New COVID guidelines from CDC - Maybe 2021

Closed Thread
Old 05-14-2021, 06:46 AM
Veteran member
Location: Dhahran, Duesseldorf, Hemel Hempstead, Phoenix, Grand Rapids, Washington DC, and now TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
I truly hope we don't get to the point of parsing words like this. Call it a passport or call it a card or call it my papers, it is all the same. If I am required to carry proof of my medical status (Covid, HIV, Measles, Tuberculosis, Meningitis, Flu, etc) in order to move around the country then my privacy is being invaded and I have lost a freedom.
Well, here's where we have the public health emergency and crisis management people get involved..

We don't know what the future will bring. If the numbers continue to drop and, as you said, only those who rolled snake-eyes get infected, and the hospitals don't get over-run, we may see all that go by the wayside.

I am optimistic enough to feel that we are now looking in the rear view mirror on this. Or, rather, vaccinated people are as the chance of a vaccinated person getting an infection is now 9000:180 MILLION, according to the news last night. And the majority of those actually were infected prior to getting the vaccine, so the number is far less.

And, Europe is now opening up to fully vaccinated Americans and I'm booking a flight to get a bratwurst soon!
Old 05-14-2021, 06:55 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,295 Times in 439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlcopper View Post
Dumb stipulation too. Obviously the ones not vaccinated will say they are. They are the same ones who have cried about wearing a mask this past year so will be the first to pull it off and breath on the rest of us
For a year we have been told that wearing a mask doesn’t protect you, it protects others. If you have had your shots, if you wear a mask it won’t protect me since you’re already protected. And I shouldn’t need to wear a mask since you don’t need protection from me, because you’re already protected. So why does my “breathing” have you so agitated?!?
Old 05-14-2021, 07:03 AM
Veteran member
Location: Dhahran, Duesseldorf, Hemel Hempstead, Phoenix, Grand Rapids, Washington DC, and now TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike193534 View Post
If some kind of verification would be needed in the future for proof of covid shots, what stops the need to prove flu shots, measles, etc etc etc, in USA? I know Vaccinations are needed to visit some countries, that is understandable. But what about our HIPA laws? We can’t be forced to release medical information without our approval. And according to local Drs no one can make you get the vaccine or any vaccine for that matter. PS. I got vaccine, but my wife is unable to get it.
Covid is unique in that it resulted in a Pandemic and the death toll is incredibly high. Plus is it very contagious. So they are writing a new set of rulebooks on this.

You are correct about HIPPA. But, it is your choice whether to take part in whatever activity requires you to provide proof. So, the activity is purely optional.

It's interesting you mention vaccinations to visit other countries. I just found my shot record I had to carry everywhere in the past. I couldn't even board the flight with it.

Airlines are responsible for checking vaccination requirements of your destination before you board. I don't see any of that changing. As more and more countries require Covid vaccinations, it will become second nature for travelers to keep their cards with them.

I have read that each state has a depository of vaccination records that can be used. For what I read, this is how cruise lines will check for vaccine compliance, although you WILL have to sign a release form for them to check the state records. So, you may not need the card at that time.

We're still wearing baby shoes and taking baby steps right now!
Old 05-14-2021, 07:06 AM
Veteran member
Default Freedom lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
I truly hope we don't get to the point of parsing words like this. Call it a passport or call it a card or call it my papers, it is all the same. If I am required to carry proof of my medical status (Covid, HIV, Measles, Tuberculosis, Meningitis, Flu, etc) in order to move around the country then my privacy is being invaded and I have lost a freedom.
Thank you. You are so right. The current political climate is all about removing more and more freedoms. Hopefully more of America will wake up to this before America as we knew it in the past is gone forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
This is a big deal and carries implications for getting people back to work.

COVID-19 Map - Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center
Doesn't really make sense. It's the vaccines that changed the playing field. If changing the guidelines was the only thing needed to get people back to work; then they should have changed them a year ago.

I think the change in guidelines has more to do with the changing public sentiment than it has to do with science. Even some of the well-known hosts of the opinion programs on the cable news channels are questioning why masks are required. Changing the guidelines, IMO, demonstrates the manipulation the CDC has been conducting on the populace. Think about it. What has changed since November that makes fully vaccinated folks safe today but not back then? If the vaccines are effective (and I believe they are) there's no reason for anyone fully vaccinated to wear a mask at all.
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
For a year we have been told that wearing a mask doesn’t protect you, it protects others. If you have had your shots, if you wear a mask it won’t protect me since you’re already protected. And I shouldn’t need to wear a mask since you don’t need protection from me, because you’re already protected. So why does my “breathing” have you so agitated?!?
It gets better -

Latest word from CDC says that vaccinated don't need to wear masks in most situations but that the non-vaccinated should continue wearing them.

And that we may see masks for a long time since some people are now very comfortable wearing them. uhh - not me. LOL
Old 05-14-2021, 07:09 AM

India has put cables and fencing over some spots in rivers to stop bodies from being thrown into the water and are burning piles and piles of bodies in the street.

I'm so glad our "conspiracy", never got as bad as their" conspiracy".
Old 05-14-2021, 07:16 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,862 Times in 785 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
I have been following the changing guidelines from CDC and we have reached what I consider a milestone. With only a few special case exceptions, like doctor's offices, hospitals, public transportation, etc. It is no longer recommended to wear masks.

This is a big deal and carries implications for getting people back to work.

If you follow the John Hopkins website for tracking data, you know that the US has been virtually untouched by the latest worldwide surge which has hit some countries with very deadly results. The US on the other hand has continued a slow steady decline in daily cases and daily deaths. (See link below for their new and improved website which also includes vaccination rate data)

We, the world, have now reached 1.38 trillion doses of vaccine administered. The US has administered 268 Million and while the curve is tapering off, we are still administering more every day.

For the first time in over a year, I have hope that we will beat this thing into submission. New variants are coming, but for now, I look forward to taking my wife out to eat at a restaurant.

COVID-19 Map - Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center
I think you mean 1.38 Billion, not Trillion. That many? That’s impressive!
Old 05-14-2021, 07:22 AM

If the unvaccinated don't wear masks they are putting only themselves at risk. The likelihood of a vaccinated person getting infected is extremely low
Old 05-14-2021, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaguey48 View Post
But, but, but. How do we know who is fully vaccinated? Do we carry a "I'm fully vaccinated" ID card? A arm patch? A decal on our car? How do we know? Ask, maybe? That could get a little uncomfortable.
Maybe one of these
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	download.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	89482  
Old 05-14-2021, 07:37 AM
Veteran member

We've dropped down to #18 in the fatalities/million as well.

COVID Live Update: 161,923,080 Cases and 3,360,907 Deaths from the Coronavirus - Worldometer

And if you look at when we started vaccinations in November, we've led the world ever since in numbers of vaccines given for the population.

All that preplanning starting last July saved millions of lives - we're now shipping excess vaccination doses to India and elsewhere.

Good Job, America!
Old 05-14-2021, 07:49 AM

Been dining out for nearly the whole time since opened back up near a year now.

I’m with you all the way on your philosophy here. Wish there were more folks that could see the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donassaid View Post
Welcome back to living. We have been dining out for months, without masks and without the vaccine. I know, I'm one of those ignorant, selfish people who don't buy into the hysteria over a virus with a 99% survival rate.
Old 05-14-2021, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Welcome back to living. We have been dining out for months, without masks and without the vaccine. I know, I'm one of those ignorant, selfish people who don't buy into the hysteria over a virus with a 99% survival rate.
We are not the brainwashed..
Old 05-14-2021, 07:55 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Beside a blatent disregard for others, it doesn't take a math wiz to figure out that a 99% survival rate (many with serious lifelong neurological and other issues) would mean

3.28 MILLION AMERCANS DEAD

Apparently, that is perfectly acceptable to you?
Old 05-14-2021, 08:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlcopper View Post
Dumb stipulation too. Obviously the ones not vaccinated will say they are. They are the same ones who have cried about wearing a mask this past year so will be the first to pull it off and breath on the rest of us
Let them knock themselves out. I'm vaccinated.
Fauci et al said one reason the government lifted the mask mandate was to encourage people to get vaccinated, since the rate of vac is falling. "You can go here, and you can go there, as long as your vaccinated." However, I believe that most of the non vaccinated will take advantage of the new rule and still not get vaccinated. Unless someone's standing at the door asking for vac records (which could be fake anyway), I doubt it will change their minds about vaccinations. They'll go anywhere they want to.

But oh well... Let them infect each other!

Tags
cdc, website, guidelines, daily, administered

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.