New Downtown......

Closed Thread
Old 01-23-2007, 06:17 PM
Default New Downtown......

I am still stuck up here in the freeng north pole called Maine, but I always read the online newspaper and found out that there is going to be a THIRD downtown. It is to be called Brownwood. It appears that they are going to put it along SR44 and Buena Vista. What is the sentiment among the populace in the Villages? I for one welcome this. Another place to go dancing, have fun and wow.... a 3rd happy hour........

:bigthumbsup: :#1: :hot: :beer2:
Old 01-23-2007, 09:00 PM
Send a message via AIM to LovinItAtTheVillages Send a message via Yahoo to LovinItAtTheVillages
Default Re: New Downtown......

8) Yes I heard about it today..sounds great...but being a "Villager" who pays $119 a month..to enjoy the entertainment..and all the fun of the Villages...I do think it should be for us...and not for all the others who come day tripping into town...and worse..now theres a new Hotel being built right in Spanish Springs..what does that mean? More Visitors..who don't pay the $119 or more monthly fee...will be using our squares...filling the restaurants..sitting in the chairs..and taking the prime parking spaces...
all while we pay pay pay...do you know we even have to pay for rubbish collection when we are not here...
yep...monthly fee here or not...
it costs alot to build those town squares...and the money is coming from us..........the property owners
I say ...fine..let anyone in...but charge them to park..make them buy a day pass to sit and enjoy the "free amenities" that we property owners do not get FREE
Disney charges...Universal Charges..noone gets a free ride...if the day trippers do..then we should get a break too!
Old 01-27-2007, 09:19 PM
Default Re: New Downtown......

Yeah another downtown would be great but I'm afraid all that FREE entertainment will go away when the development is completed.

I originally heard that the developer was picking up the tab for the entertainment but have also recently heard it was the downtown business owners. Since I have no idea, or control, of where my amenities fees go I may be paying for the entertainment and don't even know it. :dontknow:

There are pro's and con's about living in The Villages and as the con's continue to add up some of us will just have to pack up the old kit bag. ;D

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.