New DeSoto McClure flyover 9-16-18

Closed Thread
Old 09-20-2018, 09:51 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,519 Times in 712 Posts
Default New DeSoto McClure flyover 9-16-18

DeSoto and McClure are growing rapidly, this is a flyover of the area on Sunday 9/16/18. Of special interest on this is the tunnel that is being built under CR468 for the MMP, mid-video is the initial flyover and at the end is footage taken 3 days later, big changes.

I hope you enjoy the video and the music.

DeSoto-McClure 9-16-19
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 09-20-2018, 10:01 PM

Nice work on the fly over. Nice to see the progress of my new house from the air.
Old 09-20-2018, 10:06 PM

Love your videos!
Thanks
Old 09-21-2018, 06:18 AM

Another great video in the series. Much appreciated, as always. Thank you again..
Old 09-21-2018, 07:09 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

Thank you. They are great.
Old 09-21-2018, 07:36 AM

Don, love these videos. We watch this progress daily on the ground but it is so much more impressive from the air. Don't mean to knit-pick but the Verandas are not Villas, they are designer homes with floor plans the same as non-Veranda designer homes. Also, the area where you questioned if it will be another roundabout, yes that is what will go there. There will be 2 roundabouts between the turnpike and the entrance to Fenney on CR468.
Old 09-21-2018, 10:12 AM
Platinum member

enjoyed the view of the Desoto area.
Old 09-21-2018, 10:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Thanks for the flyover. Interesting that CDD12 will be 50% villas compared to 25% for the rest of The Villages.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Old 09-21-2018, 10:56 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
Thanks for the flyover. Interesting that CDD12 will be 50% villas compared to 25% for the rest of The Villages.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
If you've watched over the years, in a new area the villas are the first homes started and when they put them on the market they sell quickly. The night my villa community went on the market 15 of 59 homes were listed, All sold within the first 2 hours.

Give them credit, they know their market and they know what sells. Each new generation of villas also improve. The current plans have inside laundry rooms, walk in shower, and straight vs curved driveways. If you look at the villa communities over the years you can see significant change from the ones near Spanish Springs and going south, more floor plans, bigger lots, more colors, fancier facades, 2 car garages, and now in Atwood 2 1/2 car garages.
www.goldwingnut.com
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 09-21-2018, 11:06 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageIdiots View Post
Don, love these videos. We watch this progress daily on the ground but it is so much more impressive from the air. Don't mean to knit-pick but the Verandas are not Villas, they are designer homes with floor plans the same as non-Veranda designer homes. Also, the area where you questioned if it will be another roundabout, yes that is what will go there. There will be 2 roundabouts between the turnpike and the entrance to Fenney on CR468.
The original plans for Fenney referred to them as Veranda Villas so that has stuck in my head, but you are correct, they are designer homes with fenced yards.

I agree, the drawing released just 7 months ago showed 2 traffic circles on 468 (see attached map), but as we know plans change. The drawings show a traffic circle at 501/468 but they have now installed traffic lights at that intersection. If they were to have put in the circle they would have done so now instead of spending the money on the double traffic lights in all 4 directions.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	VOSO full-map.jpg
Views:	1744
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	76597  
www.goldwingnut.com
Old 09-21-2018, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
The original plans for Fenney referred to them as Veranda Villas so that has stuck in my head, but you are correct, they are designer homes with fenced yards.

I agree, the drawing released just 7 months ago showed 2 traffic circles on 468 (see attached map), but as we know plans change. The drawings show a traffic circle at 501/468 but they have now installed traffic lights at that intersection. If they were to have put in the circle they would have done so now instead of spending the money on the double traffic lights in all 4 directions.
I didn't realize they were ever referred to as Villas. On one hand, it kind of makes sense, on the other it can be confusing which may be way they changed the term. But just to keep it confusing, a little, all of the floor plans go by different names as a Veranda than they do if they are a standalone designer home.

You have a point as well about the traffic light. I saw it go up and had thought a roundabout was to be there. As you say, plans change, so we'll see what we end up with. I remember when the Putt & Play was first announced, a chip & putt was supposed to be part of it, now it's not. Instead the chip & putt will be over on the other side of 468 near one of the new rec centers.

Anyway, the videos are great. Have missed them as so much has changed since the previous ones you did. A few weeks ago, I got up early on a weekend morning and went out on the lanai to have a cup of coffee and I heard a drone flying around very near my house. I wondered if it was you, but probably not as it was still mostly dark out because the sun wasn't quite up yet.
Old 09-21-2018, 11:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
If you've watched over the years, in a new area the villas are the first homes started and when they put them on the market they sell quickly. The night my villa community went on the market 15 of 59 homes were listed, All sold within the first 2 hours.

Give them credit, they know their market and they know what sells. Each new generation of villas also improve. The current plans have inside laundry rooms, walk in shower, and straight vs curved driveways. If you look at the villa communities over the years you can see significant change from the ones near Spanish Springs and going south, more floor plans, bigger lots, more colors, fancier facades, 2 car garages, and now in Atwood 2 1/2 car garages.
You sure are right about the newer villas and their enhancements.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 09-21-2018, 02:50 PM

It is nice that you do these videos for us people who aren't there yet. I get to watch my house being built when you fly over from Sugar cane rec center I am across the street. Cant wait to be there. Thanks for all the videos.
Old 09-21-2018, 06:28 PM

Thanks so much for these videos. We look forward each time you post updates on the new areas!
Old 09-21-2018, 07:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Wow! Incredible build rate. Great videos, please keep them coming.

Tags
flyover, desoto, mcclure, big, days

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.