New dishwasher

Closed Thread
Old 07-23-2021, 08:11 AM

I've had a Bosch for about 5 years now. In researching before buying it, it was rated as the quietest. I can attest to that. It even has a tiny red led light on the bottom of the door which shines a red dot on the floor so you know it's still on. Cleans very well too. You get what you pay for. Personally, unless the current machine was broken, I'd probably go on the waiting list myself.
Old 07-23-2021, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo View Post
My search reveals no recent postings on buying dishwashers. I think I want Bosch but am guessing we may run into the supply chain problems. Any recommendations?

Just bought an LG dishwasher. All dishwashers seem to be in short supply. Only way to know is to go into the store or look online for availability. Note that dishwashers come in different heights. Our space required less than 34.5" Many are 34.5 (too tall for ours) or 36".
Old 07-23-2021, 09:11 AM

Appliance Direct. Most times same day delivery. Have purchased a dishwasher and a stove in the last six weeks.
Old 07-23-2021, 09:42 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
My search reveals no recent postings on buying dishwashers. I think I want Bosch but am guessing we may run into the supply chain problems. Any recommendations?
I am a reliability freak. We replaced all our kitchen and washing appliances with the most reliable brands in each category. So our items don't match exactly. One company can build microwaves but their refrigerators stink. By far Bosch was the best at building dishwashers. Works slightly different than other brands, I might add. We like it. Quiet but takes 2h 30m to do a wash if that makes any difference to you. We start ours at 11 PM. Does not hold as much as the builder's GE brand. If you wash wine glasses, bring one to the store to see if you can stand it up in the top rack. Some dishwshers fail this test. Be careful of some review sites, they are made by manufacturers or distributors. Read the feedback comments on Home Depot and Lowes. Consumers Report has some informative repair history. Again each brand makes one appliance excellent and the rest are poor quality. Odd.

Skip
Old 07-23-2021, 09:55 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,199 Times in 461 Posts
Default Bosch dishwasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokefawcett View Post
Just as a heads up, Bosch has about 120 different SKU’s in dishwashers and due to Covid are only producing approx 50. The average wait time time from order to delivery is 4 - 7 months. This is primarily due to supply chain issues mostly related to computer chips that are required to operate the entire machine. Also as a FYI average for lifespan of all dishwashers is 6 years - Bosch is still averaging over 11 years.
Worth the wait. The silverware rack at the top is the greatest. I also have a Jenn Air in my other house, which is outstanding too but the bosch top silverware rack is better.

Last edited by merrymini; 07-23-2021 at 10:00 AM. Reason: Added copy.
Old 07-23-2021, 10:19 AM
Platinum member

Thank you for all the responses. I really lucked out. I went to Lowes yesterday after posting this and there were 10 of the model Bosch that I chose in the Orlando distribution center which the salesperson said could easily be snapped up within the hour. I made a snap decision and have the new dishwasher delivered this morning but now need to find someone to install.
Old 07-23-2021, 11:53 AM
Platinum member

Last year we bought a Bosch DW from Lowes. Had no problems and highly recommend Bosch. Quietest DW on the market
Old 07-23-2021, 12:31 PM

Quote:
I've had many dishwashers over the years. By far, I was really impressed with the Bosch. Not such a familiar name in the appliance departments but wow, was it terrific! So quiet, cleans really great, and very modern appearance. Easy to understand how to use. I would replace my current Whirlpool in a heartbeat if it ever breaks down to needing a replacement. We had gotten ours at Lowes. If you have other appliances through them on a current warranty policy they can give you a better deal on multiple appliances, even if they are not the same company manufacturer. Miss my Bosch!
Old 07-23-2021, 02:07 PM
Default Dishwasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokefawcett View Post
Just as a heads up, Bosch has about 120 different SKU’s in dishwashers and due to Covid are only producing approx 50. The average wait time time from order to delivery is 4 - 7 months. This is primarily due to supply chain issues mostly related to computer chips that are required to operate the entire machine. Also as a FYI average for lifespan of all dishwashers is 6 years - Bosch is still averaging over 11 years.
I bought Bosch from Best Buy about 6 weeks ago, had a 1 week wait. I’m in Louisville KY, maybe I just got lucky. I wish the industry would make long lasting, quality products. I would gladly pay more to get 15-20 years use & avoid irritating life interruptions.
Old 07-23-2021, 03:04 PM

Quote:
I would wait as long as it takes to get a Bosch. I love my Bosch!
Old 07-23-2021, 03:24 PM

website AJ Madison. Free Delivery. Stuff is always in stock. Excellent Customer Service. Hands down this is the best dishwasher you can buy. I'm on my 3rd in my 3rd new house. Fisher & Paykel DishDrawer Series DD24DAX9N I has 2 drawers and I alternate between using the top and bottom and you don't waste water by running a large dishwasher when you only have a few things. If you do have a lot then run both at the same time. So quite you can't even tell it is on.
Old 07-24-2021, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlcopper View Post
You will have a problem with deliveries from everywhere. Bought a patio set in April and was told delivery wouldnt be until the end of June. I agreed to wait. Three days later, I get a call saying now its the end of July. I doubt they didnt know that when I purchased it. Again, I agreed to wait. Delivery date was today. Now its 8/5. if it doesnt arrive on the due date now, Im cancelling my order and just keeping what I have. This is Rooms to Go.
I feel your pain Girlcopper. We ordered a patio set from a place in Fruitland Park(can’t recall the name). Ordered in May 2020 expected delivery sometime in Aug. Well Aug, Sept, Oct came and went. Kept telling us they had no idea when our set would ship from Sarasota, FL as mfg. was waiting on the wood like stuff to come from China. We got our furniture right before Thanksgiving. This surely tried our patience. Our furniture was a special order and if we cancelled we would have lost our money. I guess we could have asked if we could buy something else in stock but we didn’t. Hang in there and good luck!
Old 07-25-2021, 09:08 AM
Veteran member

We bought a different house in The Villages in February and decided to replace all of the appliances. We had recently replaced our dishwasher in the "old" house with a Bosch and really liked it but were told by a few retailers that it was basically impossible to get Bosch dishwashers at this time. We ended up going with an LG unit that matched all the other LG appliances we were getting and it has so far been as good and quiet as the Bosch had been (which was WAY quieter and more effective than what had come originally with the house).
Closed Thread

Tags
problems, chain, supply, run, guessing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.