New flyover of ongoing construction

Closed Thread
Old 01-14-2019, 01:15 PM
Veteran member

Thanks for another great video. I love these. Can't understand why anyone would have a problem. The developer should be paying you for the free advertising. Anyone that is worried about buying down there would stop worrying after seeing this. My only comments would be they seem to be differentiating this area for less of a golfer and more of a nature lover/ pet lover. Definitely less golf courses around than in Hillsborough/Fernandina/Dunedin etc.
Way more open space/walking trails, and pet facilities than they have though.
Snow Flake until I retire
Old 01-14-2019, 02:33 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,511 Times in 710 Posts

Below is the comments I posted earlier today on YouTube about the developments south of SR44 following several comment about the lack of golf courses, lack of amenities, and the apparent higher density of houses in the areas being developed. I've posted many of these comments before. My numbers come from documents available to all on the internet. While many can make numbers read what they want them to say, I don't take that approach, I don't need to, the numbers are solid and represent simple facts.

While there are many that have an innate dislike of the villages and those responsible for its success and the opposite can be said for those that have "drank the kool-aid", I am neither. I see most things as fact or fiction, good or bad, black or white, without emotion, all the result of my training as an engineer. Neither do I work for or have ever worked for the developer, I worked 20 years in the commercial construction industry and have seen both good and bad ways to run a job, project, construction site, and business. I'll give credit were credit is due and criticism without reserve when due.

Here are my earlier comments:

Your comments are incorrect about golf courses, amenities, and the compactness of the homes, in fact, just the opposite is the case.

The easiest is the golf courses:
North of SR44 there are 324 holes of executive golf, or about 1 hole for every 182 homes. If you include the additional 324 holes of championship golf, this lowers the number to 1 hole for every 91 homes.

South of SR44 we can only look at CDD-12 as that is all any clear plans have been announced for. Keep in mind that completion of this area is still a quite a way off. In CDD-12 the development documents state that approximately 3637 homes will be built and plans show that 5 executive courses will be built (this does not include the Pitch & Putt or Putt & Play facilities). This works out to be about 1 hole for 81 homes. CDD-12 will have more golf per home than the rest of the villages north of SR44 according to plans.

The argument next normally made is that there are no championship courses. Historical data reveals that the normal ratio is also about 175.5 homes per hole for championship courses or about 6319 homes are needed to support a 27-hole championship course. Remember that championship courses are privately owned and not considered amenities, as such they have to make money for the course owner to survive. The number of homes for survivability is not in the ballpark yet. If one assumes that the development on the east side of the turnpike is similar in size to the west then a new championship course would be in order, amazingly enough information released so far indicates a championship course to be built in The Village of Bradford.

About the number of homes and your crowding comment:
The closest comparison is size for CDD-12 is CDD-10, in CDD-12 there is scheduled to be 3637 homes on 1490 acres or about 2.4 homes per acre, while in CDD-10 there are 6639 homes on 1589 acres or about 4.2 homes per acre. Villages wide for CDD-1 thru 10 the average is 4.1 homes per acre. In CDD-11 the number is slightly less than 3 homes per acre. The big differentiator between the new and old CDDs is greenspace, the developer seems to have taken a very big and responsible interest in the preservation of greenspace in their new developments.

There is a significant difference is types of homes being built with a greater emphasis on villa units. CDD-12 development documents reflect about 47% of the homes will be villas whereas the average north of SR44 is just over 25%. In the 5 years I’ve been tracking the development here villas have always sold very rapidly compared to designer and premier homes. Living in a Courtyard Villa community the prime interests of my neighbors and I in the selection of the home was a) Privacy and b) pets. This would also explain the large number of Veranda homes (designers with fenced yards) being built and sold. I can’t tell if the 47% includes the Veranda homes or not by reading the documents and haven’t done an actual count to validate the percentages of home times but first-hand observation seems the confirm the shift.

Amenities:
The number and variety of amenities being added continues to be surprising and surpassing all other areas of the villages. Two regional recreation centers in this relatively small area. In the area between SR44 and CR466A there are also two regional recreation centers but they service CDDs 9-11, or 14,103 homes on 3567 acres. The list of new amenities continues to grow as more is announced.

In my opinion, the misperceptions of what is going on down in the VOSO area comes from the greater visibility that the area has because of technology and the internet that was not as prevalent or available in the past. If there’s a secret being kept about this new area it’s being kept by the current residents and it’s how great the area is and that it continues to improve.
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 01-14-2019, 04:39 PM

Thanks once again GWN. Facts are stubborn things, aren't they? Hard to argue with them but some still try anyway.
Old 02-04-2019, 10:54 AM

Great video very informative thanks
Old 02-08-2019, 07:39 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
Below is the comments I posted earlier today on YouTube about the developments south of SR44 following several comment about the lack of golf courses, lack of amenities, and the apparent higher density of houses in the areas being developed. I've posted many of these comments before. My numbers come from documents available to all on the internet. While many can make numbers read what they want them to say, I don't take that approach, I don't need to, the numbers are solid and represent simple facts.

While there are many that have an innate dislike of the villages and those responsible for its success and the opposite can be said for those that have "drank the kool-aid", I am neither. I see most things as fact or fiction, good or bad, black or white, without emotion, all the result of my training as an engineer. Neither do I work for or have ever worked for the developer, I worked 20 years in the commercial construction industry and have seen both good and bad ways to run a job, project, construction site, and business. I'll give credit were credit is due and criticism without reserve when due.

Here are my earlier comments:

Your comments are incorrect about golf courses, amenities, and the compactness of the homes, in fact, just the opposite is the case.

The easiest is the golf courses:
North of SR44 there are 324 holes of executive golf, or about 1 hole for every 182 homes. If you include the additional 324 holes of championship golf, this lowers the number to 1 hole for every 91 homes.

South of SR44 we can only look at CDD-12 as that is all any clear plans have been announced for. Keep in mind that completion of this area is still a quite a way off. In CDD-12 the development documents state that approximately 3637 homes will be built and plans show that 5 executive courses will be built (this does not include the Pitch & Putt or Putt & Play facilities). This works out to be about 1 hole for 81 homes. CDD-12 will have more golf per home than the rest of the villages north of SR44 according to plans.

The argument next normally made is that there are no championship courses. Historical data reveals that the normal ratio is also about 175.5 homes per hole for championship courses or about 6319 homes are needed to support a 27-hole championship course. Remember that championship courses are privately owned and not considered amenities, as such they have to make money for the course owner to survive. The number of homes for survivability is not in the ballpark yet. If one assumes that the development on the east side of the turnpike is similar in size to the west then a new championship course would be in order, amazingly enough information released so far indicates a championship course to be built in The Village of Bradford.

About the number of homes and your crowding comment:
The closest comparison is size for CDD-12 is CDD-10, in CDD-12 there is scheduled to be 3637 homes on 1490 acres or about 2.4 homes per acre, while in CDD-10 there are 6639 homes on 1589 acres or about 4.2 homes per acre. Villages wide for CDD-1 thru 10 the average is 4.1 homes per acre. In CDD-11 the number is slightly less than 3 homes per acre. The big differentiator between the new and old CDDs is greenspace, the developer seems to have taken a very big and responsible interest in the preservation of greenspace in their new developments.

There is a significant difference is types of homes being built with a greater emphasis on villa units. CDD-12 development documents reflect about 47% of the homes will be villas whereas the average north of SR44 is just over 25%. In the 5 years I’ve been tracking the development here villas have always sold very rapidly compared to designer and premier homes. Living in a Courtyard Villa community the prime interests of my neighbors and I in the selection of the home was a) Privacy and b) pets. This would also explain the large number of Veranda homes (designers with fenced yards) being built and sold. I can’t tell if the 47% includes the Veranda homes or not by reading the documents and haven’t done an actual count to validate the percentages of home times but first-hand observation seems the confirm the shift.

Amenities:
The number and variety of amenities being added continues to be surprising and surpassing all other areas of the villages. Two regional recreation centers in this relatively small area. In the area between SR44 and CR466A there are also two regional recreation centers but they service CDDs 9-11, or 14,103 homes on 3567 acres. The list of new amenities continues to grow as more is announced.

In my opinion, the misperceptions of what is going on down in the VOSO area comes from the greater visibility that the area has because of technology and the internet that was not as prevalent or available in the past. If there’s a secret being kept about this new area it’s being kept by the current residents and it’s how great the area is and that it continues to improve.
Actually according to a new 2018 audit report found on the districtgov.org web site and I quote “Village CDD No. 12 (Sumter County) – This CDD’s boundary consists of approximately 1,483 acres within the city limits of the City of Wildwood in the in the northeast corner of the county. Planned development includes construction of 6,144 residential units of which 4,608 remain unsold as of the end of the Fiscal Year.” Now, the figures in the audit report could be wrong.

If the figures are correct, CDD 12 will have 6,144 residential units and not just 3637 so the comparisons presented above will change.
Old 02-08-2019, 07:52 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,511 Times in 710 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
Actually according to a new 2018 audit report found on the districtgov.org web site and I quote “Village CDD No. 12 (Sumter County) – This CDD’s boundary consists of approximately 1,483 acres within the city limits of the City of Wildwood in the in the northeast corner of the county. Planned development includes construction of 6,144 residential units of which 4,608 remain unsold as of the end of the Fiscal Year.” Now, the figures in the audit report could be wrong.

If the figures are correct, CDD 12 will have 6,144 residential units and not just 3637 so the comparisons presented above will change.
2PK, I saw the same information recently also and found it interesting that it directly conflicts with the CDD12 charter documents on file that were my source documents for my numbers. These numbers would substantially change the calculations and will be worthy of a revisit once all the plans are finalizes and announced to the public as to what is going to be built. I've been wrong before, quite frequently if you ask my wife, so we'll need to see what happens as the development continues.

Nice flyover pictures in your other post 2PK, keep up the good work.
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Closed Thread

Tags
video, time, flyover, read, applies

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.