New commercial development coming to South Villages soon.

Closed Thread
Old 02-02-2017, 03:45 PM
Default New commercial development coming to South Villages soon.

With The Villages announcing another 14,000 homes are being built south of Hwy 44 you have to wonder how fast the Hwy 44 will start to develop and bring much needed commercial business to serve. Let's just hope they come soon. I do not about you but I hate to drive to Hwy 441/27 to shop. Too much traffic especially in the winter.

What would you like to see on Hwy 44?

How about a Costco and Academy Sports?
Old 02-02-2017, 04:28 PM
Gold member

Well since you ask...it's not a concern as I do most shopping online.
Old 02-02-2017, 06:41 PM

STILL hoping for a TRADER JOE'S!! =)
Old 02-02-2017, 06:48 PM

Don't think it will be quick. Demographics are the key and 28,000 people do not mean much when it comes to commercial development. It's actually sort of interesting " The Villages " acquired the property south of Rte. 44, but not a lot of the frontage. I think " The Villages has it's hands full still trying to develop the commercial property at Brownwood, Grand Traverse, Rowan, etc. If you look around there are still a lot of " out lot " properties all around " The Villages " and no takers. Don't really think they are interested in negotiating with the " big " players. Note that the new Lowes is going in at the Tailwind's development on 466A. Just my opinion.
Old 02-02-2017, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivaridger1 View Post
Don't think it will be quick. Demographics are the key and 28,000 people do not mean much when it comes to commercial development. It's actually sort of interesting " The Villages " acquired the property south of Rte. 44, but not a lot of the frontage. I think " The Villages has it's hands full still trying to develop the commercial property at Brownwood, Grand Traverse, Rowan, etc. If you look around there are still a lot of " out lot " properties all around " The Villages " and no takers. Don't really think they are interested in negotiating with the " big " players. Note that the new Lowes is going in at the Tailwind's development on 466A. Just my opinion.
I think your forgetting something here. How many people will be added to your number when the total build out is complete from 466A south to 44.
Old 02-02-2017, 09:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,127 Times in 2,240 Posts

Add to that the several other developments that have been announced that are NOT part of the villages, but located South of 44.

I am still waiting for an announcement of either a bridge or tunnel that will allow golf cart access to Brownwood area. I really hope they do NOT plan an AT GRADE crossing for golf carts, this would be a disaster. Fenney will still be cutoff, unless 468 is improved to include golf cart lanes and the speed limit is lowered.
This will be interesting to watch.

Tags
hwy, south, commercial, villages, drive

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.