New Bridges coming!

Closed Thread
Old 02-21-2018, 09:17 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
The nearest championship course is Bonifay and that about 5 miles as the crow flies and I'm guessing 8-10 miles by golf cart. And that's the closest.
It may just be my own sense of direction but wouldn't both Belle Glade and Evans Prairie be closer?
Old 02-21-2018, 09:42 AM
Gold member

If you love golf, this could be a problem for those who choose to live down there. Bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
Old 02-21-2018, 10:12 AM
Default Championship Courses

There are 12 Championship courses, and about 75 Villages from Brownwood north.

The new development has introduced about 6 new Villages. I would expect an announcement within the next year about a new course.
Old 02-21-2018, 10:18 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,511 Times in 710 Posts

Of course none of us are a part of the inner circle to know exactly what is planned for the future of The Villages. What was shared with the city of Wildwood in May of last year was a proposed master plan for the VOSO area that showed what is obviously a championship course along the turnpike. I would be shocked if this is the only one planned.

Like everything these plans are subject to change and undoubtedly will change as the areas continue to develop. What likely will not change is the elimination of the turnpike exit at CR468, based on the plans that have been made public the NE, NW, & SW corners of the intersection are already full. For the exit to even be a commuter exit (like US27) you need considerable land on at least two corners of the intersection, none of which is now available.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Capture 084 Jan. 12 05.44.jpg
Views:	510
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	74098   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Capture 083 Dec. 29 07.02.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	74099  
Old 02-21-2018, 10:49 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,308 Times in 542 Posts
Default Championship courses

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishJW View Post
It may just be my own sense of direction but wouldn't both Belle Glade and Evans Prairie be closer?
For those residents south of Rt 44 (Village of Fenney) Belle Glade slightly closer in driving time and Evans Prairie and Bonifay pretty much the same by car. None of the three would be more than 4 or 5 minutes difference by car. You could put Havana in the mix too.

No doubt in my mind there will be one or perhaps more golf courses built south of Rt. 44. Patience.....
Old 02-21-2018, 01:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,884 Times in 2,430 Posts

Are there cattle crossing in the area under turnpike? Which would make prefect golf cart tunnel?
Old 02-21-2018, 02:24 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Are there cattle crossing in the area under turnpike? Which would make prefect golf cart tunnel?
There are no crossings under the turnpike, only the Bailey Bridge south of the service plaza going over that is a cattle crossing form when the turnpike cut the farm in half 40 years ago. The Villages owns the land on the north side of the turnpike/bridge but currently not the south. It's not a difficult dig to find it is only a matter of time for them to own the land on the south side and make the cattle bridge a golf cart bridge.
Old 02-25-2018, 08:03 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post

Like everything these plans are subject to change and undoubtedly will change as the areas continue to develop. What likely will not change is the elimination of the turnpike exit at CR468, based on the plans that have been made public the NE, NW, & SW corners of the intersection are already full. For the exit to even be a commuter exit (like US27) you need considerable land on at least two corners of the intersection, none of which is now available.
Refer to my topic on Revisiting the 468 exit. FDOT appears to have taken over this project for 2019 completion. Part of the post Irma planning.
Old 02-27-2018, 10:36 PM

GWN, just curious, where did you find this info.? When I went to the FDOT website I saw Turnpike widening from 468 to I-75, but nothing mentioned about a new interchange/exit at SR468.
Old 02-27-2018, 11:45 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-flyer View Post
GWN, just curious, where did you find this info.? When I went to the FDOT website I saw Turnpike widening from 468 to I-75, but nothing mentioned about a new interchange/exit at SR468.
The cattle bridge info came from an old Lakeland FL newspaper clipping I found about a year ago.

There is currently no plan for an exit at 468 based on an article about 18 months ago in the Daily Sun that the decision was made to not build the exit and instead improve the US301 exit.

All the land on all four sides of the intersection of SR92 and CR468 is owned by The Villages development company according to the data available on sumterpa.com. All recent plans and designs show TV developing the entire area around the intersection, most of these plans can be found at the city of Wildwood web site.

With development now planned to go down to and beyond CR470 and having a main road (Buena Vista?) running from CR470 to CR468 to Brownwood AND CR501 is being widened and will run from CR470 north to CR468 and likely beyond there is little need for the CR468 exit.

Any post-Irma plans will most assuredly be squashed by the aggressive construction that is already in motion at the crossing. Would it really serve much purpose anyway? There is no existing facilities and no land to build them nearby that isn't already under control of The Villages and the city of Wildwood that would provide any substantial relief during a hurricane evacuation.
Old 02-28-2018, 08:59 AM
Default Moving to TV very soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPelota View Post
For those of you living out of town with homes in TV, check out Skip Smith on YouTube. His video “Sinkhole and Bridge Update” shows the latest info on where the new cart bridges will be and other new amenities. If you are away and unable to read The Village Sun, this video is excellent!
Thanks to Skip, I will be moving soon to the Villages. I have watched all his videos on YouTube and coming down next month to purchase a home or villa. All of Skip's videos are excellent and anyone thinking of moving to the Villages, should watch them.
Old 03-01-2018, 11:10 PM

My bad, I meant to respond to Aloha1 about their posting of this.

"Interesting note in the Article in Today's Daily Sun about post Irma FDOT plans to widen the Turnpike to 6 lanes. States that the 468 turnpike interchange will be funded for 2019. Widening then planned for 2023 from Lake/Sumter county line to 468 interchange and from there to I 75 in 2025. Page C4. Looks like the State is now picking up the costs."

When I went to FDOT, I saw the plans for widening SR92, but it didn't mention a 468 turnpike interchange.
Old 03-01-2018, 11:29 PM
Gold member

That's why homes north of 466 will always be in demand. Much closer to the golf courses and shopping too.
Old 03-01-2018, 11:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottoguy View Post
That's why homes north of 466 will always be in demand. Much closer to the golf courses and shopping too.

In demand, but not as valuable as those south of 466A.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-01-2018, 11:34 PM
Gold member

Actually the areas in the north are getting younger too. After all the people who bought these homes 15 years ago are now either dying or moving back north because their spouse died. Some older folks moved into assisted living.
Closed Thread

Tags
video, bridges, amenities, cart, unable

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.