New Construction Flyover of McClure, Marsh Bend, and Monarch Grove - 12-7-18

Closed Thread
Old 12-09-2018, 10:53 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,511 Times in 710 Posts
Default New Construction Flyover of McClure, Marsh Bend, and Monarch Grove - 12-7-18

It's been a while since I've posted a construction video of the area between Fenney and the Turnpike. I had been editing some footage off and on over the last two weeks but have scrapped it all after making this flight on 12/7/18.

I had sent my main drone (the Dove) off for a service replacement and was without for about 2 1/2 weeks. In the interim I purchased a second drone, a Mavic Pro that I call the Hawk and had been playing with it as well as keeping very busy with getting things off the ground (yes a pun) with the drone club.

This was the maiden flight for the Dove 2, what you are seeing is about 90% of the flight. Edited out was the takeoff and controls test, a short high speed test run, about 30 seconds I was hovering to talk, and the landing. In all a very aggressive 1st test flight that went exceptionally well.

This video shows the rapid progress in McClure and the start of home building in Marsh Bend that started just over three weeks ago. You'll also see the new Pitch and Putt course north of CR468 on the opposite side of the road of the cemetery. If you look closely you'll see them removing the temporary roadway on the north side of CR468 that was put in during the tunnel and traffic circle construction. As the flight moves south you will see the Linden and Monarch Grove villages under construction as well as the Village and Neighborhood Recreation Centers under construction.

The video is uploaded in 1080p and is best enjoyed when viewed full screen instead of windowed on the webpage or YouTube app.

The Drone Flyers Club meets the 4th Wednesday of the month at 9:00 AM at the Burnsed Recreation Center. There is no meeting in December being the day after Christmas. The club's web page is DRONE FLYERS CLUB - Home

While we are not having a meeting this month we are having a training and practice event on Saturday December 29th. The event is designed especially to help those that may be getting a new drone soon to learn how to fly safely and understand the laws and rules. More detail will be coming out about the event in the next few day.

Construction Update Video

I hope everyone enjoys the video and the accompanying music. Please subscribe to my YouTube page and leave comments if you enjoy my work.

Sorry about the disclaimer at the beginning of the video, a necessary evil.

Thanks
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 12-09-2018, 11:06 AM
Sage

Awesome ... THANK YOU!
Old 12-09-2018, 12:03 PM

Great work! Nice to see what is happening around my new neighborhood.
Old 12-09-2018, 01:01 PM

Thanks Don! Your construction videos are always much appreciated!
Old 12-09-2018, 03:07 PM

Great video... thanks for posting. When I was first looking in the Fenney area, your videos were really helpful. Now that I have bought in DeSoto, I'm still enjoying watching the area continue to expand.

One suggestion, it would be interesting to see what's happening further north as they progress toward Brownwood.

Thanks again for the great drone footage!

Leo
-Tom Robbins
Old 12-09-2018, 04:20 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,754 Times in 3,629 Posts

Still not seeing Country Clubs.

Old 12-09-2018, 04:47 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,327 Times in 1,442 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post

At least one has already been announced, I believe a little further south on 501. There will be more, wait until they cross the Turnpike, there is a ton of work going on over there and the earthmoving equipment is lined up ready to do more. I would like to know how many dollars in excavating equipment and trucks is sitting out here. There is so much going on that it's hard to realize exactly where you are. If you watch the video again, east of the Chip and putt course and west of the spec home he mentions you'll notice a circular drive paved with bricks, it's a different color than the other roads. These are large lots that run into the mid $250,000 range and will accommodate larger homes. It is encircled by a walking path along the marsh and no building will be behind these homes. I feel that there will be some fine homes built along there and most if not all will be customs. It's worth living down here just to see all of this amazing work being done. The island Villas near the Turnpike might be a little noisy but further west will be okay.
Old 12-10-2018, 12:09 AM
Platinum member

Quote:

You'll need to get a job in the developer's design team upper management to know all there is to know about when and where they're going to build the next ______(anything) before they announce it. These guys are the best in the business, they're not going to screw up a winning plan. We all just have to wait and see. For me, I'm going to keep digging in the on-line resources and take another 400 foot peak over the fence to see what can be seen.
www.goldwingnut.com
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 12-10-2018, 12:12 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriscoKid View Post
Great video... thanks for posting. When

One suggestion, it would be interesting to see what's happening further north as they progress toward Brownwood.

Leo
I've been looking and all that can be seen so far is some retention ponds, some recreation center location prep work, and lots of dirt being moved. When I see anything of value I will share it with everyone.
www.goldwingnut.com
Old 12-10-2018, 08:09 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,340 Posts

Very cool. Thank you!
Old 12-10-2018, 08:13 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,754 Times in 3,629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
You'll need to get a job in the developer's design team upper management to know all there is to know about when and where they're going to build the next ______(anything) before they announce it. These guys are the best in the business, they're not going to screw up a winning plan. We all just have to wait and see. For me, I'm going to keep digging in the on-line resources and take another 400 foot peak over the fence to see what can be seen.
Maybe I'll show up as pizza delivery boy and see if I get into the Developer's office.
Old 12-10-2018, 08:56 AM
Sage

Quote:
There is an 18-hole championship course shown on this map. BUT, the date is simply Future.

By the way, this is a page from the insert that comes in the monthly Villages Magazine. It appears to be kept up-to-date with each edition.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf VOSO Villages Magazine 2018-12.pdf (1,020.0 KB, 178 views)
Old 12-10-2018, 11:33 AM

Excellent video as always! I also appreciate the positive comments regarding The Villages construction.
Old 12-12-2018, 06:25 PM
Veteran member

Quote:

Really? not everyone plays golf. There are a lot more walking trails, dog parks, baseball fields, etc than up north. I think they are trying to appeal to a slightly less golf oriented audience....

And besides, it makes my two houses in Fernandina and Hillsborough more valuable!
Snow Flake until I retire
Old 12-13-2018, 05:51 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Maybe I'll show up as pizza delivery boy and see if I get into the Developer's office.
I like that idea! If you need some help pulling it off, let me know, I would love to know what they have planed also.
www.goldwingnut.com
Closed Thread

Tags
video, construction, flight, drone, weeks

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.