New Construction?

Closed Thread
Old 06-30-2017, 08:24 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
They might try Trailwinds as I understand there will be a strip mall in there. Also, suppose to be a strip mall on the north side of 466A just east of Burke's BQ. Eventually, Jersey Mikes will find a spot......
He said they are going in the Lowe's Shopping Center. That is Trailwinds
Old 06-30-2017, 09:13 AM
Sage

I don't understand why people call sandwich shops, such as Subway & Jersey Mikes --restaurants-- the are ay best cafeteria's-any place without table service- IMHO -is not a restaurant-
Old 06-30-2017, 09:19 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
I don't understand why people call sandwich shops, such as Subway & Jersey Mikes --restaurants-- the are ay best cafeteria's-any place without table service- IMHO -is not a restaurant-
Exactly. They're quick service sandwich shops. I tried Jersey Mike's once and never again. Any place that uses a slicer is setting you up for cross food contamination. Plus, their sandwiches were at least 50% more expensive than Subway. To each his own, I guess.
Old 07-01-2017, 08:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha1 View Post
Exactly. They're quick service sandwich shops. I tried Jersey Mike's once and never again. Any place that uses a slicer is setting you up for cross food contamination. Plus, their sandwiches were at least 50% more expensive than Subway. To each his own, I guess.
So what you're saying is Subway and all the supermarket deli counters sanitize their slicers between cuttings and Jersey Mike's is the only one that doesn't?

Great, you'll be one less person in line at Jersey Mike's, you know they are America's fastest growing restaurant and if you go in the Lady Lake location and don't see a line, it must be 9:00 at night.

50% more expensive, quality costs more, everybody knows that. You even said they said they cut meat for your sandwich right in front of you, maybe you prefer the meat cut out-of-sight and stored in the under counter cooler until you order that Italian BMT 6 hours later.

Quote:
You're right, Subway is not a restaurant, Jersey Mike's is a res·tau·rant: a place where people pay to sit and eat meals that are cooked and served on the premises.

Jersey Mike's Cheese Steak Sub with grilled pepper and onions cooked while you wait, or you can go to subway where the cooking is done in a microwave.

The Villages Florida
Old 07-01-2017, 10:42 PM
Platinum member

Never heard of Jersey Mike's. Looks like another sub shop!
Old 07-02-2017, 04:27 AM
Sage

Love Jersey Mikes - just had the #9 Club Supreme on rosemary parmesan bread yesterday...
Old 07-02-2017, 10:11 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,023 Times in 455 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post

Great, you'll be one less person in line at Jersey Mike's, you know they are America's fastest growing restaurant and if you go in the Lady Lake location and don't see a line, it must be 9:00 at night.

...[/IMG]
They make a nice sandwich.

If you don't want to wait in line, you can order online and pickup at the time that you specify, bypassing the line.

They make a nice sandwich.

Jersey Mike's
Old 07-02-2017, 10:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Splitting a hair. Hope you never find one in your sandwich, no matter where you get it.

Wonderful food isn't always found where they serve booze. Number one fact of dining.

I am so glad I can cook. I can fix what I like. It has to be good or I have to be tired to leave my own cooking.

Gourmet Chatbrat. Get the Cabbage Beef soup, only served on Wednesdays at TooJays. And the half brisket sandwich on rye with horseradish sauce and have a glass of Yeungling with it.

Sweet.

Well not sweet...but you get where I'm goin'.
Old 07-02-2017, 10:26 AM
Sage

This thread is supposed to be about construction near Bealls. Sheesh!
Old 07-02-2017, 03:22 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
So what you're saying is Subway and all the supermarket deli counters sanitize their slicers between cuttings and Jersey Mike's is the only one that doesn't?
There was no sanitizing done between cuttings when I was there. And, yes, the same thing applies to the Deli at Publix. Both dairy (cheese) and protein (meat) are sliced on the same slicer and if that slicer is not sanitized after each slicing you are at risk. I don't mind paying for quality but a quick serve sandwich isn't where I'd spend that money. And my understanding is that Subway's meats are pre-sliced and package sealed at the factory. Typical deli meats and I assume Jersey Mike's, are also package sealed at the factory. Slicing from the hunk at the store makes no difference in taste or freshness but you're entitled to your opinion as am I.

Tags
chance, huge, bealls, lot, front

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.