Cart broke down nobody stopped

Closed Thread
Old 03-12-2020, 09:46 PM
Default Cart broke down nobody stopped

Tonight our gas cart lost power at the corner of Tarrson and Aloha.
We sat there with no power no lights no anything at 10 PM.
The Villages Security/Courtesy Patrol drive past us once. At least three or four cars did the same and numerous golf carts. NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON STOPPED.
Nobody asked if we were ok, nobody stopped to offer assistance. Then after some time the Courtesy truck came by and he did stop. He was polite but said he can offer no help or assistance. We felt all of this was just wrong.
Fortunately I had the number for Henry Leon, The Golf Cart Guy (352-805-0450), he called Andy, The Tire Guy and they towed us home. Henry does great at your home cart service.
As for those that drove around us or the Villages Security, you might want to help people.
Old 03-12-2020, 10:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,505 Times in 3,104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Bleau View Post
Tonight our gas cart lost power at the corner of Tarrson and Aloha.
We sat there with no power no lights no anything at 10 PM.
The Villages Security/Courtesy Patrol drive past us once. At least three or four cars did the same and numerous golf carts. NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON STOPPED.
Nobody asked if we were ok, nobody stopped to offer assistance. Then after some time the Courtesy truck came by and he did stop. He was polite but said he can offer no help or assistance. We felt all of this was just wrong.
Fortunately I had the number for Henry Leon, The Golf Cart Guy (352-805-0450), he called Andy, The Tire Guy and they towed us home. Henry does great at your home cart service.
As for those that drove around us or the Villages Security, you might want to help people.
I'm so sorry you experienced a breakdown of your cart on the road. A question though - what would you have wanted anyone else to do, other than offer to call for a tow truck?

Was your golf cart blocking traffic, or were you able to get it pulled over to the side of the road? Did you try to wave down any of the people who passed by, or call out for them to help?

The problem is, passersby have no way of knowing why you are pulled over. Only that you are, and it's 10 at night, so it's probably too dark to tell if you're in need of help or just that random drunk who's itching for a fight.

In that area if I had been driving by I probably would've stopped to make sure you were okay but other than tell you I'm sorry you're stuck here, and let you borrow my cell phone if you didn't have one with you, there wouldn't be anything else I could've done.
Old 03-13-2020, 01:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

This is what Kart Aid is for. Gas or electric......I would not be without this service.......ever!

Kartaide home page
Old 03-13-2020, 04:30 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,015 Times in 273 Posts

I carry a long nylon tow rope in my cart and have twice towed villagers home. Once from the 8th hole on Truman to the 9th hole then to his house in Tamarind grove. Another time from Buena Vista to home. I was so happy to be able to help. So, don’t label all villagers.
Old 03-13-2020, 05:17 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
This is what Kart Aid is for. Gas or electric......I would not be without this service.......ever!

Kartaide home page
Kartaide is the greatest!
And actually I had a totally different experience than the OP, when my cart broke down recently,
a number of people stopped to offer help, I thanked them, and told them Kartaid was on the way!
Old 03-13-2020, 06:10 AM

Did u remain seated in the cart or were u standing near the cart in a safe place waving down passerby’s?

Do u carry a flashlight in ur cart that could be used to attract attention?
Old 03-13-2020, 07:10 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656

I am suprised. I have towed many people home with my tow rope. Others I have given a lift while they left their cart to be towed.
Old 03-13-2020, 07:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredster View Post
Kartaide is the greatest!
And actually I had a totally different experience than the OP, when my cart broke down recently,
a number of people stopped to offer help, I thanked them, and told them Kartaid was on the way!
Cheapest if you breakdown protection going
Old 03-13-2020, 07:27 AM
Veteran member

Aaa
Old 03-13-2020, 07:42 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Lived here going on 11 years have had KartAide the whole time on both Carts only needed them once but they were right there when we called. Best number to have in your phone. I wouldn't stop for someone just sitting on the side of the road either if they weren't at least trying to flag someone down.Used to but not anymore told off a few times.
Old 03-13-2020, 06:17 PM
Veteran member

Another shout out for KartAide. I have had their service for 7 years and last week had to call for the first time. Had a flat tire when I got to Hawkes Bay, so keeping my priorities straight, played my round of golf (I walked the course) then called KartAide. They were a little backed up, but the dispatcher told me it would be about an hour (it was less time) before they could come. The tire was no good, so they put a loaner spare on so I could get home, and told me to return it within a day or two. I had a new tire on the cart that afternoon so they could get their spare back. Very friendly service and worth the cost.
Old 03-13-2020, 07:01 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJohnson View Post
I carry a long nylon tow rope in my cart and have twice towed villagers home. Once from the 8th hole on Truman to the 9th hole then to his house in Tamarind grove. Another time from Buena Vista to home. I was so happy to be able to help. So, don’t label all villagers.
Do not believe they were labelling all villagers anything. You are very kind to offer your help to others as I would have also.
Old 03-13-2020, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jima64 View Post
Do not believe they were labelling all villagers anything. You are very kind to offer your help to others as I would have also.
It's nice to know that there are a few villagers that are willing to help others. Not sure about the others.
Old 03-13-2020, 07:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,505 Times in 3,104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomp679 View Post
It's nice to know that there are a few villagers that are willing to help others. Not sure about the others.
For me it's not a matter of being willing. I'm usually willing to help others. But what exactly would you expect me to DO in a case like this? I can't change a tire, I don't know diddly squat about fixing golf carts, I don't own a tow truck or a flatbed or a tow rope, or a spare golf cart battery, or a portable spare gasoline container.

All I have is a phone - and apparently so did the people who needed help.
Old 03-15-2020, 05:27 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Broke down today, had to be towed. Called the 24 hour cart club. I couldn't be more satisfied with their service. I highly recommend them.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Closed Thread

Tags
cart, stopped, home, golf, guy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.