New DeSoto McClure flyover 9-16-18

Closed Thread
Old 09-21-2018, 07:26 PM
Location: California, Massachusetts, California, Virginia, Morocco, Massachusetts, Buttonwood

I love the videos. And the build rate, to me, is unbelievable. On our very first visit to TV in Jan, 2017, we heard rumors about a possible expansion to the south. Then, a few weeks later, the announcement about Fenney was made. It is incredible to me that they have come this far in so short a time.
Old 09-22-2018, 05:38 AM

Thank you! I was able to see our new house in McClure that we signed a contract on yesterday! Can’t wait to get down there!
Old 09-22-2018, 09:25 AM

Thanks again for the great videos. Our new house there is being painted right now and we are eager to experience the new one. I have made arrangements with a friend in Charlotte to keep a cart in his garage until the trail connections are completed so golfing with my regular group can continuie. Don't know anywhere else you can make better friends who are so eager to help each other. This will be our third location in TV since 2009 and the house features just keep improving. Looking forward to the opening of additional golf courses down there as the existing ones are just great.
Old 09-22-2018, 07:31 PM
Sage

Hi Don, I started subscribing to your YouTube channel several weeks ago. I enjoy your videos a lot. And the music is great!

I can now watch YouTube videos on my large screen television as Comcast added a YouTube app several months ago.

How long does it take between the time you upload your videos to the YouTube site until people can watch them?
Old 09-22-2018, 08:15 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,475 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaumburger View Post
Hi Don, I started subscribing to your YouTube channel several weeks ago. I enjoy your videos a lot. And the music is great!

I can now watch YouTube videos on my large screen television as Comcast added a YouTube app several months ago.

How long does it take between the time you upload your videos to the YouTube site until people can watch them?
They’re available almost instantaneously after I hit the publish button on YouTube. That’s the easy part.

Planning a flight can take between 1 and 6 hours depending on if I have to scout it out in the truck and in the air.

When I’m ready to fly and depending on the location and distance I have to work with my spotters to get them in the right location and get everything set for the flight.
The flight itself is normally no longer than 30 minutes due to battery power limitations. But, I may, and normally do, have to fly it 2 or 3 times to get the camera settings just the way I want them. So the actual on-site time to do the flights is about 3+/- hours, not including driving time. It’s also not uncommon to have to abort a flight and start over if I end up in a situation where I might fly over people or vehicles.

Once I get the raw video footage home I start editing, normally the first to go is the takeoff, landing, prepositioning fly, and return flight. Most videos are at 1.5x to 3x of normal speed and a 6 minute final video may have started as 30 minutes or more footage. Editing, titling, review, and final rendering normally takes between 2 and 4 hours. The upload only takes about 10 minutes for a file, between 500mb and 1gb, and YouTube takes another 10 minutes to prepare it on their end.

In all it can take 8 hours or more for a 6-8 minute video. The golf course videos normally only take about 6 hours start to finish for 2 courses thanks to lots of practice. Loblolly and Longleaf courses have about 30 hours of work in making that video and was flown 10+ times to get the final product due to lack of any electronic mapping.

It’s a lot of work but I love my tech toys and I’m a computer geek so it’s a lot of fun for me.

I glad you’re enjoying the videos. And watching them on a big flat screen tv is great. I watch them on mine a few days after posting them and I always see something or someone I never noticed during editing.
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 09-22-2018, 10:18 PM

Great job!!!! Thanks so much for sharing!
Old 12-07-2018, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
Thanks for the flyover. Interesting that CDD12 will be 50% villas compared to 25% for the rest of The Villages.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Hello, I'm not in The Villages yet and am looking to buy a new Patio Villa. We like the area north of the Warm Spring Avenue (Village of Marsh Bend). What are is CDD12?

GoldwingNut you are my hero! We went on a lifestyle preview visit in September and looked at the Village of McClure and it's so hard to get your bearings now that we're back in Michigan. Your video of the area was so helpful! It's also nice to see there will be patio villas in the Village of Marsh Bend. Have they started building out anything north of Warm Spring Avenue?

Thanks.
Old 12-07-2018, 08:40 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,475 Times in 703 Posts

Yes, construction has started north of Warm Springs Ave., LOTS of it. I have some flyover footage of the area showing the new homes and the Pitch & Put course that's been built just north of WS Ave.. This area is all CDD-12 just like Fenney, McClure, and DeSoto. I haven't had a chance to edit and post the video footage yet between the Holidays and doing things to get the new Drone Flyers Club here in The Village off the ground (pun intended). I hope to have something up for that area in the next few days.
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Closed Thread

Tags
flyover, desoto, mcclure, big, days

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.