Entertainment at the squares and opening of the pools.

Closed Thread
Old 09-18-2020, 08:06 AM
Default Entertainment at the squares and opening of the pools.

We are planning to return to TV next month. Any update on when the entertainment will start again? Are the recreation centers and pools open? Thanks
Old 09-18-2020, 08:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,008 Times in 1,003 Posts

pools are open for the most part, not so sure about the rec centers. they're no concerts on the squares yet, but there are smaller venues, for example, Edna's on the green has music nightly with limited seating. i got an email saying Uncle Bob's Rock Shop is playing on some saturday's @ Hacienda Hills. restaurants are opening to more customers & i'm seeing more people shopping. BTW: Publix has removed directional arrows in the stores but still requires masks. Wynn Dixie never had the arrows & masks are a hit or miss
Old 09-18-2020, 08:22 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugMom View Post
<snip> I got an email saying Uncle Bob's Rock Shop is playing on some saturday's @ Hacienda Hills. <snip>
WHAT did the email say? Is UBRS playing among the rubble left at HHCC?
Old 09-18-2020, 08:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,937 Times in 5,277 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
You beat me to it

Last edited by Stu from NYC; 09-18-2020 at 10:27 AM.
Old 09-18-2020, 10:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

also Clark Barrios is playing at a number of country club venues and at City Fire periodically

there's stuff to do...it's just not like what it was yet
Old 09-18-2020, 11:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,156 Times in 1,919 Posts

Johnny Wild will be playing at Edna's On the Green September 23rd from 3pm to 6pm. He is going to draw a huge crowd. Does Edna's actually limit the amount of people that can see the entertainment?
Old 09-18-2020, 11:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Snark warning.

Pools are open. Rec centers open. No entertainment on the squares.

There are still lots of folks who want to be out and among 'em and germinate.

We have pretty much the same curtailment of wonderful times that are happening in your neck of the words and in Germany, Scotland and even the queen is not fannin' around as much as she did before this GLOBAL PANDEMIC.
Old 09-18-2020, 12:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 865 Posts

Rec centers are open but capacity limited. Most clubs are meeting via Zoom since membership is higher than capacity.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 09-18-2020, 12:57 PM

Has anyone else noticed that when people on here ask honest, up front questions with NO "political" or "emotional" biases, that most people honestly answer their requests or questions to the best of their ability; in a "good spirit" so to speak. And yet others seem to answer and then for some unknown motivation or reason, have to put some little dig, nasty, snarky, or sometimes just a word or two to add an emotional "emphasis" ? Do others out there see this in some of these replies ? Answering a perfectly logical and innocent question and then adding things like "germ spreaders", and many other such terms... it's kind of like answering politely then adding some kind of barb. WHAT motivates people like this.... any ideas ? I've seen the same thing happen if someone asks if a particular place is open. It's a SIMPLE question, but then I've seen people say things like (and this is a made up example), "Oh, yes, they're open.... IF you like a side of ventilator with your steak sandwich" ! What kind of people have to do things like that.... unfortunately, I know what this usually indicates. A range of things, but most are always linked to unhappiness. Hope one day this goes back to what it used to be, "barb and get-um" free !
Old 09-18-2020, 01:01 PM
Gold member

Johnny Wild plays every Monday at Lopez, 2 shows 600 and 800 ? They also play once a week at Havana.

Somehow, they figured out how to do entertainment at the defacto square south of 44 (Edna's on the Green) but they can't figure it out at the real squares.

However, in SS there is daily afternoon outdoor music at Amerikano's (2-4?) and Margarita Republic (4-8) . Indoor events at Margarita Republic (karaoke, DJ, trivia etc) most nights. Live music Thursday evening at WOB in SS, Live music Wed, Friday Saturday evenings at The Corkscrew in SS, I know the bar at Fiesta Bowl has entertainment most evenings also. I am probably missing some but this is a good start for Spanish Springs
Old 09-18-2020, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
I don't know the answer, sorry, but I did see on their website they play at Havana CC periodically. Did not see any future days for Sept. but perhaps they'll post Oct. soon on their website ! ? You can also check out the villages blues club site. They also list up coming events they are sponsoring.
Old 09-18-2020, 01:10 PM

They play at Havana CC at times, don't know about the construction/rubble site at Hacienda... last time I drove by the parking area was still pretty messed up to host an outdoor event ! ?
Old 09-18-2020, 01:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladygolfer93 View Post
Has anyone else noticed that when people on here ask honest, up front questions with NO "political" or "emotional" biases, that most people honestly answer their requests or questions to the best of their ability; in a "good spirit" so to speak. And yet others seem to answer and then for some unknown motivation or reason, have to put some little dig, nasty, snarky, or sometimes just a word or two to add an emotional "emphasis" ? Do others out there see this in some of these replies ? Answering a perfectly logical and innocent question and then adding things like "germ spreaders", and many other such terms... it's kind of like answering politely then adding some kind of barb. WHAT motivates people like this.... any ideas ? I've seen the same thing happen if someone asks if a particular place is open. It's a SIMPLE question, but then I've seen people say things like (and this is a made up example), "Oh, yes, they're open.... IF you like a side of ventilator with your steak sandwich" ! What kind of people have to do things like that.... unfortunately, I know what this usually indicates. A range of things, but most are always linked to unhappiness. Hope one day this goes back to what it used to be, "barb and get-um" free !
I don't know. It is the truth. People do do that. That does happen. Maybe because people are so tired of the questions posed that answers have been given to. Or maybe because people are suspicious that once again we are going to have the same discussion over and over and over. There is only a very few who can and do rise above being sarcastic at times. Sarcasm is often the way some people keep from exploding perhaps? We almost all do it. The person to whom I am answering this question does it. We just can't see our own selves sometimes. We are not going to change anyone's minds. Some people just get all huffy because they are so damn fond of living. I really like living very much. Not ready to leave yet. Trying to stay away from things that will kill me. I do tend to be sarcastic but I haven't smacked anyone yet. But sometimes I am close............
Old 09-18-2020, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld315 View Post
Johnny Wild plays every Monday at Lopez, 2 shows 600 and 800 ? They also play once a week at Havana.

Somehow, they figured out how to do entertainment at the defacto square south of 44 (Edna's on the Green) but they can't figure it out at the real squares.

However, in SS there is daily afternoon outdoor music at Amerikano's (2-4?) and Margarita Republic (4-8) . Indoor events at Margarita Republic (karaoke, DJ, trivia etc) most nights. Live music Thursday evening at WOB in SS, Live music Wed, Friday Saturday evenings at The Corkscrew in SS, I know the bar at Fiesta Bowl has entertainment most evenings also. I am probably missing some but this is a good start for Spanish Springs
Thank you ! Very detailed and helpful, sure added to my options. Nice to hear there is some progress while also many outdoor options. And to think you answered without having to add some kind of nasty barb or twist to it (ex. Fiesta Bowl is open...... IF you like to hang out with the virus germies). Some just can't resist....LOL... you are a decent and polite person.

Last edited by Ladygolfer93; 09-18-2020 at 01:18 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-18-2020, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I don't know. It is the truth. People do do that. That does happen. Maybe because people are so tired of the questions posed that answers have been given to. Or maybe because people are suspicious that once again we are going to have the same discussion over and over and over. There is only a very few who can and do rise above being sarcastic at times. Sarcasm is often the way some people keep from exploding perhaps? We almost all do it. The person to whom I am answering this question does it. We just can't see our own selves sometimes. We are not going to change anyone's minds. Some people just get all huffy because they are so damn fond of living. I really like living very much. Not ready to leave yet. Trying to stay away from things that will kill me. I do tend to be sarcastic but I haven't smacked anyone yet. But sometimes I am close............
Very thoughtful, I too found (in my "former" life...) people often use sarcasm as a defense, ran into that many times. And I think you hit another nerve, that some people really enjoy life (I sure do !) and are absolutely terrified of dying, that it takes over that part of the brain that is dominated by emotion. I agree (mostly) that you can't change anyone's mind, but slightly disagree. I find that when you work with people and judiciously avoid emotionally based "reasoning", you can sometimes bring them to a higher skill level in reasoning and analysis. It is possible, but you are so right, it is not probably. Often actually, because the other person involved also tried to rely on MORE emotion to "convince" the other... Now that's a loose loose. If you want to see this to the ultimate, instead of TOTV, just READ Facebook ! Talk about circular emotional "reasoning" ! !
Closed Thread

Tags
entertainment, pools, update, open, centers

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.