 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
I seriously doubt that they're going to try to build a bridge over the turnpike. A bridge across the turnpike would have to be very high and 100 yards or more long. Since the turnpike is an interstate road, the federal government would have to be involved in any new existing bridges.

I saw a plan that showed a cart path running alongside 468 and then heading north-west parallel to the turnpike and eventually crossing 468 just south of Brownwood. That seems like a more feasible plan.

I can't recall where I saw it, but I'm thinking that it was posted here on TOTV.

And yes, it's going to be a hard sell with only two executive courses and no championships. Even if they build a championship course, residents in those Villages would be restricted to that one course unless they want to travel a long way in their golf carts.

The nearest championship course is Bonifay and that about 5 miles as the crow flies and I'm guessing 8-10 miles by golf cart. And that's the closest.

I have friends who will be moving to The Villages in March. They are considering Fenny and I strongly recommended against it. Unless you like being isolated from the rest of The Villages, and lot of people might, this is not the area for you.

The Turnpike is a state road, SR91.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-18-2018, 08:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

When you go to the sales office the map has the golf cart bridges on it. Bridges were pointed out to us in October.
Old 02-18-2018, 09:13 AM

When the whole new area south of 44 is developed it will be quite large. And, as we all have seen, the development could continue. We haven't seen what are in the plans yet for the area west of Fenney including across 301 to I-75. So don't write off another championship course or two for that area. And even if the turnpike bridge never happens being isolated from the rest of the Villages doesn't necessarily make their world small. It will be a VERY large part of TV even without golf cart access to/for the rest of us.
Old 02-18-2018, 09:31 AM

The bridge over the pike is already there use to be a farmers equipment overpass.
Old 02-18-2018, 09:50 AM
Sage

:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmorhome View Post
The bridge over the pike is already there use to be a farmers equipment overpass.
Old 02-18-2018, 12:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

I remember back when the chatter was who would buy in the villages around the "proposed" Brownwood.....so far from everybody and everything....nothing down there.....ditto much of what has been said in this thread.

Fenney is temporarily disconnected. When it fills in it will be continuous.

Is that such a big deal?

Does anybody who lives in Chatham (for example) feel more connected to a home in Brownwood area and disconnected from Fenney?
And what about residents on the historic side? I don't think connectivity to anywhere south of 441 is a big deal for them!

The unknown always invites speculation, and wag (wild a$$ guessing).

The Villages just builds it and the new folks just keep coming.....like the past 30 years!!!
Old 02-18-2018, 03:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
I remember back when the chatter was who would buy in the villages around the "proposed" Brownwood.....so far from everybody and everything....nothing down there.....ditto much of what has been said in this thread.

Fenney is temporarily disconnected. When it fills in it will be continuous.

Is that such a big deal?

Does anybody who lives in Chatham (for example) feel more connected to a home in Brownwood area and disconnected from Fenney?
And what about residents on the historic side? I don't think connectivity to anywhere south of 441 is a big deal for them!

The unknown always invites speculation, and wag (wild a$$ guessing).

The Villages just builds it and the new folks just keep coming.....like the past 30 years!!!
we bought in pennacamp and had many who told us it was so far removed no one would live there much less be able to sell.
Old 02-18-2018, 05:43 PM
Gold member
Default Championship courses will be added

All in due time.....
The developer knows what sells homes. They are not releasing all the plans now. We will receive news a bit at a time, as always. That gives us something to look forward to, right?
I just think they have been brilliant with their development so far. If that wasn’t the case, none of us would be here now!
Old 02-20-2018, 01:01 PM
Veteran member

We love being down Brownwood way. More amenities, younger demographic, easy access to the turnpike and elsewhere for wonderful country drives. shopping will come now that just about all of 466a to 44 is built and the growth down Fenney way.
Closed Thread

Tags
video, bridges, amenities, cart, unable

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.